DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

“Aircraft Cannot Take Off”

Robert427

Reactions
Twice in the same day, I was prevented from taking off and received this error message on my Smart Controller. I was well outside of the DJI restricted areas (> 10 miles). All software recently updated. Both areas were fairly remote and no cellular connection.

Once home, I had no issues.

Any suggestions on possible causes and remedies / workarounds? Perhaps inadequate GPS coverage???

Thanks in advance.

If you touch the warning and then the triangle in the top row of the resulting page you might have been presented with information concerning the reason.
If you
1) download the relevant txt flight log from the phone and Csvview from the internet
2) install the latter and use it to process the flight log
3) click on "file" at the top LHS of the resulting window and export the csv
4) open the csv with a modernish spreadsheet program
you may see error messages down the far RHS of the spread sheet.
Instructions on how to download the flight log can be found at DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
CsvView can be found at. CsvView Downloads
If you are using a MacBook I recollect CsvView can not process txt flight logs, if that is correct upload the log to the above Phantom help webpage and either down load the csv from the resulting page or post the link to the resulting page here.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Are you sure you were well clear. Recently in Loreto B.C. Mexico I tried to fly from our hotel on the beach and received a can't take off message. I was sure I was well clear of everything as it had taken us about 45 minutes to get to the hotel from the airport. When I checked my aviation-based App, Foreflight, I realized that we had done a lot of zigging and zagging enroute to the hotel and were actually only .6 miles from the end of the Runway. quelle surprise DJI know!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctiptonk