DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

10$ Mavic mini anti collision lights tested

Hughes820

Reactions
In case you own a mavic mini and haven’t noticed the lack of lights except for the flashing green One on the bottom in the back of drone. I wanted to fly in twilight and found it nearly impossible to navigate without lighting. All a sudden I got this idea while I was looking Online at the “pricey anti collision lights”. Personally I did not think my idea was gonna work but I figured it’s worth a try. Well it seemed to have worked! But before I could post my idea to everyone I figured I would test multiple scenarios over the next two months in different Unstable weather Conditions and flight modes . By no means is it 100% safe and I’ve only Had 2 months to test this out so please if you try this out use your head and be safe about it. I will be throwing a video together Today and will post it On here Once I’m finished

In case you own a mavic mini and haven’t noticed the lack of lights except for the flashing green One on the bottom in the back of drone. I wanted to fly in twilight and found it nearly impossible to navigate without lighting. All a sudden I got this idea while I was looking Online at the “pricey anti collision lights”. Personally I did not think my idea was gonna work but I figured it’s worth a try. Well it seemed to have worked! But before I could post my idea to everyone I figured I would test multiple scenarios over the next two months in different Unstable weather Conditions and flight modes . By no means is it 100% safe and I’ve only Had 2 months to test this out so please if you try this out use your head and be safe about it. I will be throwing a video together Today and will post it On here Once I’m finished
Looking forward to it

I am considering this hack:

These searchlight only cost $7 (including shipping) here.

Claimed weight of the item is 10.5g

Reactions: Bill_H
I designed this one...

Reactions: dozzn and ff22
I had the exact same visuo drone as you before I got my mini! I thought that was an interesting coincidence. Also, very cool light. I might look into purchasing one.

Here is my hack

Got these off a 50cent child's helicopter light toy - the one that you slingshot to the sky and it comes down slowly like a helicopter with all lights flashing.

Will attach this to the Mini via 3M double sided tape. Totally removable and re-positionable. Also has an on-off switch

Runs on its own internal battery which is replaceable.

Attachments

• MM Navi Lights Hack.jpg
    MM Navi Lights Hack.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member