DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

200$ kite or a falcon?

frank candor

Reactions
before i got my drone, i wanted a Falcon! ... after finding out about the regso_O,... i wanted Revolution kite! anyone else have alternate flying dreams?

before i got my drone, i wanted a Falcon! ... after finding out about the regso_O,... i wanted Revolution kite! anyone else have alternate flying dreams?
Pardon my potential ignorance, but did you mean a Falcon, as in bird of prey?

Mike

Not sure what you mean with a kite or falcon, but for me it was the other way round: I used to be a fanatic paraglider, until I had a massive crash which shattered one of my vertebrae. I was lucky to walk away from it with full recovery (after a helicopter medevac, 9 hours surgery and 18 months recovery), so I decided to quit that hobby and looked into other ways to see the world from above. Been hesitating a lot when it was only phantoms, but when the Mavic Pro was announced I went for it! :)

I've got a revolution kite, (shockwave), I was big into them at one point. they are lots of fun to learn :)

Reactions: frank candor
Not sure what you mean with a kite or falcon, but for me it was the other way round: I used to be a fanatic paraglider, until I had a massive crash which shattered one of my vertebrae. I was lucky to walk away from it with full recovery (after a helicopter medevac, 9 hours surgery and 18 months recovery), so I decided to quit that hobby
Wow.... can't argue with that decision.

Mike

Reactions: JoostGT3
Falconing also piqued my interest recently when I saw one at a medieval fair. I also looked into it and it’s way to regulated here in Australia. And hunting with them is illegal.
I’ll just stick to my drones

Uf, falconry must be absolutely stunning to do. It’s not a hobby though, it is a way of life, you will need to dedicate all your time to it and then some.

If only I could get my hands on one of these.
that was pretty impressive. Im wondering if they slowed the footage down any. Ive seen a few different ornithopters, and they are normally not so graceful

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean with a kite or falcon, but for me it was the other way round: I used to be a fanatic paraglider, until I had a massive crash which shattered one of my vertebrae. I was lucky to walk away from it with full recovery (after a helicopter medevac, 9 hours surgery and 18 months recovery), so I decided to quit that hobby and looked into other ways to see the world from above. Been hesitating a lot when it was only phantoms, but when the Mavic Pro was announced I went for it! :)
when i was 12 i found plans to build a hang glider outta bamboo(easily found at my carpet store??!!) and black plastic! glad i didn't go through with it. besides most of my flying dreams consist of me flapping my arm/wing things!

Reactions: JoostGT3
when i was 12 i found plans to build a hang glider outta bamboo(easily found at my carpet store??!!) and black plastic! glad i didn't go through with it. besides most of my flying dreams consist of me flapping my arm/wing things!

Oh man, I did love it though... how can you beat this:
Dsc_7142_1680x1116.jpg P1010692a_1680x1116.jpg P1010630a_1680x1116.jpg

And a pic I took of my friend flying with a tandem passenger:
Dsc_8561_1680x1116_filtered.jpg

I did some contract work for Boeing in Singapore for a couple years. I saw these on my first trip, and went back to watch them many times. . They are RC "kites" with brushless electric motors. Almost silent. They looked like UFO's. Very cool!

Wow, I built my first areal platform on a kite in the early 90’s.
When I built my first quad, I never went back. However, I still have this setup.
Check out my link.
Eye In The Sky / Scope On A Rope

When I built my first quad, I never went back. However, I still have this setup.
Check out my link.
COOL setup, Deltas! my fav( and only kites)cheap ones with 3' wingspan, i would keep adding line till i couldn't see it then just tie it off for a while.

Check out my link.
I guess there’s no worries about high limits and stuff in early 90’s. The line seems to ruin the shots. We’ve come a long way with drones.
I wonder with the RC kites means if there’s wind, it could stay up for a lot longer. The props can be stopped to cruise with the wind. Add a camera, it’ll be like flying a mavic in fixed wing mode.

Reactions: Drone Master
BTW, you may have seen it already, but I had a bit of an encounter last weekend... not a Falcon, but a buzzard hawk / common buzzard (buteo buteo).

Reactions: AnzacJack

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan