DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2nd flight crash

rossihvac

Reactions
I decided to show my dad how impressive my Mavic was. I sent it up and around to survey the neighborhood and pressed RTH to bring it back. I must have nicked the joystick because all of a sudden the mavic moved sideways right into a tree. The damage looks like the absorber mount that screws to the gimbal itself. I ordered a new ribbon cable just for the hell of it too. Im pretty good at repairing electronics so i was wondering if this would be an easy job/

Thanks in advance

Doesn't seem to hard. I'm just pissed that i broke the thing after 4 hours of use, its so **** frustrating

My advice, take your time with it, because the last thing you want to do is break something else while youre in there. Be especially careful of removing the fromt vision sensors from the connectors. They usually have lot of glue on them, and you should remove as much glue as you can before trying to disconnect them, otherwise the ribbon cable will tear very easily.

Also, when installing the ribbon cable connectors, be gentle yet firm and make sure they snap in. Look at the female connectors after you've removed the OEM cable, and make sure none of the pins are bent. If you bend any pins, they usually dont bend back without breaking.

My advice, take your time with it, because the last thing you want to do is break something else while youre in there. Be especially careful of removing the fromt vision sensors from the connectors. They usually have lot of glue on them, and you should remove as much glue as you can before trying to disconnect them, otherwise the ribbon cable will tear very easily.

Also, when installing the ribbon cable connectors, be gentle yet firm and make sure they snap in. Look at the female connectors after you've removed the OEM cable, and make sure none of the pins are bent. If you bend any pins, they usually dont bend back without breaking.

Thank you for the advice, i truly appreciate it. Im still in awe that crashed it so **** fast. I really hope i can fix it.

Ordered a new plate and ribbon cable from amazon, hopefully it works. I put the mavic back together and gave it a test flight without the gimbal and it’s flying perfectly. I was freaking out big time that I did more damage

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13