DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 days to ship?

Reactions
Purchased a Mavic II Pro on Tuesday, has taken until Friday to ship and that is with DJI Select! No tracking number, no notice of shipment. I had to go to my account to find out the status of the order. Not impressed DJI.

Shipped in 3 days and you are complaining? You obviously don’t know DJI’s reputation. In 2016/17 they had people waiting 6 months for the original Pro and a inconstant stream of false status updates to keep purchasers tagging along. 3 months ago it took 10 days for orders to be shipped.

1st world problems

Reactions: Kilrah
Great thread for those studying modern society. In a world where Social Media has taught us that we can post something and immediately get a response or acknowledgement/validation from others, we expect everything to be "instant"...

Reactions: dtp and choo choo
No, I think that the op just wanted what was promised by DJI.
I was just pointing out that DJI doesn’t have that good a reputation for delivering on advertised delivery times. Part of this is their extended procedure for dealing with credit cards. There is normally a delay between the order going through and the shipping date. Probably something to do with interest earned on the thousands of dollars that are in DJI’s account from confirmed orders that haven’t been dispatched yet. Here in the UK, sellers are not allowed to take the money unless the item(s) are being dispatched. If they do hold money for any significant time they are expected to refund interest earned. That regulation doesn’t apply to DJI who are in China.

we expect everything to be "instant"...

No, we expect it to be within the promised time frame. If they're unable to meet that, they need to revisit their time frame predictions.
People do actually have places to go, trips to go on, flights to book, day need to be taken off work, all of which need advance notice.

Reactions: MavicMo
The trouble with the modern world is everything seems to be instant and ‘to go’. We have drive through McDonalds, (other food outlets are available, for balance). Fast food, fast cars, faster girls (I wish) . Hell, if you die, the relatives don’t even have to waste time mourning or paying respects, they just stick your body in a window and they say toodle pip to you as they whizz past in their cars. The rest of the world seems to work at a different pace.

Really can't see where anyone is asking for "instant" or "to go". Merely DJI actually live up to their promises and give something accurate. It allows for planning. Probably the opposite of "instant" "to go"

Really can't see where anyone is asking for "instant" or "to go". Merely DJI actually live up to their promises and give something accurate. It allows for planning. Probably the opposite of "instant" "to go"

Not saying that anyone is asking for “instant”, just saying that in our world we are used to things being fast and “as advertised” In the rest of the world, it’s more of an aspiration, and they are probably a bit more laid back with their attitude to timescales. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, just different attitudes.

Define "rest of world".

Generally if you offer something within a specific timeframe then its called professionalism. It doesnt matter what that timeframe is provided its accurate.

Even some of the third world nut job countries ive lived in will give a timeframe. Its usually laughable and vague but you get one. Not everyone is able to delay flights, take days off work whenever they need to sit at home just waiting and needs details to plan their every day life.

Define "rest of world".

Generally if you offer something within a specific timeframe then its called professionalism. It doesnt matter what that timeframe is provided its accurate.

Even some of the third world nut job countries ive lived in will give a timeframe. Its usually laughable and vague but you get one. Not everyone is able to delay flights, take days off work whenever they need to sit at home just waiting and needs details to plan their every day life.

Exactly my point, they’ve given a time frame. They aren’t bothered if it’s accurate, but we who rely on it to be accurate are the ones who are put out, inconvenienced. It’s the fast paced world in which we work in that means we can’t be waiting around. Time is money and money is king.
I’m waiting for my Mavic, it was shipped within 3 days and is on route somewhere. I have the next 3 days off work then I’m back to the daily grind on Thursday. I bet DHL send me a text to expect delivery on Thursday when I’m at work. The parcel will no doubt end up back at the depot where I will have to then drive to it to collect my parcel. It’s an inconvenience, but not the end of the world.

Thats what i mean, i want an accurate timeframe.

If its 3-5 days then fine. If its 15-20 days then fine. The ACTUAL time doesnt matter but the schedule does.

I ordered based on "3-5 days" on the day of launch and coming up to 10 days later i dont have it. That has messed me up as im waiting around for it to come before going abroad. Each day is costing me useful holiday time and ultimately i may have been better off waiting and buying it in Asia (where its cheaper) in a few weeks. IF they'd given me an honest date i could have made that choice.

Reactions: choo choo
Thats what i mean, i want an accurate timeframe.

If its 3-5 days then fine. If its 15-20 days then fine. The ACTUAL time doesnt matter but the schedule does.

I ordered based on "3-5 days" on the day of launch and coming up to 10 days later i dont have it. That has messed me up as im waiting around for it to come before going abroad. Each day is costing me useful holiday time and ultimately i may have been better off waiting and buying it in Asia (where its cheaper) in a few weeks. IF they'd given me an honest date i could have made that choice.
Wow. I wouldn’t be cancelling flights and wasting holiday time waiting around for a drone. Do you already own a Mavic? Is the Mavic Pro going to make your holiday that much better?

Wow. I wouldn’t be cancelling flights and wasting holiday time waiting around for a drone. Do you already own a Mavic? Is the Mavic Pro going to make your holiday that much better?

Im not cancelling im waiting to book. And i'll be away for 1+ year as its direct to work after it. Hence waiting. By doing this i can sell the MP here and not have to wait 8+ months to get a MP2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stormsignal