DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

333 Exemption

gkrug

Reactions
I am a licensed Private Pilot with Instrument and sea plane ratings. Would this qualify for an exemption? If so how would I apply? Thanks. gkrug

Commercial pilots follow Part 107 now. Visit this site: Becoming a Pilot and scroll down to the EXISTING PILOTS - WHAT TO EXPECT section.

If you are a current Part 61 (having a BFR in last 24 months) you can go online, take the free training from the FAA and add Part 107 to your current certificate.

The FAA isn’t really issuing (or renewing) any 333’s anymore.

If you are a current Part 61 (having a BFR in last 24 months) you can go online, take the free training from the FAA and add Part 107 to your current certificate.

The FAA isn’t really issuing (or renewing) any 333’s anymore.

Section 333 Exemptions are still a very real and valuable process for "Exceptions" to FARs (manned aircraft operations have to get these often). With Part107 now active no one is seeking Section 333 Exemptions for "normal" UAS flights. They are still valid (unless expired) and can be renewed if the Operator has valid needs that are not addressed within the Part 107 umbrella (Motion Picture Movie Set for instance).

As stated above, if you're current with Part 61 you only need to take the ONLINE test and then get the DPE to sign off and get your information entered into the system. The test is SUPER simple to say the least.

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
I'm a commercial pilot, decided to get my 107 last December after the instructor who gave me my flight review told me how he got his. Took the on line test during a snow day and had my temporary that week (I went to a FSDO office to get my temporary certificate issued). 10 months, 6 drones and many hours later I have no regrets about getting involved with new field as after 40 years in aviation I was getting burnt out. Flying sUAVs and actually getting paid a little to do so has been fun and rewarding!

(stepping off soap box)

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe