DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 cam attached to a mavic - interactive/movable camera footage

mobile1

Reactions
Interactive Samsung 360 camera strapped onto a mavic - use mouse to look around while riding the mavic - or WSAD keys, or controls in the video top left.. this is my first try didnt notice camera was set to lower resolution.. so more high resolution ones to come here in the next couple days...

more of my other external cam footage is here
Externally Mounted Camera Footage of Mavic Pro in Flight

Last edited:
I was going to try this when i get used to my mavic. I've also got the samsung 360. How was flying with it? Any issues?

It was a day with quite strong wind.. went really well.. it does feel a bit heavier.. and a tiny bit less stable so it wobbles a tiny bit but nothing of concern. Also towards the end coming back I was going full throttle in sport mode.. even that went great. I used two 3M strips to attach it.. plus some electrician tape... only thing I did not have camera set to full 4k resolution so this is a lower resolution one. To make it interactive on youtube ..though google uploading 360 video to u tube.. u need to manually inject spherical data.. easy to do. But it won't work to just upload it from the camera app.

You had the camera mounted backwards. There are also 3D printed mounts that attach to the bottom of the drone that clear up the view a lot. No more looking at the props and the top of the drone. You just need to have ActionDirector flip the few.

Two drawbacks.... the resolution is the huge one. Yes, you should just set it at the highest and leave it there. Anything less is about worthless. Also, as shown in this video, the front facing camera is where the view starts. I think they need to allow the edit to start with a view in any certain direction but that is not possible. What I've done is put a sticker on the correct lens labeled, FRT.

Interactive Samsung 360 camera strapped onto a mavic - use mouse to look around while riding the mavic - or WSAD keys, or controls in the video top left.. this is my first try didnt notice camera was set to lower resolution.. so more high resolution ones to come here in the next couple days...

more of my other external cam footage is here
Externally Mounted Camera Footage of Mavic Pro in Flight
Would probably be better footage if you could suspend it under the drone.

Thank you - That's why the footage is backward lol thanks for pointing front out ;-) Yeah I have the same 3d printout on order to mount it below... was wondering what that looks like. Personally I kind of like seeing the drone body and prop and mounted on top.. .feels like one is sitting on a flying carpet... there is a 3d print out:

KARAMba : DJi Mavic Mount for 360/GoPro/LUME/Light by jeanmariecannie on Shapeways

to mount it on top.. but I think that one mounts the camera too far to the front which I think would cause too much load on the front motors (and lower flight times I would think).. besides the 3m strips provide pretty sturdy attachment without any weight. I think mounted right behind the on/off button is the best spot on top.

I am still trying to figure out the camera.. just did a flight and ended up doing a time laps clip by accident...

mobile1-

I too, have been experimenting with a 360 camera mount on the dji Mavic Pro. Here is a little video of what I have been doing with a Giroptic360 camera on the MavicPro.

Would probably be better footage if you could suspend it under the drone.

I tried it and it it interferes with the down looking sensors. I also had no success in mounting it higher on top to eliminate the spinning blades but it won't balance and flips the MavicPro upside down and crash! as soon as it takes off. Only way I have found is to crop the bottom of the image for a cinemascope aspect ratio.

tcope- Your test looked really good and I see I need to do more work on this. Do you have a still shot of how you mounted the Giroptic360? Did you use the inverted mount method?

Last edited:
Hi,
When i take the 360° spherical camera from the air with Mavic Pro for video ,that means :

1/ I would like to look at the down side of landscape and NOT upper (of my drone of course)
2/ Use normally all system of Mavic Pro (VPS and GPS are ON).
3/ Take-off and Landing normally from the ground (Not with the hand at all)

This is my DIY conception for the landing gear with camera Garmin virb 360°:

I don't want this picture :

And this is the video with this concept :

I will send the video VR 360° without the drone inside late

Last edited:
Reactions: Keule
Because I don't like to see the picture of Mavic Pro with propellers on air !!! I try to eraser this drone , for the first time ....to look for where 're the imperfection of this pratice :
( the camera 360° is not yet horizontally rule on the Mavic Pro )

Since my prior post Cyberlink has released PowerDirect 16. This version contains 360 stabilization and you can also choose what direction the clips starts. These two things are huge for 360 video. They also made it very easy to color grade 360 video. I'm still getting used to editing with the new features but have put up a short video to that uses these features:

Just FYI, this is a Sutton 454 single line kite. It's 454 sq feet with a 160' ribbon tail.

The problem I still have is that you can now start the clip and set the _default_ view direction but you cannot force the view that way when the clip starts. I have no idea why this is not yet a feature. When editing it should be an option to force the start view a certain direction on a new clip.

Last edited:
There's 1 another assembly I maked before:

The landing gear DIY very cheap (about 2 euros ) ,very light and very quickly to set on Mavic Pro (1seconde) with camera 360°:

And my system on scene for video from Mavic Pro and from camera 360°not too heavy with DIY 4D stabilisation (when walking or running for scene:

And when it's sunny ,all is easy to dismount:

Flying with stability no problem almost for take off and landing from the ground:Thumbswayup

Cherry on the cake , this 's all my DIY landing gear for Mavic Pro alway light, alway easy to mount and very very cheap to do:(sorry for this except subject )

Last edited:
Hey all - I have a question that I haven't been able to find the answer to anywhere so far and I'm not sure where else to post

I bought this mount after watching multiple YouTube videos of people successfully attaching an Insta360 One camera and flying with it.
41VYEE3CX0L.jpg

However, whenever I try to hand launch, the motors power up to a certain point, right before going airborne, and then I get a "Motor Current" Error on the app and the mavic wobbles dangerously crazy while in the air. It flies fine with JUST the mount, without the camera attached, and the camera itself is fairly lightweight. The only thing I can think of is that maybe there's too much weight towards the front? But then again, there are plenty of YouTube videos showing this exact setup without issue.

Any thoughts?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser