DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd party app for mini 2

I think it all hinges on DJI releasing the SDK (software developers kit). Litchi seems to be the main candidate, having included many DJI drones. The Mini 2 and Air2s should be included once they can.

The new Litchi beta test has waypoints for both the Mini 1 and the Mavic Air 2. I do not know how long it will be before the generally available version will be available., nor if and when Waypoints will be available for the Mini 2.

Reactions: Capt KO
Is there any hope for an app with waypoints,etc or am I just dreaming ?

Are you asking about autonomous waypoints, or waypoints that still require a real time RF link to the controller? The first isn't going to happen, just like it won't for the Air 2.

And not forgetting Dronelink. If they do for the Mini2 what they have done for the Mini 1, you're in for a treat! Mike
I wish Dronelink was more user friendly. I bought it but haven't been able to program even the simplest mission with it. It's powerful if you can figure the bugger out. I can wield Davinci Resolve without issue but Dronelink is lost on me.

As stated the Litchi beta has just included waypoints for the mini and A2. Received an email this week

I wish Dronelink was more user friendly. I bought it but haven't been able to program even the simplest mission with it. It's powerful if you can figure the bugger out. I can wield Davinci Resolve without issue but Dronelink is lost on me.
Try the OTF (On The Fly) missions (lightning bolt symbol). There are all kinds of pre-programmed functions that prompt you for the required information to set up the mission. There is even one for waypoints called ‘path’.
Hope this helps.

Chris

One way to possibly speed up the process is if everyone interested were to contact DJI directly (Contact Us - DJI), and request that they release the updated SDK faster so that 3rd party apps could support the Mini 2 and Maverick Air 2. Yes, I have read that there is no incentive to do this by DJI but if enough of their customers request it they may just act a little sooner.

I've just emailed them again to ask if they have a date for SDK 5.0 being delivered.

Was set on Dronelink for its Waypoints, but if Litchi can do them, that makes things complicated again.

How I sympathise! The pandemic lockdown gave me the space and it has been hard work. Importantly, though, it has proved absolutely reliable when executing a program and I feel it was worth the effort. Anyone else?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna