DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

How does this screen’s brightness compare to DJI crystalclear devices?

Given its about the same brightness as the iPhone 7+, it’s not quite as bright as any of the crystal sky monitors. Now brightness is just one factor. How it behaves in direct sunlight is another. I’ll have to see this in mañana

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I barely flew under the radar for $49 online two days ago but I am still waiting for shipment to arrive tomorrow, even though the Walmart has fresh stock today I was arguing with two managers why they should sell me the phone at $49, but no dice I would have to wait for my online shipment to arrive tomorrow. It's funny how their online ordering does not work with the store inventory... dang

Saw a spec where it has fast charging but I don't think it does. At least it doesn't indicate it like my S7

It sips so little energy that even regular 2A charger doesn't take long to top it off. I don't remember the last time I charged it. The battery life on this wunderthing is phenomenal. ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup Apple should be ashamed.

It sips so little energy that even regular 2A charger doesn't take long to top it off. I don't remember the last time I charged it. The battery life on this wunderthing is phenomenal. ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup Apple should be ashamed.

Samsung should be ashamed also. I can already tell that it gets much better battery life than my S7. But we must also realize we don't have sim cards in these things so the mobile radios are not active.

Samsung should be ashamed also. I can already tell that it gets much better battery life than my S7. But we must also realize we don't have sim cards in these things so the mobile radios are not active.

True. But reviews on walmart.com and slickdeals and xda from regular users indicate that battery life is fantastic even with cellular enabled.

It scolds me to unplug the charger as soon as it gets to 100% "to protect your battery." Surely it won't hurt to leave it plugged in overnight? Longer?
Should I leave auto-brightness turned off? Last night when I was fiddling with it in a darkened office, it got so dim I could hardly read it. Will it stay full-bright on a sunny day with auto turned on?
I did not have an SD to put in when I set it up. Has anybody flown without one? Will I have to reinstall DJI GO if I add an SD and set it to be the main storage later?
I will compare the display to the iPad Air 2 as soon as the sun gets up a little higher. I like this phone, and I'm starting to get used to Android.

I ordered a Wunderphone™ from WM on Black Friday. WM shipped using Lasership. Ugh. Lasership tracking says:
Loaded onto vehicle at 1:47 PM (at a warehouse 30 miles from here)
Out for delivery at 1:48 PM
Delivered at 1:49 PM

No, I don't think so. And no, it's not here. Odds are it was just stolen by the delivery driver or warehouse insider, but geez, the dude is not even smart enough to fake a realistic trace log.

Anyway, I chatted with WM support, they were wowed by the fake trace log, processed the return of the one I never received and are sending a new one. Just in case they use Lasersh*t again, and since it was still $49, I ordered another one for pick up at a local store. Amazingly, 4 of my 5 closest WMs had it in stock. That way if Lasersh*t steals it again I could, as a last resort, walk into a scary WM store and pick up. Or, if the phone is as nice as folks here say, I just might pick up in either case and keep both.

New member, first post.

Just got a refurb Mavic during BF, and saw this thread while cruising the forum. Based on the reviews here I figured I have to give this thing a shot even though I've never used Andriod. Thanks for sharing this find and I look forward to learning more about this drone!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IMWOOD