DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

luckily I got two phone at $49 one from WM and one from JET. Last minute at jet too, literally. Going to unlock one and use it for travel abroad. I flew today with the mavic and wunderphone and everything was good, it runs really fast and no image lag at all which happens witih the iPhone 6 because I have lots of other apps, etc going on. But it froze the app and wouldn't respond near the end of my flight, luckily I was hovering 200 ft above my position and taking aerial photos so I was able to easily land with the RC but it scared me as if it happened before I would have been screwed. Not sure how to prevent this. I sideloaded 4.1.15 and did everything people said to the T. I tried closing and reopening app and it wouldn't connect to my aircraft so I just landed via RC. Anybody have a good fix when this happens , when you lose the app and u have to navigate via RC. Does the Return to Home button work?

My understanding is that the RTH button works if the phone is not connected. You don't need the phone to fly. A good way to test this is to take off and hover not so far away that it won't be hard to visually land. Unplug the phone, hit the RTH button and it should land like normal assuming a clear landing space. Make sure you set a proper RTH height and get GPS lock before you take off.

Last edited:
PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

:D:D:D
picard is me 4 sure,im wearing dimples in this phone from looking,all ive found in regards to maps is about a china map

Just successfully downloaded the states of WY, MT, MO & KS using the don't F with the phone during download method. MO paused on me so I had to close the app and start over. Worked on the second try.

I installed a 64mb SD card today and when I started the GO 4 app the resource file had to install again. My downloaded maps were also gone.

i finally installed 4.1.15 took me a min to figure it out since i am iOS user, will be testing it out over the weekend. you right XDP the steal of 49.00 is over i told my co-worker he went online he said is 89.99 i said is over them.

Can you tell me how you did that? I'm an IOS user and I'm not sure where to point. thanks

Polarization: since the winderphone screen is polarized 90deg opposite my Maui Jim sunglasses, I can’t see it in landscape mode. I can in portrait but that won’t work as I can’t fly from side of controller or turn my head 90deg [emoji15]
Any ideas?

Don't wear polarized glasses, maybe? :D

Just successfully downloaded the states of WY, MT, MO & KS using the don't F with the phone during download method. MO paused on me so I had to close the app and start over. Worked on the second try.

I installed a 64mb SD card today and when I started the GO 4 app the resource file had to install again. My downloaded maps were also gone.
Oh that's not good. I have mine all set up but want to put an SD in too when I get it. Were you able to get everything squared away again without too much hassle?

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Man, this Christmas present is turning into a lot of work. Maybe I should have asked for a taller stepladder instead.

You have 18 days to RTWM (Read The Wuhderphone Manual). When you finally open it, you'll be the most knowledgeable Wunderphoner on the planet! :D
i dunno,ive went from a fully charged battery to almost depleted and likely have confronted every bad issue known in these dji apps

picard is me 4 sure,im wearing dimples in this phone from looking,all ive found in regards to maps is about a china map

It's because you're not looking in the right spot. It's the first screen where you pick your drone type. Instead of picking the drone, click the 3 lines.

1f455ec8ade4e61c2c7dce0bd0275e35.jpg

Well, you're in a more difficult position than others, because you don't have the Wunderphone, your Christmas tree does. :D
no ive yet to wrap it,been playing with it and djigo app but no joy,had some success but that went to chits:p

It's because you're not looking in the right spot. It's the first screen where you pick your drone type. Instead of picking the drone, click the 3 lines.

1f455ec8ade4e61c2c7dce0bd0275e35.jpg
clicking that only shows sign qr code,academy,flight record,store and find my drone and app shows spark not the mavic

no ive yet to wrap it,been playing with it and djigo app but no joy,had some success but that went to chits:p

Don't worry. Santa will fix it for ya while it's under the tree. You'll open your Wunderphone to the message from DJI: "Your Sheshuan Province download via roaming data is complete. Your $999.99 bill is in the mail. Happy Chinese New Year!" :D

maybe i have dji app for spark not mavic

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece