DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

No, not a dumb question. That's what this forum is for. The reason you need the SD Card in your phone is because the Go4 App records your flights onto your phone, or whatever device you are using as FPV (First Person View) along with any maps you have cached. This is a lower resolution recording. The HD recording will be onboard the Mavic on the SD Card, along with cached maps.

If you lose your bird or you just want to look at flight data from a flight, it will be recorded onto the SD Card of your FPV "this phone" as long as you specified the card for main storage. This phone has a limited 16 GB capacity, and the operating system of this phone hogs down all but about 7 GB. That's why we need to add the SD card for more storage.
You may need the flight data stored on the SD Card to show to DJI should you have a crash or malfunction.
The recording can be set to loop, erasing oldest recordings to record new data. That setting is in the app.
Hope this helps.
Thanks MrMavic, When I go into storage on the wunderphone I do not see an option to change storage to sd card.

Thanks MrMavic, When I go into storage on the wunderphone I do not see an option to change storage to sd card.
For setting storage to external SD card, go to Settings > Memory & Storage > Default Location

I'm pretty sure you need to do this when you start up the phone, before you start adding apps and data to the phone. So you might want to restart your phone before you try it (i.e. start all over again)

The SD card gives you more memory to store cache, photos and videos. I'm finding my phone's 16GB internal memory already has 12GB used up.

Don't know how important SD speeds are for the mavic but I would suppose the faster cards would be most useful for video. But I've been using the midrange SanDisk SDHC cards (~80MB/s) in my phone, MP and also in my cameras and they seem to work ok, with no noticeable problem, for example, compared to using the phone's internal memory. Walmart had 64GB SanDisk Ultra Plus cards for $17 the other day - but now back to $23. Boy are prices jumping all over the place these days.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I ordered the same one yesterday, x2, and a 128GB one - too many Wunderphones! What's curious is that they say that the list price is $23, while not long ago it was ~$45. I bought this card for 45 about 2 weeks ago.

I bought two of them in August for $23.99 each. The Post Office lost them so Amazon FedEx'ed a new order. Two months later the original order showed up on my doorstep. I guess it takes the Post Office two months to get around to sorting lost mail. Oh well, I hope they took the loss rather than Amazon.

Got it, Just dawned on me, it helps to put the **** card in.

Submit your entry to this thread, we have a fierce competition there:

Idiot award?

7.gif

Reactions: rickw
No, not a dumb question. That's what this forum is for. The reason you need the SD Card in your phone is because the Go4 App records your flights onto your phone, or whatever device you are using as FPV (First Person View) along with any maps you have cached. This is a lower resolution recording. The HD recording will be onboard the Mavic on the SD Card, along with cached maps.

If you lose your bird or you just want to look at flight data from a flight, it will be recorded onto the SD Card of your FPV "this phone" as long as you specified the card for main storage. This phone has a limited 16 GB capacity, and the operating system of this phone hogs down all but about 7 GB. That's why we need to add the SD card for more storage.
You may need the flight data stored on the SD Card to show to DJI should you have a crash or malfunction.
The recording can be set to loop, erasing oldest recordings to record new data. That setting is in the app.
Hope this helps.
Some great info. especially on "recording can be set to loop"
Thanks

As someone who does RTFM, I take great risk asking why it is that you can run the Go4 app if the RC is connected and powered on, but if it's not, you just get the wifi network settings screen. I thought I read a thread on the subject, then realized it might be buried here, so I read back 10 or 15 pages or so and couldn't find it. The post or thread was called something like "Secret to running Go4 app without being connected" or something.

When I read it, I thought nothing of it, as with my iPhone, I never had the problem...just click "enter device" and there you go. Is this an XT 2 thing? Anyone know the post/thread I'm talking about?

Flew two full batteries yesterday w/ the latest updates and had no problems whatsoever! Took pics with the new pano stuff and some vids too..

I didn't see (in the hamburger menu) a place to download offline maps - is that part of the new software? The maps (google) showed up yesterday on the wunderphone while flying..It wasn't connected on any wifi..

As someone who does RTFM, I take great risk asking why it is that you can run the Go4 app if the RC is connected and powered on, but if it's not, you just get the wifi network settings screen. I thought I read a thread on the subject, then realized it might be buried here, so I read back 10 or 15 pages or so and couldn't find it. The post or thread was called something like "Secret to running Go4 app without being connected" or something.

When I read it, I thought nothing of it, as with my iPhone, I never had the problem...just click "enter device" and there you go. Is this an XT 2 thing? Anyone know the post/thread I'm talking about?

Just select Mavic from the list of devices and if you used it with the app at least once, it'll let you go to Flight screen. Besides RTFMing, some trivial exploration and problem solving skills are good to have.
4.gif

Flew two full batteries yesterday w/ the latest updates and had no problems whatsoever! Took pics with the new pano stuff and some vids too..

I didn't see (in the hamburger menu) a place to download offline maps - is that part of the new software? The maps (google) showed up yesterday on the wunderphone while flying..It wasn't connected on any wifi..

In this thread, we're talking about using Wunderphone with Go 4.1.15. What is missing in .18, or in any future version, is beyond our control.

Reactions: rickw
Also is there a way to turn the sleep function of the phone off? I just see 10 min of inactivity as the highest amount to select
The phone should not sleep when DJI GO is running and you're in the camera view section of the app.

Yea, got all that (i actually read the whole thread) - .18 is working flawlessly for me on the Huawei so i was just asking anyone else who might be using it also..ill check back soon when you get up to .18 so I can participate in this thread!;)

I didn't see (in the hamburger menu) a place to download offline maps - is that part of the new software?

Yea, got all that (i actually read the whole thread) - .18 is working flawlessly for me on the Huawei so i was just asking anyone else who might be using it also..ill check back soon when you get up to .18 so I can participate in this thread!;)

It's been mentioned countless times, page 2 is only one of them.

Sketch.png

just consider yourself lucky,most users can't use .18

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh