DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

I am getting a controller error when I plug it in. When I plug my iPhone in it works perfectly. I might just be done with the Wunder phone

RTFM:

http://download-c1.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=97222&version=408400&siteCode=us

Correct specs:
HUAWEI Ascend XT² Smartphone | Mobile Phones | HUAWEI United States
Huawei Ascend XT2 (2017) review and specifications - DroidChart.com

Update Dec 6, 2017: the $49 Steal of the Millenium has ended. It's still the Steal of 2017 at $89.

Good News: Huawei Elate for $65 is identical phone, only diff it has white front and it's Cricket:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cricke...phone-white-with-gray/6032705.p?skuId=6032705

View attachment 26228

20qglu-1-jpg.26302

screen-shot-2017-12-08-at-11-48-33-pm-jpg.26351

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuun Forrest ruuuuuuuuuuun!!! :D

forrest_gump_running_alabama_jenny.jpg

UPDATE DEC 3, 2017: the "Run to your Walmart" part is now outdated, it's either out of stock or very limited, check availability online and order for instore pickup, here's the product page:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AT-T-PREPAID-Huawei-Ascend-XT2-16GB-Prepaid-Smartphone-Silver/854006794

Some reviews from regular people, most are blown away:

https://www.walmart.com/reviews/product/854006794

Also, read slickdeals user comments for up-to-date info (link below), it has some info about unlocking it from AT&T if you want to use it as a general phone; this thread is about using it as a dedicated Mavic screen only, no SIM/cellular required whatsoever.

/end UPDATE DEC 3, 2017

TL/DR: RUN to your Walmart NOW, thank me later. This $49 phone is not only slick, well built, has huge battery, has 8 cores, no lag, bright and crisp large screen, SD card tray, headphone jack, FM radio, Android 7.0, decent camera, and much more - it works with Mavic amazingly well.

All - please read the whole thread, takes 10mins to skim, don't step on the same rakes over and over.

D0A1D18ED182D0BAD0B8D0BDD091D091D09FD095D0B3D180D0B0D0B1D0BBD0B8D0BFD0B5D181D0BED187D0BDD0B8D186D0B01102541.gif

(begin time-sensitive info: as of Dec 3, 2017 there are problems with Go 4.1.18; this info may become irrelevant for later versions)

IMPORTANT: Go 4.1.18 is a mess and can crash any phone, including this one, so do yourself a favor and use 4.1.15 installed from APK (aka Android Application Package). Download it here:

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.15 (1027412) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

However, at least for some users (see posts #86 and #90) .15 when first launched fails to download a resource needed by the app. The workaround for this is to install 4.1.18 from the Play Store (important: disable Auto-update apps), launch it while still on WiFi, let it d/l the resource, uninstall the app, install .15, open while still on WiFi, let it do its thing, login to your Mavic account, download Offline Maps (in hamburger menu on main screen, may intermittently stall, known issue with HERE, restart the app and retry), then you can turn off WiFi (or keep it on if you need satellite maps), at this point the app will work like a charm. With .15, you have Quickshots, but no Panorama (.18).

(end time-sensitive info)

Enjoy your WUNDERPHONE!!!

p1010222-jpg.26064

vs. ipad mini 2:

p1010217a-jpg.25908

For unlocking/rooting discussion, visit XDA forums:

Huawei Ascend XT2 (H1711)?

(also, comments on slickdeals link below)

OP below:
-------

Just ordered Huawei Ascend XT2 from Walmart for $49 (regular $119):

16GB Huawei Ascend XT2 AT&T Prepaid Smartphone (Silver) $49 + Free S/H

Will pickup tomorrow. Anyone uses it for flying Mavic? Is it adequate?

I normally use iPad mini 2, but was looking for a dedicated smaller device, especially for hiking with Mavic; also, I'm flying with Goggles most of the time, so bigger screen size is not important.

People seem to be impressed with it (even at $119 price), so I simply impulse-ordered it thinking this deal may vanish fast. Will report back in a day or two!
Not the best screen ever - Way too small.

With all the stupid errors and not being able to fly my M2P on it I made the jump back to an iPad. Oh well it was good while it lasted. Anyone want a wunderphone for cheap?

With all the stupid errors and not being able to fly my M2P on it I made the jump back to an iPad. Oh well it was good while it lasted. Anyone want a wunderphone for cheap?
Nope. I have 2 of them I don't use. Android stinks.

I might be interested in giving it a try. My fancy Samsung S9 and S7 crash constantly, and I'd like to use something Android since I use modified 4.1.3 or 4.1.22 DJI Go. How much were you thinking?

Regards,

Kevin

Just had 3 flawless flights with the 4.3 update on the Huawei Elate. No app crashes or glitches. I did have issues with 4.1.15 this morning, wouldn't let me take off for some strange reason. I will update as a fly more with 4.3 with the MP1.

I had one app crash last night on 4.3 while trying to stitch a sphere pano, normally do it after landing but started while still flying and app crashed. Rebooted on first battery and flew a second battery with no other issues. On an Elate as well.

I had one app crash last night on 4.3 while trying to stitch a sphere pano, normally do it after landing but started while still flying and app crashed. Rebooted on first battery and flew a second battery with no other issues. On an Elate as well.
Strange. I haven't tried any intelligent flight modes yet on 4.3 to see if I have had similar results to your app crashing. I may give those a shot to see today.

Had one since the very beginning of this thread, through the CIA warning, and now they are back at Walmart. Fantastic! Awesome! Not unlocked but I don’t need it unlocked. I use it with Litchi and DJI Go and no issues with either....

How is your Huawei working? Have you updated it? I found a cheap refurbished one online and would ship overseas so l grabbed it. I am wondering, can you connect to wi-fi to install DJI Go? Like you l only want it as monitor. Thanks!

How is your Huawei working? Have you updated it? I found a cheap refurbished one online and would ship overseas so l grabbed it. I am wondering, can you connect to wi-fi to install DJI Go? Like you l only want it as monitor. Thanks!
Not to hijack the person you quoted but yes you can use wifi to download DJI Go 4. I only use mine as a monitor as well.

Reactions: tiparoch
Not to hijack the person you quoted but yes you can use wifi to download DJI Go 4. I only use mine as a monitor as well.

Hijack away! So l dont need a SIM card? I can use as is ?. I m not in the U.S. so hoping l can use it. You like yours? Thanks alot!

Hijack away! So l dont need a SIM card? I can use as is ?. I m not in the U.S. so hoping l can use it. You like yours? Thanks alot!

Hijacking as well here. You do not need a SIM card at all. You can use WiFi to download Go 4 and store offline maps if you want to. You just want to make sure the location service is on. GPS works without WiFi or cell service. Works great as a monitor for Mavic.

Reactions: tiparoch and JamTek
No SIM card needed. I just got rid of all the apps that I won't be using. Yeah, I like it for the simple fact that I won't have to tie up my phone in case of an emergency.

Reactions: Bugg77 and tiparoch
Hijacking as well here. You do not need a SIM card at all. You can use WiFi to download Go 4 and store offline maps if you want to. You just want to make sure the location service is on. GPS works without WiFi or cell service. Works great as a monitor for Mavic.
x2!

Reactions: tiparoch

Great l really appreciate that. Have you updated Go 4 since Mavic Pro 2 has been released? Thanks again!

No SIM card needed. I just got rid of all the apps that I won't be using. Yeah, I like it for the simple fact that I won't have to tie up my phone in case of an emergency.

Thanks a bunch! Yeah for sure. I have been wanting a dedicated phone monitor for a long time. Finally found a cheapish one. Thanks again.

Hi there, I’m running on an old version of the software on both IPad mini and Mavic version from may-2017), still going strong.
If I buy this wonderfull phone, can I connect this phone with the latest Go4 to the Mavic with its old version?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid