DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4G Dongle Arrived

GEO fencing is mostly for airports. You know, where other aircraft operate? Are you saying every government facility is an airport? 🤡
GEO fencing is not limited to airports. GEO fencing is already employed over sensitive areas such as prisons, military bases, and power plants which have nothing to do with other aircraft. Any sensitive government facility is either already included, or can easily be included in GEO fencing.

The primary purpose of the 4G dongle is not unlimited range, because the battery is already the current range limiter for all but one-way suicide flights without a 4G dongle. The real purpose of the 4G dongle is to overcome signal blocking in urban areas, where even a temporarily obstructed LOS signal would otherwise initiate an RTH, which would interfere with the mission. In an LE or SAR mission, such RTH interference would severely limit usefulness. The 4G dongle would allow the mission to continue, along with full FPV from the camera throughout.
someone with common sense.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
someone with common sense.
Mavic 3 Waypoints are now a way to successfully fly behind signal obstructing buildings, with mission set to continue, in the event of signal loss. However, one still loses FPV and all control over the camera during the signal loss, which defeats most of its usefulness for SAR and LE use, as well as spontaneous video creation in heavily urban environments, although it is still better than nothing. 4G would truly be better.

Reactions: rgarjr
What sort of data does this system use. Just wondering at the sim plan i may require to operate this

I'm going to try making my own usa version of a dongle and cellular module. At least on the hardware side. I wonder if i'll still need DJIs network services-l500 (1).jpgs-l500 (2).jpg.

For the RC Pro, drone or both?
both. I purchased 2 usb c dongles at 12 dollars each and 2 cellular modules to insert into the dongles at 20 dollars each. I'll have to get sim cards. I'm curious to see what happens when I attach these usb c dongles with cellar modules and sim cards to the drone and rc pro

Hi. I got the Mavic 3T with the RC pro controller and a 4G dongle on each side. The next step is to connect to the drone on 4G by activating “enhanced transmission” in menu. But I can’t find it. Does anyone know where I can find this?

Definitely not.
It's doubtful it is currently working anywhere, outside of in China.
I’ve read in Australia too. Annoying because I can’t even fly above my house without connection issues. Thought I don’t even have occusync to be fair

I talked to DJI about it. Their communication server is shut down. So the dongle only works as communication unit for getting the controller on mobile network/internet.
Right now it’s not possible to use the DJI 4G dongle to communicate with the drone.

I talked to DJI about it. Their communication server is shut down. So the dongle only works as communication unit for getting the controller on mobile network/internet.
Right now it’s not possible to use the DJI 4G dongle to communicate with the drone.
Not possible even in China, or only impossible everywhere else?

I’ve read in Australia too. Annoying because I can’t even fly above my house without connection issues. Thought I don’t even have occusync to be fair
It worked for a brief period of time in both AU and NZ, but all current reports are that it is no longer working there either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64