DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

You just have to love the way DJI does things Thumbswayup
The Yin and Yang of every move they make is hilarious.

Things like:

7Km range but don't fly out of sight
The Goggles are for your friends but we show pilots flying with them and without spotters. But don't follow that advert, keep an eye on the drone,, How? Use third eye!
NFZ is tightening up,, but we have a firmware version that is still open.
Order today and we ship you a drone in 3 Days, but what about me I ordered a month ago. Yes but we have your money but new guy nu give money unless we give him drone now.

Rob
Don't forget the "NEVER HAND CATCH YOUR MAVIC" but they have an ad showing a girl hand catching it. .... LOL

Reactions: Robbyg
Boy I'm very tempted to try this new firmware out as the last was a total bust for me with constant signal loss. I was actually going to roll back to the 550. But I will give this a go. If it doesn't work I will roll back to the 550. Lets hope I don't loose the Mavic!

I use the 400 .no more update for me. Its good and no nfz problems so 400 forever

Reactions: trriley5
Upgraded to .700. Seems that it is the first firmware update where I didn't lose the settings (RTH altitude, color modes etc.) Still will check the all thoroughly before first flight. Compass error already displaying; performed also an IMU calibration just to be sure.

Updated to .700 earlier this afternoon. Here is what i experienced:

1. Update went smooth, took about 15 mins and done
2. Settings were not reset. Everything I had set in .600 was still set the same
3. Problems with gimbal initialisation are gone. It is straight and stays straight
4. It flies well and is very stable - even in the high winds I had today
5. Flew over 10km (three batteries) and all works good
6. Happy

Well just update and test with Samsung s7 and prefect....better than previous .600....my opinion...

Reactions: tmoerel
Updated to .700 earlier this afternoon. Here is what i experienced:
5. Flew over 10km (three batteries) and all works good

What was the furthest that you flew and how was the video signal?

Have you tried to see what happens if you start the Mavic indoors without a GPS signal? (Just take off the props) and let us know.

Rob

I applaud all you brave folks doing the update immediately and letting the rest of us know what happens. That's a level of selflessness I envy ;)

Reactions: Uglen and ArranEye
this is the only forum/gadget where people are UNHAPPY to have a new firmware.. the world if going crazy! sorry but I prefer little updates frequent than 1 big update every single year...

I applaud all you brave folks doing the update immediately and letting the rest of us know what happens. That's a level of selflessness I envy ;)
If I could I would even try beta versions :)

Pretty much all my computers and other devices seem to run pre release beta versions all the time. Software testers love living on the cutting edge :)

How is it useful? :p

It's informational only. You can entirely clear it and besides the zones not showing up in the app anymore (and thus not being able to unlock them) no behavior actually changes.

It's useful because I can open the Db on the next app version and see what they have added. I think your just looking at the KML file the guy uploaded which is very useful for knowing the list that firmware .0600 is using, but the KML data is just part of what is in the DB. And before you ask, I doubt DJI is going to change the password. They seem to like playing both sides of the table.

You do know that you can zoom into city level and see exactly how far the NFZ stretches from each point and use that data to know if your flight location is going to work.

I've extracted and looked at it too, also tried doing modifications etc.
Just don't see the point to bother, I look at the map in the places I fly at and I know all I need.

Upgraded in ten minutes or so (used 3% battery) will go fly shortly.

So are we saying the NFZ DB on the Mavic itself has not yet been identified, and this extraction is only done for the one on the GO 4 app?

Update failed repeatedly !! Tried update thru app switching between two devices (both Motorola) .. butt after repeated attempts ...success!! I roughly Wasted about 2-3hours ..after a night full of MP nightmares I had too call into work sick today!thanks DJI for a night full of unnecessary stress...and to top it off all my failed attempts ran thru atleast 80% completed...headed out for a test flight now,hopefully it's "successful"
I don't think you should be flying at all, dude. Also, look into anxiety meds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliassmith02