DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

Last time I updated was probably 6 weeks ago. Have had no problems with my Mavic at all. My version is 4.0.7 and the app database version shows this: 00.00.01.04. Does this mean the app version is just 1.04 or .400 ? I think the last time and only time that I updated was just the Mavic version to 4.0.7 ? I don't think the app database has been updated until I went to GO 4 app. If I updated the app to .700 I guess it will include all the in between app updates as well ? I have been so busy flying my Mavic and learning how to get better with my video footage, I just did not bother to do any app updates.

Went flying after the update this afternoon. Didn't go too far but all went well.

Boy I'm very tempted to try this new firmware out as the last was a total bust for me with constant signal loss. I was actually going to roll back to the 550. But I will give this a go. If it doesn't work I will roll back to the 550. Lets hope I don't loose the Mavic!
If you ask me, the entire 500 series firmware is the bust.

Has the Gimbal issue been fixed where it takes 8 to 10 seconds to level horizon 0600 firmware. I'm reverted back to 0400. Just checking to see if that issue has been fixed before I reconsidered upgrading. Waiting to hear why I shouldn't do the firmware update.

I assume Litchi and others are working OK with the changes made?

Reactions: Timbooo
So are we saying the NFZ DB on the Mavic itself has not yet been identified, and this extraction is only done for the one on the GO 4 app?

Yes but I am not sure that Kilrah idea that it has no bearing on the NFZ map in the Mavic is accurate. Looking at it I believe the Mavic itself has a Limited default behavior when it hits and NFZ, which makes sense since the memory space is limited.

The data in the app suggest that when connected the App possibly sends the Mavic much more specific information about how to handle the NFZ. I suspect that those early occurrences of Mavics behaving like they are bouncing off a wall and flying in the opposite direction was the result of the default code in the Mavic before the apps NFZ was perfected.

At the very least the App Db mirrors what is in the Mavic firmware so it certainly has lots of value for those wanting to know exactly where they can fly and how close they can get to that location. The Db contains exact distances which vary depending on the NFZ.

Rob

Last edited:
I am quite certain the entire NFZ DB is indeed stored in the Mavic. Afterall, it does have an internal SD Card. It stands to reason that since you can fly the Mavic without any app whatsoever, that all NFZ restrictions are stored internally on the Mavic. The App version of that DB allows the App to show the NFZ on the map, and to allow you to go thorough the Authorization process for some of the NFZs that allow it.

I'm pretty sure the aircraft has a full copy of the entire database, not just a subset. It runs a full Linux computer and has PLENTY of space and resources, just as much as the mobile device if not more. You can store several hundred MB of data in the internal memory and use it as network storage if you feel like it.

Has the Gimbal issue been fixed where it takes 8 to 10 seconds to level horizon 0600 firmware. I'm reverted back to 0400. Just checking to see if that issue has been fixed before I reconsidered upgrading. Waiting to hear why I shouldn't do the firmware update.

I assume Litchi and others are working OK with the changes made?

Why do you think this is a firmware issue. I'm guessing your firmware was the same as everybody elses, but I certainly never has issues like this.

Never had a problem with .500 or .550
Neither did I, at least major, but there were a lot more glitches in it, and most importantly the start up noise was broken. You hear the non-echo chime and 5 seconds later, it blasts it again. The first time that happened I was listening to the US sensor when it blasted that noise into my ear. I nearly dropped my drone.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Upgraded, been out and flew a battery. Range tested (just over a mile, in a suburban area which is generally as far as I ever need to go), no problems whatsoever. Just the same as .600 for me, but I never had problems with that either.

Reactions: tiparoch
Why do you think this is a firmware issue. I'm guessing your firmware was the same as everybody elses, but I certainly never has issues like this.

I have that as well with 600. Probably not firmware-related as it started to happen from one day to another.

I did also, as soon as I upgraded, and it went away when I downgraded.

Reactions: Spanishcop
Perhaps a newbie statement, but I was under the impression you had to update the FW in order to use the DJI go app? From the comments above, it sounds like I am mistaken?

Put your phone into airplane mode before connecting to the mavic. Without internet the app isn't aware of any newer version.

On .0600 The NFZ LIMIT was certainly an issue and freaked a lot of people out, including myself, until I understood it better. For those flying indoors (which I don't) it was a show stopper. For me, it was not being able to boot and test (props off) indoors, and having to wait for the error to go away once GPS was strongly established. I always wondered what happened in a loss GPS situation, when it went to ATTI under the new NFZ LIMIT scenario. Since I had an, as yet unexplained forced landing, just prior to launching out over the Gulf, you can see how I was gun shy.

Anyway I hope they tweaked that and the gimbal correction issue discussed above.

Did an extended flight of 30 minutes, 74,000 ft, and 1640ft altitude gain up the foothills. One potential issue for range testers, the auto land feature kicks in at 16% instead of 11% in older firmware. The issue with auto land sequence is that the horizontal speed is limited to 28mph and you have to fight the auto land with elevator stick. Hard to be efficient when you have nearly 1.5 miles to go like I had and have to fight auto land and low speed limit. I made it fine with around 11% at landing as I had a large external battery attached, but something to think about when testing the limits. Often I'm flying in sport mode on the return leg to leverage tail wind. Huge difference between 28mph and 40mph when there's a tail wind to help you get home on low battery.

Edit: It could be that auto land initiates earlier if you're at high altitude like I was when flying up the side of the foothills. Never thought of that until now.

nope, this sucks. i updated to 0700 and the nfz limit problem (like in #76) is back after it was resolved for me in 0600.

so finally, im the next one back on 0400...

nope, this sucks. i updated to 0700 and the nfz limit problem (like in #76) is back after it was resolved for me in 0600.

so finally, im the next one back on 0400...
Better grab .0400 fast before they strip it! Only works until you have to unlock a NFZ though, then they require you to upgrade.

Installed the .700 today, surprisingly, it didn't even reset my settings. Did a balcony launch, sending it about 1km away, to the point it has started to lose signal (thats nornal, its a noisy 2.4ghz environment). The .700 didn't improve anything, signal wise, but didn't make anything worse either. Didn't do any extensive, real, flights, though.

Reactions: tiparoch
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart