DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A feature what would be my savior

Jani

Reactions
I have enjoyed a lot of flying the MA2, but there is one feature what would make my life much easier...

MA2 is small drone, so it's easy to carry in backpack ready to fly while mountain biking. I hand launch the drone, frame the shot, put drone in tracking mode and hit the GO button. Remote controller goes inside the backpack with the sticks off and I'm ready to descend. Going downhill, I can hear how well drone is following me by the sound of the propellers behind me and I'm sure that I have the perfect shot of drone catching me downhill biking a technical mountain bike trail. I land the drone to my hand and notice that I forgot to start recording ?

This has happened to me so many times, that I seriously think that there should be a option of auto recording when the drone is setup to follow a subject. When I'm taking a landscape videos or such, there is no problem of forgetting to record. But when you set the tracking of a subject, there is too many clicks that it's too easy to forget to push the record button.

Ah, these are my virtual tears from Norway mountain biking trip, where I had a lot of problems with recording. Anyway I managed to get few shots of drone following me descending, but 50 % of the shots I forgot to record. Has anybody else made the same mistake over and over again?

I have enjoyed a lot of flying the MA2, but there is one feature what would make my life much easier...

MA2 is small drone, so it's easy to carry in backpack ready to fly while mountain biking. I hand launch the drone, frame the shot, put drone in tracking mode and hit the GO button. Remote controller goes inside the backpack with the sticks off and I'm ready to descend. Going downhill, I can hear how well drone is following me by the sound of the propellers behind me and I'm sure that I have the perfect shot of drone catching me downhill biking a technical mountain bike trail. I land the drone to my hand and notice that I forgot to start recording ?

This has happened to me so many times, that I seriously think that there should be a option of auto recording when the drone is setup to follow a subject. When I'm taking a landscape videos or such, there is no problem of forgetting to record. But when you set the tracking of a subject, there is too many clicks that it's too easy to forget to push the record button.

Ah, these are my virtual tears from Norway mountain biking trip, where I had a lot of problems with recording. Anyway I managed to get few shots of drone following me descending, but 50 % of the shots I forgot to record. Has anybody else made the same mistake over and over again?

Once DJI releases the SDK for the MA2, and if it is compatible with Waypoints, you should be able to purchase Litchi. Litchi is an amazing Waypoint program which has it's own Control App. It has Auto-record as an option.

First time I hear about Litchi. Sounds promising. Have you @Effects tested Litchi with DJI? How well it performs in general?

@GadgetGuy I hope it would be also a self-healing problem, and my lost footage will appear back to SD card ?

Reactions: Hauptmann
@GadgetGuy I hope it would be also a self-healing problem, and my lost footage will appear back to SD card ?
Patient to doctor: My head hurts.
Doctor: Anything different than normal?
Patient: Well, I have been hitting my head a lot lately.
Doctor: Stop hitting your head, and the pain will go away. ;)

Just add "start video recording" to your preflight checklist.
If necessary, put a reminder of "Start video" on top of the RC or onto your tablet frame, where you can't miss it. Start the video as soon as you are connected, instead of waiting until you launch, and then forgetting to do so in all the excitement. Better to have excess to trim off, than none at all! Lastly, keep checking for active recording during flight. The recording button changes color and shape when it is actively recording. Learn how to distinguish the two modes of on and off. Also, during recording, you will hear a bing every time a new video file is created on the aircraft microSD card.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hauptmann and Jani
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78