DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Sad Goodbye from Me

Those of you that know me will be aware that I’ve been losing my eye sight. At only 46, it’s a crappy situation to be in. Unfortunately, I’ve now got to the point where I can no longer drive, and no longer fly a drone safely. So, I’m sadly selling my equipment and leaving the hobby. I’ve been struggling to read without aid now too, so I won’t be visiting the forum much and as I’m going to miss flying it will be painful to come here and read about you all having fun.

This forum has been a fantastic place, and is full of excellent people.I wish you all a right, happy and healthy future. Stay safe! :)

Shaun
Hello Shaun. I don’t think we’ve chatted before but why don’t you ask if one of your friends or family would like to to take you out and fly your drone for you, describing what they see on the screen, the sunlight, the colours, the clouds, the reflections off the water, the buildings, the trees, the fall colours, the greens, farm and street activities and to read some of the forum to you? These are all things that interest you now and you will visualize them, even if you cannot see them clearly, or at all. My cousin has lost his vision, at an older age, but we reminisce over music concerts that we went to, together, because the images remain, along with the sounds. And the noise of that DJI start up routine and those rotors at RTH should bring a smile to your face! There is no reason why you should not continue to contribute to this forum and to others, if you can have the assistance from someone caring alongside. A lot of people find drone flying therapeutic, a bit like standing in a cold river for hours, fishing! If you don’t make it back here, good luck in the future, with your health. But if you do find a way to continue your interest, best wishes there, also. If you were my neighbour, I would invite you out for a “fly past”! Cheers - David, in NZ ?? ????????

Those of you that know me will be aware that I’ve been losing my eye sight. At only 46, it’s a crappy situation to be in. Unfortunately, I’ve now got to the point where I can no longer drive, and no longer fly a drone safely. So, I’m sadly selling my equipment and leaving the hobby. I’ve been struggling to read without aid now too, so I won’t be visiting the forum much and as I’m going to miss flying it will be painful to come here and read about you all having fun.

This forum has been a fantastic place, and is full of excellent people.I wish you all a right, happy and healthy future. Stay safe! :)

Shaun
Prayers sent your way!

Shaun

Im so sorry. ugh.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Adding my thanks for your camaraderie here on Mavic Pilots. It’s of course just a small thing in the big picture for you but your participation and advice has been a big lift (some pun intended) for all the pilots on the forum.
Wishing you peace and strength as you move on and hope you find many unexpected adventures ahead that fill your senses, mind and soul

fair winds

Shaun
Wishing you the best - thoughts and prayers are with you.

Prayers started Shaun, and will continue.

Thank you for sharing the loss of your vision with us, we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

I lost complete vision in one eye several years ago, an accident severed the optic nerve. Luckily, still have the eye but it’s completely blind. The other eye, Although vision is not that great at least can still maneuver on my own and fly a drone. I know in time, that will change.

I always tell my friends and family, Cherish every moment of your vision. I know you probably do the same, with your family and Friends.

Fellow friends, with future flights cherish each flight. Cherish the beautiful terrain, beautiful colors, the wildlife that enter your screen cherish these moments.

God bless Shaun, We are here to support you.

Shaun
I'm very sorry you have to experience this. God speed to you, and may you find another avocation that will provide you much happiness and fulfillment, sir.

Shaun
So sorry to hear your news. Best of luck in the future.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky