DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Accidently Pointed my high intesity Spot Lights at A Sheriff's vehicle while night flying. I flew straight home after that. Oops.

Can you make one including the Imalent lights mounts just like the one at the picture?

I found this one but does not have the mounts for the Imalent.

I have only lost one 50 dollar light in the last 5 years. I saw it fall off into the merky swamp below. It was waterproof, so I flew my drone over the area where it fell. I couldn't see it. Must have fallen into the muddy muck.
Not knocking your setup by any means. Did you try to get it out with a magnet? If its waterproof it probably still works! My olights seem to be submersible. BTW is that hot glue?

Last edited:
Can you make one including the Imalent lights mounts just like the one at the picture?

I found this one but does not have the mounts for the Imalent.
Thats are M3 triple mount . I will post the Imalent mount tonight in store. I just designed and made them yesterday after I read Testme's post and bought my two lights real nice product very bright.
Thanks

Ok its listed "IMALENT LD70 adaptor for DJI Mavic Triple Mounts or any GP Style Mount - NEW" 15% discount to forum members

Last edited:
Not knocking your setup by any means. Did you try to get it out with a magnet? If its waterproof it probably still works! My olights seem to be submersible. BTW is that hot glue?
Most flashlights are aluminum today and magnets won't work on them.

I like to keep away magnets from the drone. They can interfere with the instruments.

Reactions: KD2SSP
The light fell too deep into the swamp area. Even if I tried hanging a magnet from the drone and lifted that way, well, I till couldn't see where it landed under the mud.

And yes that's hot glue. I like using hot glue because its not permanent and can be peeled off of plastics or metals or glass etc. If I am putting velcro on a round light, I have to put hot melt glue on the edges to keep it stuck and to level the velcro. I have to be careful taking the lights off the velcro on the drone because the hot melt glue on the flashlight tries to peel off.

Reactions: KD2SSP and zeusfl
Thats are M3 triple mount . I will post the Imalent mount tonight in store. I just designed and made them yesterday after I read Testme's post and bought my two lights real nice product very bright.
Thanks
Ok its listed "IMALENT LD70 adaptor for DJI Mavic Triple Mounts or any GP Style Mount - NEW" 15% discount to forum members

@Don Testme I just order 2 of the LD70 to test. They are so small and lightweight.
Here is my Mavic 3 with 1 Imalent LD70 velcroed to the left side and 1 velcroed to the right side of my mavic 3. 2 Total. It;s just as bright as my 3 LD70 flight. VIDEO LINK BELOW.

I flew through a neighborhood and to that construction site. The light just lit up the whole street and neighbors houses. It was 4am, so they were asleep. Probably didn't notice the bright UFO flying down the street. Average height was 70-80 ft.

They are so lite you could easily put 2 on an Air 2 and mabe even a Mini.

Reactions: Walleye Hunter
That is exactly what I want. That is bright sufficient to see gators LOL. Great job with the gimbal corrections !!!
Also, surveillance is priceless.

Reactions: Don Testme
That is exactly what I want. That is bright sufficient to see gators LOL. Great job with the gimbal corrections !!!
Also, surveillance is priceless.
Just so you all know why the Imalent LD70 does not get hot when attached to the drone. Because I attach my lights under the prop wash, the props keep them warm to the touch, but not hot. They do get hot and can't be picked up when they are just sitting in your house or are stationary with no wind keeping them cool.

I never left one on without them attached to a drone and under the propellars, until today. But at least they don't get hot when flying stuck to the sides of your drone.

NOTE: Even if the lights got hot, the velcro acts like a temperature barrier between the light and the drone. I can hold the hot light without any issue when I rest the velcro side on my hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walleye Hunter
While flying my M3 at night, I saw a truck just sitting in an odd place. I pointed my spot lights at it, noticed it had a number on it's roof, so , me being curious, I wanted to know if it was a cop or work truck or a citizen patrol truck, or whatever. Turned out , I was shining my Lights on a Sheriff. OOPS !

Here is the video. Sheriff shows up near the end of the video as I leave the scene and head home.

That's pretty funny ! Love the fenix lights , have a few of them

I just found a way to Keep my High Poered EDC Lights at their highest levels without the regulator kicking in and dimming them.. In this case I'm talking about any mini light with 3000 to 4000 lumens that gets so hot you can't touch it. I used the LD70 Imalent 4000 lumen light to test. These lights ligherally are smally than the palm of your hand.

Anyway. I noticed my props on the drone were keeping them moderately cool. Usually enough to keep them from dimming and still being able to touch them after landing.

So What did I do? I attached a mini powerful R/C cooling fan to the side of the LD70 with some hot melt glue. The fan keeps the lights so cool, it doesn't even feel like I turned it on. the fan doesn't weigh anything. and the battery for it was very small, 2 pin, and very light weight also.

I just found a way to Keep my High Poered EDC Lights at their highest levels without the regulator kicking in and dimming them.. In this case I'm talking about any mini light with 3000 to 4000 lumens that gets so hot you can't touch it. I used the LD70 Imalent 4000 lumen light to test. These lights ligherally are smally than the palm of your hand.

Anyway. I noticed my props on the drone were keeping them moderately cool. Usually enough to keep them from dimming and still being able to touch them after landing.

So What did I do? I attached a mini powerful R/C cooling fan to the side of the LD70 with some hot melt glue. The fan keeps the lights so cool, it doesn't even feel like I turned it on. the fan doesn't weigh anything. and the battery for it was very small, 2 pin, and very light weight also.
Don,
I was planning on cross drill the light body with many holes all around to allow the air to circulate all inside the light. but may not be necessary. This will destroy probably the waterproofing from the light but will help with the heat dissipation with the blast of the drone propellers especially if we modify the light with Vinh's driverboard which will prevent the step-down from happening to allow all the heat built up until is impossible to handle.

Today finally my Imalent lights arrived. I installed, tested and love it. Then I wait to nights to test. For my surprise I am getting at nights a continue error of "calibration error". I removed the light and the error go away. Recalibrate. Flew fine without the lights. Put it back and the same message. Moved in all positions even on the top of the drone and same thing. I change the lights for another brand of flashing lights I have Firefly E07 that is bigger and installed on top of the drone and no problem. The firefly is too large comparing with the Imalent and flew flat without angle.

I am wondering what is causing the calibration error at nights only.

IMG_031586.JPG

IMG_031583.JPG

IMG_031577.JPG

@sar104 @Meta4 @slup Can you explain me whey is this happening at nights only if is a magnetic field interference? Does not make sense for me.

I do not have the video at nights but here is working fine during the day.

@sar104 @Meta4 @slup Can you explain me whey is this happening at nights only if is a magnetic field interference? Does not make sense for me.
If you've added equipment that has either steel parts or magnetic fields which could deflect the compass, you should recalibrate the compass with the equipment turned on, so that any extra magnetic effects can be compensated for.

If you've added equipment that has either steel parts or magnetic fields which could deflect the compass, you should recalibrate the compass with the equipment turned on, so that any extra magnetic effects can be compensated for.
I tried to calibrate but fail, The interesting think is when is dark only. I will make the video.

While flying my M3 at night, I saw a truck just sitting in an odd place. I pointed my spot lights at it, noticed it had a number on it's roof, so , me being curious, I wanted to know if it was a cop or work truck or a citizen patrol truck, or whatever. Turned out , I was shining my Lights on a Sheriff. OOPS !

Here is the video. Sheriff shows up near the end of the video as I leave the scene and head home.

I am reminded of that scene from Close Encounters of the Third Kind. good luck.

• Haha
Reactions: Don Testme

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne