DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adapter for the Phantom Charger Brick for MPP Controller?

CamCorp

Reactions
Hey all,

I have been enjoying flying my new MPP, I have been using the 100W Phantom 4 Power Brick with the Mavic Advanced Charging hub to charge my batteries. It has two outputs, the 1 for the hub and 1 for I assume to Phantom 4 Controller, a round plug like that of a laptop. I was wondering if there is any adapter I could get to turn it into a USB port so I could charge the Mavic controller of the same brick, so I don’t need to lug around another USB charger. Anyone know?

Thanks,

CC

Not Sure if anyone is interested in this but here is what I have found. I am not an electrician though so there is no warranty with this info, just what I have discovered. Also I’m sure charging this way would void the warranty if DJI knew.

PhantomOutput.gif MavicOutput.gif
Adapter – Easy

Lots of converters for a 5.5x2.1mm Female Barrel to USB, and they are generally pretty cheap and small which sounded great. DC 5.5x2.1mm Female Barrel Jack to Micro-USB B Male Connector Adapter - LED Strip Connectors - LED Strips

Amps – Easy

Judging from the AC Power Adapter supplied with the Mavic (was unable to confirm this info anywhere else, even calling DJI) the Amps output is 2.0A

The Pictures above are from the Phantom 4 Charger (White) and the Mavic Charger (Black). Output 1 on the Phantom 4 is the barrel Jack and the Amps output is 0-2A so we are good there.

Voltage – Harder

Again, from the Mavic Power brick we are looking for 5.0v where as the Phantom 4 Charger puts out 17.5V. Was able to use a DC step down module to get it to run at 5.0V, and Ran a USB tester and confirmed I was getting the right power.

But at this point what I needed to bring was larger and more awkward than a USB power plug…. So I gave up.

Plus, according to DJI tech support charging the remote with anything other than the Mavic Charger’s USB plugs is against the Warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78