DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice for a novice

chenoutoften

Reactions
Hi
Just got a Mini 4 Pro. About to go on vacation to Europe. Mainly Brussels and Mallorca.
Any tips on must have setup? I currently only have 1 battery, one controller and one drone. I have a camera backpack.

P.S First post

Thanks

Reactions: Cafguy and 4006448
...About to go on vacation to Europe.
Any tips on must have setup?
As you seems new into this with drone flying... & that you doesn't mention anything about that you know the European regulations.

This is the most critical in your setup if you're gone fly in Europe...

In Europe there are certain registrations & licenses you need to have to fly legally... which you can't escape just because you're a tourist or have done the proper drill in Australia.

-If you're the responsible for the UAV flight you need to be registered as a drone operator.

-Depending on drone weight (or C-class) you might need to pass a web test & receive your UAV pilot license.

-Follow the air space regulations where you fly.

All EU countries are mostly governed by the same regulator, the EASA... what can differ between countries are where they are in the implementation plan. The registrations & licenses are also valid in all EU countries & the application can be made in any of them.

...besides the above I recommend at least one more battery.

Welcome!
Read post #2 for sure and I would maybe get anouther battery or two and a charger BUT it sounds like after following the advice from slup you should be good to go! oh get a landing pad for the Drone and a lanyard for your controller they will save you money

welcome to the forum
lots of good advice from other members

Most important thing is to be sure you have a Home Point registered before you go out and fly so if anything does happen to cause a loss of signal it will actually fly home and not try to land over the lake where it was when it did finally register a home point. Be sure to plan your flight so you can land with 10% (you pick the number) of battery left. At some point the drone will force a landing if the battery gets too low. I think it's around 7% but I could be corrected. Explore Cruise Control early on for smooth video but don't lose sight of the fact you are using it and get in a bind. Obstacle Avoidance is useful but no foolproof.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersister300