DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aftermarket prop woes

Seems that a portion of the crowd are real fans of this product and that is fine by me. Based on the all the above information, I’m going to pass on the product. I’m not finding anything that definitively proves that it’s an upgrade.
My apologies to those that were disturbed.
To each his own Sir ... If you ever - for example - need to make your drone quieter to film some wildlife, you now know you have an alternative ...

Reactions: Gazmg and Rnl
I just got a set of carbon fiber Owoda propellers. They look great and the front set fits well. The rear just barely clip the body of the drone. No bueno in my book.

I really want split the set....carbon fiber in front, standard in back.

Since the carbon fiber are the new quieter design. I am going to wait for my oem quiet design props come in, so the styles will be similar for test.

The other option would be to take a dremel to the props and shorten them. Seems like weight and balance ideas could make this a bad idea. Then again mixing prop materials is probably not the best idea.

The old standard props will have to suffice for awhile...
I lost a set of nice oem new design props to a story that starts....I put it in sport mode and....
@Trinidadster ... Before changing to Master Airscrew, I ran a set of carbon-fibre prop's on my Mavic Pro Platinum, that were the same design / pitch etc. as the DJI 8331 'quiet' prop's that it sounds like you are describing? Since these were the same as 8331 prop's, I didn't have to make any mod's to the prop's - as they fit the standard airframe.
If you are having to make changes to the prop's to use them, then I'm wondering what drone you have??? You have posted in the Forum section for 'Mavic 1 Series (Pro & Platinum)'. Is that actually the drone you have?

Reactions: Gazmg
If anyone has a link to some true research data that verifies all the claims that are “advertised” for these airSCREW props, please provide.
Until then, I will be a non believer.
(and a non-contributor to their advertising ploy)

Believe or don’t, but all the good reviews these things are getting are more than just an “advertisement ploy”. Don’t knock it till you try it...that’s hater ****. They make a good product. I don’t have any links or scientific data, but it’s a fact that the DJI low noise props caused gimbal oscillations and the MA props do not. That’s all the hard data I needed.

Reactions: Gazmg
Believe or don’t, but all the good reviews these things are getting are more than just an “advertisement ploy”. Don’t knock it till you try it...that’s hater ****. They make a good product. I don’t have any links or scientific data, but it’s a fact that the DJI low noise props caused gimbal oscillations and the MA props do not. That’s all the hard data I needed.
There may be some questionable 3rd party propellers out there, but Master Airscrew is unlikely to be making them. I've been using their props for over 20 years now and they make a very solid, high quality product. This is their business. They don't make a bunch of random things.

Reactions: Gazmg and FoxhallGH
I’m looking to buy a new set of blades for my MP...
Are the original 8330 the ones to get? Or do most people switch to the newer 8331 low-noise ones?

Are the original 8330 the ones to get? Or do most people switch to the newer 8331 low-noise ones?
It really does depend on what you want to get from your 'alternate' prop's ... General feedback shows that the stock DJI 8330 prop's are best on the Mavic pro for retaining top speeds! However, if you want a quieter drone, and a couple of minutes more flight-time, then you can go to 8331's or - as you've seen above, the Master Airscrew 'Stealth' prop's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raj24v and Gazmg
Probably best that I don’t answer this.
But I would like to see the results of your decision.

I bought a used Mavic Pro - received it with both 8330 and 8331 props as well as a set of MAS. I can honestly not detect any difference in performance between the various props. I notice the revs are lower on the 8331s than on the 8330s, and the MAS is definitely quiter than the 8331s with the revs about the same.

I bought a used Mavic Pro - received it with both 8330 and 8331 props as well as a set of MAS. I can honestly not detect any difference in performance between the various props. I notice the revs are lower on the 8331s than on the 8330s, and the MAS is definitely quiter than the 8331s with the revs about the same.

That’s interesting, I have a good old Mavic Pro, my first UAV, and probably 6 months ago fitted a set of Platinum props (8331’s).
Blew me away how much quieter they are, and no vibration as some have mentioned, it flies and films very smoothly.
I recently picked up another set of 8331 props for spares, but still have my Fly More extra std 8330 props as back up.

The whole setup is so much quieter than my Spark, or BIL’s MA.
As much as I’d like the extra camera / features of the M2P, I’m very much still enjoying the MP for now.

Reactions: Thomas B and Raj24v
I think as they’re quite inexpensive I’ll just get a fresh set of both.
I’ll see how I get on then.

A friend asked me to do a "survey" of the thatch roof of his holiday home yesterday. Him being an objective (but very interested) observer I asked if he would tell me which of the props were the quietest. He also said the "orange" ones were definitely the quietest.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Thought I’d share. Not all think alike.View attachment 67624
There's a lot of people who talk about 'loudness' comparisons between the DJi prop's and the Master Airscrew's. I've seen tests that show there is a couple of dB difference (in favour of the MA's), but I think it's actually not the 'volume' that's so different, but it's the 'frequency' of the sound. Due to the lower rpm when running the MA's, the 'pitch' of the sound is lower. I recall somebody on this forum saying it was like the difference between a swarm of bees, and flock of birds ... Same sound level perhaps, but the birds just don't sound so intrusive ...

Reactions: Gazmg and Antonf
If anyone has a link to some true research data that verifies all the claims that are “advertised” for these airSCREW props, please provide.
Until then, I will be a non believer.
(and a non-contributor to their advertising ploy)
Actually i provided hard data that supports the MAS claims, see my thread on testing props.

Reactions: Gazmg and MaviCam
Reactions: Theo111103
Can you give us a link to that thread @Theo111103 - I'd like to see what you did ...

I’ve looked at the graph(a very well done piece of work that not many would be able to do) and I see a ton of information on rpm. I thought the discussion was addressing the claim being made of low noise and improved flight time. There are many here that believe those claims to be true and that there are reviews to substantiate that possibility. I’m not trying to rock the boat that carries a ton of passengers, and maybe my gray matter is missing something, but I’m not seeing an answer in what is presented in that work. If someone can point out what I’ve missed, please do. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones