DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s fell out of the sky on 5th flight

Yes, battery design is potential failure with mavic air. Not sure about the new ones. I noticed that a edge pin on battery got bent. I think it happened when plugging it into the charger. Almost had a crash. Guess what battery I was using? Video was pretty scary. Really got lucky.
Never had an issue with battery connectivity in my MA2, it gives a nice solid click every time I install one, I don't see a problem here myself. However if you manage to bend a terminal somehow using the charger, all bets are off..

Reactions: ninja_geezer
DJI and I are parting ways because I do not respect them anymore they do not care about the little customers they only want industrial customers. Over and over I’ve had strange failures of sensors not working correctly gimble problems things that were problems when they came out of the box and they refused to repair. Even recently with my air to as I purchased the refresh plan and they refused to honor that to repair the drone because I originally bought an air to S then exchanged it for a new one at Best Buy and they’re telling me the refresh policy it doesn’t transfer automatically you have to email them and let them know they need to transfer it. How does that make any sense. I have one drown an air to *** and a policy that covers it. When I switch it out with a new one with a new serial number I assume I think rightfully, that the policy attaches to the new drone. They say nonsense. They refuse any help to me. Furthermore , All responses from them are either an hour of them being run automatically or just a format where blanks are filled in because I have received the same message with different names and information filled in over and over. The biggest thing is that they told me to give them the nurse new serial number and they would “take it from there” Well, no one ever took it from there. They dropped the ball and my new drum was uncovered with the policy I purchased for it. They never “took it from there” you would think now they would apologize and tell me they’re sorry and offer To repair or replace it under the refresh policy, but no they tell me it’s not covered and they do not honor the policy I paid for. Mini other examples but I’m just sick of it I’m going somewhere else if there is anything else I’m gonna try ALLTEL maybe but I don’t know I’m done with them DJI this is a bunch of crooks there

DJI and I are parting ways because I do not respect them anymore they do not care about the little customers they only want industrial customers. Over and over I’ve had strange failures of sensors not working correctly gimble problems things that were problems when they came out of the box and they refused to repair. Even recently with my air to as I purchased the refresh plan and they refused to honor that to repair the drone because I originally bought an air to S then exchanged it for a new one at Best Buy and they’re telling me the refresh policy it doesn’t transfer automatically you have to email them and let them know they need to transfer it. How does that make any sense. I have one drown an air to *** and a policy that covers it. When I switch it out with a new one with a new serial number I assume I think rightfully, that the policy attaches to the new drone. They say nonsense. They refuse any help to me. Furthermore , All responses from them are either an hour of them being run automatically or just a format where blanks are filled in because I have received the same message with different names and information filled in over and over. The biggest thing is that they told me to give them the nurse new serial number and they would “take it from there” Well, no one ever took it from there. They dropped the ball and my new drum was uncovered with the policy I purchased for it. They never “took it from there” you would think now they would apologize and tell me they’re sorry and offer To repair or replace it under the refresh policy, but no they tell me it’s not covered and they do not honor the policy I paid for. Mini other examples but I’m just sick of it I’m going somewhere else if there is anything else I’m gonna try ALLTEL maybe but I don’t know I’m done with them DJI this is a bunch of crooks there

Many of us feel your pain dealing with DJI .
There Transfer policy is nonsense and dealing with them is like dealing with children .

If i could give them a lollipop before the call or email i would / lol

We always purchase 2 or 3 drones at a time from Amazon or Best buy or Micro Center and keep the best and send the back the unfit.

There is no fixing , out of the box needs to be perfect. # 1

Transferring refresh is difficult as it requires an on line chat : We always make copies of that , this is always a good time to thank them for talking with us and how we can confirm.

DJI email take a full day for someone to get back to me for every message i have sent.

Everyone one I once knew at DJI is gone. The turn over rate is high.

When I purchased the Alltel Evo 2 Pro i thought i was in for Paradise but it was the exact opposite , i had to replace both units i got the same day ..

I waited a month after the updates and bought again, this time I updated the drone and bricked, it Support took weeks to be told there working on firmware update or I can go backwards .

My advice : DJI is not perfect , but no one is , once you learn how to work the DJI system you will find it gets easier and there is nothing better out there, just learn how to take advantage of the tools made available such as the Return policy.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

Reactions: Eaglesky77
There Transfer policy is nonsense and dealing with them is like dealing with children .

We always purchase 2 or 3 drones at a time from Amazon or Best buy or Micro Center and keep the best and send the back the unfit.

Transferring refresh is difficult as it requires an on line chat : We always make copies of that , this is always a good time to thank them for talking with us and how we can confirm.

DJI email take a full day for someone to get back to me for every message i have sent.

When I purchased the Alltel Evo 2 Pro i thought i was in for Paradise but it was the exact opposite , i had to replace both units i got the same day ..

I waited a month after the updates and bought again, this time I updated the drone and bricked, it Support took weeks to be told there working on firmware update or I can go backwards .

My advice : DJI is not perfect , but no one is , once you learn how to work the DJI system you will find it gets easier and there is nothing better out there, just learn how to take advantage of the tools made available such as the Return policy.

Phantomrain.org

Phantomrain.org
Yes I wish I had spoken to you before. I do appreciate that though that’s very good to know what you told me especially with AUtel. I am at a used though that you get a response from support at care refresh within one day or 24 hours. Like truly amazed. My first request I sent for inquiry received an immediate standard reply of we’re busy blah blah blah you’ll hear from somebody then about 45 days later I got an email saying you would need to follow the link below to link your aircraft to the refresh plan since it’s been activated more than 48 hours. Clearly they do not communicate or understand how to communicate and I wonder sometimes if they even speak English or perhaps are they are robots.It’s truly ridiculous because they cannot grasp simple concepts that I describe to them. They just can’t wrap their mind around things even if I spell it out for drawl diagrams they wouldn’t be able to. Anyhow I wrote back saying yes was not an issue of not having the refresh plan. The problem is I bought the drug for Best Buy exchange it for another and the policy was never transferred to the new drone. After a week of no response, I submitted a new inquiry with that question. After several days I got a response basically blowing me off once again. Finally I started typing urgent in the subject line and sent 2 emails per day to them. Finally After being blown off by two people I got a woman name Ariel who was a bit helpful although still can’t help my problem. It is ridiculous to think that I purchased a care refresh policy for A drone which I can show proof by receipt that I did return and exchange for a new one and no transfer was made to the new one. They did say “will take it from there quirk. Well they didn’t take anything from there because it wasn’t done. I pointed that out to them and they just ignored it and told me to go about making the video to post to YouTube because the drones been active 48 hours or more the problem is there is damage to the arms. It’s purely cosmetic, but the arm on the right side is crack in the back one is dislodged at the hinge. I’m needing their coverage and I paid for it and I can’t get it I can’t get it covered. I’m beyond angry and frustrated. But at least you give me some pointers if I decide to stay with them I might just quit flying drones altogether except I love making videos and photography and want to soon be using that as a side business.
Thanks again, also I’ve got look at your products I just noticed you sell. I would very much be interested in the wetsuit/impact jacket or the air to S. That’s so consuming that I ever get this one fixed. And any other products you might have I’d love to see them, how can I look do you have a website were a page that shows this?

thanks,
Willl

Glad to hear you might stick with it.
Check out the DJI Time Line thread, its a good read .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2/S in the Rain.

that is weird, the you made a IMU/Compass calibration on your first flight?
Wait did you say Best Buy exchanged it!? I was flying my air to ask just a few days ago it was on auto return home and the forward and upward sensors did not recognize the large shrub as it was nearing ground level but instead flew straight into the shrub. Not a branch or twig but I shrub solid and round green. You can’t miss it. It flew straight into the net and fell to the ground about 2 feet and broken both arms. Best Buy will take that return? I didn’t know that but if they will I need to know so I can do it right away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart