DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Will not maintain connection with RC Pro.

I haven't heard anything negative from people that have purchased from B&H. Should that matter?
I wondered the same thing. Drone Nerds told me it was a common problem. Makes a fella think DJI might've sent 2 different batches in separate directions. ??

You may give a try to switching the communications to manual, select a particular band and pick a channel that is relatively quiet at the of takeoff. Then fly out and see if it maintains that connection.

It looks like the M3 folks have even more issues with the SC Pro connection. I am not sure exactly what the "+" stands for in Ocusync 3+ but that is presumably the main difference between using the Pro with the A2s vs the M3. It may well be that the "+" stands for the extra band or whatever. If that is so, it simply may exacerbate the band switching issues between controller and aircraft. There has to be either some type of interactive handoff to synchronize (would require connection of course) or some arbitrary "independent rotate frequencies and bands and try selecting quiet bands (carefully since quiescence would be different for controller and aircraft at distance)" executed on both sides and stop when the connection is re-established. Maybe there is some "master/slave" aspect to this too. I remember a couple of years ago with the M2P and the DJI Goggles where the M2P required to maintain 2 independent connections with different communication issues. That was a real mess until they finally fixed it. Most likely by coordinating with a master (aircraft possibly). Until DJI fixed that problem I simply forced one band with manual selection. That worked pretty well.
Thank You for that suggestion. I decided to try that before boxing it up for return.
Manually set 5.8 ghz transmission, connection worked flawlessly (at least indoors). As soon as I turn it back to Dual band or Manually choose 2.4 ghz, it goes back into the same old problem of losing connection.

I have the same drone and same issue. I got the fly more combo from B&H. I think I’m going to send back for repair or replacement.

Reactions: WyomingCB
Yeah hoping DJI can fix. Has anyone that has had this problem had success after sending back for fixing?

I would think if this is a software or firmware type of problem then it would be wide spread. I’ve found some mention of it on other sites but not a whole lot. Make me lean towards a hardware issue, just something not quite right. Whatever it is I hope they fix it up because I was excited to fly this thing and now I have to wait. There are times when I can get the RC pro and drone to work great, but other times they just disconnect and my drone is left stranded. I’ve have it rth and I’ve also had it just go straight down and land where it was disconnected. So it’s to much of a worry for me to go fly it right now.

Maybe they are not using 1st level parts due to lack of production and are using inferior parts and they are not Q1 - blame it on COVID?

That’s the way the world is today, blame everything on covid. I will update after I send it back. Have to wait till Monday then I’m sure will be 2-3 weeks before it get I back. :/

Don’t know but I’m hoping they just give me a new working controller and drone. I mean for the money it should working without issue right out of box. Will update after I send back.

I just finished installing the most recent updates to my components. Everything seemed to install correctly.
Air 2S = 2.04.2130
DJI Fly = 1.5.8
RC Pro = 3.01.0500

None of these fixed my particular problems of random and frequent Aircraft not connected to RC
It simply will not stay connected very long if transmission is set to Dual or Manual 2.4 Ghz....even if I power down my home wifi router. Manually setting 5.8 Ghz seems to be the only way it will stay connected.
Sending it back today.

I just finished installing the most recent updates to my components. Everything seemed to install correctly.
Air 2S = 2.04.2130
DJI Fly = 1.5.8
RC Pro = 3.01.0500

None of these fixed my particular problems of random and frequent Aircraft not connected to RC
It simply will not stay connected very long if transmission is set to Dual or Manual 2.4 Ghz....even if I power down my home wifi router. Manually setting 5.8 Ghz seems to be the only way it will stay connected.
Sending it back today.
Please keep us unformed. Thank you and good luck.

This is very strange. Or you have a wifi heavy interference or the RC is damaged

Air 2S = 2.04.2130
DJI Fly = 1.5.8
RC Pro = 3.01.0500

Sending it back today.
I have same problem as you. Sent mine back yesterday. They should receive tomorrow. Hoping for a replacement.

Hope the replacement works as it should. Sending it back under store warranty or DJI refresh? What's the store return policy?

Hope the replacement works as it should. Sending it back under store warranty or DJI refresh? What's the store return policy?
Unfortunately B&H where I bought it from only returns up to 30 days and I’m at like 35 days. I’m sending back under my refresh, I have the 2 year plan. I went online to DJI repair and made a case. I typed a letter explaining the problem and sent with it. So hoping for just a free replacement or fix.

Unfortunately B&H where I bought it from only returns up to 30 days and I’m at like 35 days. I’m sending back under my refresh, I have the 2 year plan. I went online to DJI repair and made a case. I typed a letter explaining the problem and sent with it. So hoping for just a free replacement or fix.
Thanks for letting me know. The only way to make it right would be to do a replacement w/out counting against you as one claim.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman