DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Release date Wed. June 28?

Can you expand more on your comments? I was thinking about the Avata but is that really more for just racing? I want something for photos and video.
Avata,just for racing and flying around,mini 3 or 3 pro if it is a first camera drone for you.Then there is the Air2s,
which will be replaced shortly by the Air 3.Then any of the Mavic series for top level.

Can you expand more on your comments? I was thinking about the Avata but is that really more for just racing? I want something for photos and video.
Honestly the Avata is not really that fast but it sure feels like very fast when you are close to the ground or you are going in and around and thru obstacles. I wouldn't use an Avata to race with but I would use it to become familiar with FPV flying and while you won't get the best cinematic videos and the camera is not all that great, you can mount a GoPro to it and it better than FPV from the Mavic/Mini drone. You'll get great videos that are a bit different, like either one of these two or somewhere in between:

I hear you and all I can say is you win some you lose some. Hopefully more winning! These days you really have to keep your ear to the ground to stay ahead in this game. The launch cycles are getting smaller and smaller and the tech is getting better more rapidly. If this were $50 items, no problem; but if you are going to spend $$$ you really have to make sure. Forums like this one help out alot because information is not widely available and you can bounce off ideas. I like to keep up on YT as well. You bought the Classic because you thought it fits your needs. If that's still the case, there's no reason why you can't keep it and keep using it to fill your need regardless whatever else is new; however, if all you want is the latest and greatest...there's a price for that. If the tech is moving too fast, maybe it's time to skip cycles or wait for the big reset. I bought the Mavic 3 Pro and if black Friday there is a Mavic 4 Pro, I'm not going to sweat it. But I took the risk and I think Mavic 3 Pro is a champ for years to come.

As for DJI, perhaps the Air 3 was all set to launch and then covid hit. I dunno, just a guess, parts, chips, issues/bugs. Maybe it was ready to go before the Classic and big delays. All of a sudden it doesn't make sense to launch it as a refresh to Air 2S and while we are at it, can we take advantage of the new controllers, the new code, oh and we got these new cameras and a bunch of new battery designs. I honestly think the Classic team works on one floor and the Air team works on another floor and they never talk to each other and they do their thing and the overall strategy is loosely tied but not dependent meaning there isn't a conductor "orchestrating" all the launches and doing some sort of master coordination....to what end? I say this because I don't see a huge benefit to doing that unless there is something material involved like O4 or RID. Drone sell on features, price, channel availability, the economy, promotions, and time of year is what you should manage to....not if you come before or after a different model or how well it will be receive (which is a factor but to a lesser degree). I'm sure someone thought launching a Mavic 3 Pro in the middle of a recession was a bad, bad idea but this is where the tech takes us I guess. The Mavic 3 made them pivot which is why they appeared to have erased it (but not the classic).

BTW, we don't know for sure what's in the Air 3, what if there are no waypoints for example?
It's not that I want the latest and greatest but I needed a dual camera system with a similar quality on both lenses , which was not exactly the case on the regular Mavic 3.

I'm following very actively the forum but at the time I bought the Classic, we didn't know that a Mavic 3 Pro and an Air 3 would come out. We even thought that DJI would skip the Air 3 because it would have overshadowed the Classic. And now the Mavic 3 Pro and I guess the Air 3 too have addressed the image quality on the telephoto lens.

That's for me the most important selling point. Well over Waypoints that I have never used for example.

Yes I know about the larger camera sensor in the classic and the fact that A 1 inch sensor is so very close
in quality for daylight photos,but you have it right on the bigger sensor for low light conditions.HOWEVER
The call for money you mentioned,well lets see they are a company,and what are companies in business for?
Making money right.And yes getting back to technology,of course it will probably be close to the specs of the
the Mavic 3 classic,it is expected to be.Technology is improving by leaps and bounds and it will be used in the Air 3.
In the end if not satisfied sell your classic and buy the mavic 3 pro and be done with it.Yikes done here
It's business yes but it's a double edged sword as more and more people will start to think twice before investing so much money in a DJI drone that will be supplanted by a new iteration of the same drone 6 months later.

I will sell it if ever someone still wants the Classic cause but I'm not going to sell it for peanuts either.

It's business yes but it's a double edged sword as more and more people will start to think twice before investing so much money in a DJI drone that will be supplanted by a new iteration of the same drone 6 months later.

I will sell it if ever someone still wants the Classic cause but I'm not going to sell it for peanuts either.
Thinking twice before investing in a drone is a personal decision that a person is willing to take.
No one knows what DJI is going to do 6 months from now,maybe they will upgrade a new model
that was just released and maybe they will not.No one is twisting a buyers arm to make an expensive
purchase,and if they do, that individual should certainly be aware that they may have an update on the
drone he or she is thinking of buying a half year from now.As far as more and more people thinking twice
about investing in a new drone when an update could happen down the road NO WAY NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.
Many drone pilots will always want to stay on top of the cutting edge technology that is being offered.So just sit back
stop complaining about things you have no control over and enjoy the new product releases.

Many drone pilots will always want to stay on top of the cutting edge technology that is being offered.
Not everyone is able to buy each new drone to stay on the top of technology but if buyers themselves are asking for a reduced time between models then maybe that DJI should consider releasing a new drone every 3 months or so 😆

Reactions: maggior
Not everyone is able to buy each new drone to stay on the top of technology but if buyers themselves are asking for a reduced time between models then maybe that DJI should consider releasing a new drone every 3 months or so 😆
I said many drone pilots ,not everyone,kinda realize that not everyone can afford or do not wish to spend the money
on a new release.You may want to go back and read what I had said last time and let it digest

its a shame this thread has become a place for people to argue about the pros and cons ,of whether or not they are going to purchase the supposed new AIR 3 drone
it does not matter what individual members opinions about its release are, each one of us will have differing opinions ,regarding the AIR 3 ,but lets wait till the drone actually gets released ,and then we can discuss the pros and cons ,of its usefulness

its a shame this thread has become a place for people to argue about the pros and cons ,of whether or not they are going to purchase the supposed new AIR 3 drone
it does not matter what individual members opinions about its release are, each one of us will have differing opinions ,regarding the AIR 3 ,but lets wait till the drone actually gets released ,and then we can discuss the pros and cons ,of its usefulness
You mean this thread and every other thread lately,moving on I now wonder when the release date
will now be.I heard early July but that is it.

Yeah, I'm still looking for details. Really don't care who's gonna get one and why.

That conversation should be in the non-existent thread, Do You Plan To Get An Air 3?

Reactions: old man mavic
So today is the 28th, where is all the release info? Did I miss it?
Like everything else, it's not going to happen when the rumors say its going to happen.
I will take an educated guess and say its after the dji sale ending on the 30th. So sometime in July

Like everything else, it's not going to happen when the rumors say its going to happen.
I will take an educated guess and say its after the dji sale ending on the 30th. So sometime in July
Plus the people who are in the media groups or journalist, if they hadn't gotten a heads up about anything from DJI within a couple week of the supposed leaked release... it's not happening.

Hmm, there's gonna be two models – one with a single camera, and another with dual cameras…?? The dual cameras look really chunky, which might be a promising indicator for also the telephoto lense having a decent-sized sensor 🤞
just the model with the two cameras,the air 3 will be released.

If the rumored prices I've seen are confirmed, then there will be a huge price differential between the Air 3 and the Mavic series for a difference in performance that will certainly be marginal

So today is the 28th, where is all the release info? Did I miss it?
That was an educated guess based upon stuff floating on the internet.

Now that DJI has a sale, including the Air2S until the 30th, it doesn't make sense that they would steal sales from the Air 2S by making an announcement/release until AFTER the sale.

BTW, to those worried about upgrading, with drones it's no different than cameras.
I have two digital Nikons, a D800E and a D850. Both take excellent photos. Still.
Would I like to upgrade? Yes.
Does it make sense to spend a few thousand dollars for an incremental upgrade? Not for me.
The same goes for drones.
The latest and greatest may or may not be worth it to you.
Digital technology hasn't gotten to the point where you can drive a car for ten years and it still you where you are going.
Drone technology is still in the leap frog stage.

That was an educated guess based upon stuff floating on the internet.

Now that DJI has a sale, including the Air2S until the 30th, it doesn't make sense that they would steal sales from the Air 2S by making an announcement/release until AFTER the sale.

BTW, to those worried about upgrading, with drones it's no different than cameras.
I have two digital Nikons, a D800E and a D850. Both take excellent photos. Still.
Would I like to upgrade? Yes.
Does it make sense to spend a few thousand dollars for an incremental upgrade? Not for me.
The same goes for drones.
The latest and greatest may or may not be worth it to you.
Digital technology hasn't gotten to the point where you can drive a car for ten years and it still you where you are going.
Drone technology is still in the leap frog stage.
Only worrisome thing with DJI is that because almost every model currently is required to be tied to an account, DJI could just simply drop support for older models after x number of years where you can't even get them to launch of the app won't even let you open it. Like what if their server went down or got blocked, drone would be unable to fly after a certain amount of time when the app forces you to try to login again.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique