DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft defective how to transfer DJI Refresh

ohio64thffemt

Reactions
I have not had my mavic for a week, I bought it from Amazon so I have a 30 day return policy on it. I have from day one been getting an IMU error on it. When you look at the aircraft status information in the IMU it says gyroscope Error. I have calibrated it 30 times nothing is changing this. It is a constant error.
I have flown it and it is decent but does have a noticeable drift. I have already put a skin on it so I am gonna be screwed out of that money. I also placed DJI refresh on the aircraft. If I send this back to the seller on amazon under my 30 day return policy how and what can I do with my already paid for DJI refresh policy? I bought the policy because you have to so soon but this aircraft is faulty from something that is out of my control. Can I transfer this?

If I send this back to the seller on amazon under my 30 day return policy how and what can I do with my already paid for DJI refresh policy?
You will have to buy another DJI Care Refresh policy if Amazon replaces your Mavic. If you send it to DJI to fix instead, then they will transfer your existing DJI Care Refresh policy to your new Mavic (if it needs to be replaced).

So if I send it to Dji to fix I run the risk of having to use one of my replacement aircraft and paying 79.00 for a replacement when I got a defective product to start? If I send it back to the seller I lose the 99.00 care plan? That's ridiculous.

No if you send it to DJI and it is defective DJI will replace it or fix it free of charge.

You ONLY need to use your Care Refresh if you crash it or damage it yourself .... manufacturing defects are covered by your warranty.

So if I send it to Dji to fix I run the risk of having to use one of my replacement aircraft and paying 79.00 for a replacement when I got a defective product to start?
Contact DJI Support and see what they say. Assuming this is a warranty issue, it's not something that would require DJI Care Refresh to be fixed.

Yeah I am going to contact them. Been trying but the different time zones 3 hours difference are gonna make me have to wait. Thank you for your help guys. It has no been crashed and had this error from the start. I was hoping it was something I could fix with software. Obviously not the case with a gyroscope error.

People have previously reported successful DJI care transfers in similar cases, but it's indeed automated only if the service request goes through DJI, if you use your vendor's facilities you have to contact DJI.

Send it in for a WARRANTY repair. They automatically transfer Refresh to the new aircraft. It even reflects automatically on the Refresh website.

Another point to note is that when you get your new aircraft back, and pair it with your existing remote, and turn the DJI GO app on, it will think that the aircraft doesn't have Refresh on it, and will prompt you to buy one. Just ignore that message and continue as usual.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+