DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airdata flight details incorrect

gb160

Reactions
Hi
Today I flew 4 different flights, they've uploaded to airdata but the details are wrong and the distances dont match what I actually flew, and they dont match the records in the DJI Fly app.

Anyone ever experienced this, or know how to fix it?

Cheers

Yes, I typically have the same problem.

What I now do, is I actually download the log files off the phone onto my PC, delete the said flights from Airdata, and manually upload the files from my PC into Airdata.

Going the sync route is hit or miss, and I've given up on that.

Reactions: gb160
Yes, I typically have the same problem.

What I now do, is I actually download the log files off the phone onto my PC, delete the said flights from Airdata, and manually upload the files from my PC into Airdata.

Going the sync route is hit or miss, and I've given up on that.
Good shout, I'll give that a try, thanks.

Ive used airdata for quite a few months now and its been spot on for me up until today.

Good shout, I'll give that a try, thanks.

Ive used airdata for quite a few months now and its been spot on for me up until today.

Yup...... mine used to work just fine, until a couple months back. Then I would find that like only half of a flight would sync.

Doing it manually just ensures I'm getting the full data uploaded.

Cheers!

Reactions: gb160
Not working for me either on the Air 2.

I upload using the Airdata website directly from my phone though and it works fine. Don't need to transfer to the PC first

Reactions: StubbornSwiss
2 questions for those that are having problems. First, is this one type of aircraft or different types? Secondly If you are missing part of the data, does that show up in the map in your reports?

2 questions for those that are having problems. First, is this one type of aircraft or different types? Secondly If you are missing part of the data, does that show up in the map in your reports?

Don't know about the type of drone for sure. On May 2, my Air (1) worked fine. On May 9, one of my two Air 2 flights worked fine, the other didn't. Since then, none of the Air 2 flights have worked. Haven't gone back to the Air 1 yet, but I'm guessing it will work.

The entire flight is truncated. The map, the total distance, the time, etc... Like the flight ended shortly after take off.

Don't know about the type of drone for sure. On May 2, my Air (1) worked fine. On May 9, one of my two Air 2 flights worked fine, the other didn't. Since then, none of the Air 2 flights have worked. Haven't gone back to the Air 1 yet, but I'm guessing it will work.

The entire flight is truncated. The map, the total distance, the time, etc... Like the flight ended shortly after take off.
Thank you. So I guess if you look over your data, it would be obvious if there were a problem.

The problem, from what I understand, is that when the Auto-Sync option is enabled in the DJI Fly app the data gets synced to the DJI cloud servers before it's complete so if you then sync Airdata to the DJI cloud the logs will also be incomplete.

So the answer is to disable auto-sync before your flight (and re-enable after your flight for syncing) or just copy the flight data directly from your phone to Airdata until DJI fixes the issue with the DJI Fly app.

On iOS this is easy enough by going into the Files app and AirDropping the files to your computer or emailing them to yourself:

Files app --> Browse --> On My iPhone --> DJI Fly folder --> FlightRecords folder

Also see this thread in the Mini forum as it uses the DJI Fly app as well:

Disconnect auto sync in Fly App before each flight under settings in App. Then enable auto sync after flight and it will sync to Airsata as flown. Kind of a pain, but it works. I have to do this when using iPhone but don’t have to do it when using iPad Mini. Go figure.

Where is the flight data stored on my phone or Ipad?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman