DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AirMap is back

LOL are you sure you want to support a company that wants to destroy your hobby?
I will let @BigAl07 or @Vic Moss explain why they might not be your best option.
My friend, I have been around this business for a few years now and I am very aware everything with air map and their pass. No need to inlight me.

So Sayonara 🤘

Last edited:
My friend, I have been around this business for a few years now and I am very aware everything with air map and their pass. No need to light me.

So Sayonara 🤘
Well my friend I have also been around this business for many years. In no way did my post try to light you up as you say. If you have a problem with my post then bring it up to the admin for review.
Have a great day my friend.

Last edited:
Guys continue and you will be arguing by e-mail. I will not
delete anymore post. I hope you understand that both of you 🤨

Good to see you to dirk. How's the family? Everyone safe?
Thank you yes and hope all members are. But please stay on topic 👍

Reactions: Droniac
Just got that email, anyone used it yet?
I was able to successfully get authorization to fly tomorrow morning at up to 400’ in a local 400’ grid square as a Pt. 107 pilot. I guess Airmap is back!

No comment from me on what’s been written about Airmap’s grand plans. I find Airmap very easy to understand and use - good interface design. I’d established an account with Aloft in the meantime, but hadn’t needed to use it. I found Aloft a little harder to understand.

Looking at the auth text, there are quite a few flight rules included in the text, rules that weren’t in auth texts in July ‘21 when I last used LAANC. I think that’s coming from my local airport facility, not Airmap. Must inspect, must give way, must monitor registered phone #, must not fly in Class E if ceiling is below 1000’ AGL, must observe restricted airspace and TFRs, etc. All these regs were always to be observed, but seeing them in the authorization text is new to me.

***EDIT***
Well that was odd. I was unable to cancel the planned flight using the Airmap app on iOS. I uninstalled, deleted data, restarted, and reinstalled - still no joy. I was able to log in at airmap.com and cancel the flight. FYI; the app may need an update for the functionality it used to have to manage flights.

Last edited:
Reactions: baristabob
AirMap is a good product owned and run by a company that is literally trying to take the sky away from drone owners.

There are plenty of other companies who provide LAANC approval, Skyward, Aloft, UASidekick, etc.. There is ZERO reason for anyone to use that company. They are a cancer on this industry.

I have using airmap all summer for all my jobs here in Indiana. And I have during anywhere from 1 to 5 jobs a week this year. Lots of work around Indianapolis airports, including the big international one, and several of the small ones.

I have using airmap all summer for all my jobs here in Indiana.
You haven't for the last few weeks. They had been removed from the FAA's LAANC provider list.

The ( Mod Removed Inappropriate Language)with AirMap. Should have been permenantly removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
AirMap is a good product owned and run by a company that is literally trying to take the sky away from drone owners.

There are plenty of other companies who provide LAANC approval, Skyward, Aloft, UASidekick, etc.. There is ZERO reason for anyone to use that company. They are a cancer on this industry.
Please elaborate. I for one am glad to have them back as their interface is more intuitive than the other ones out there, at least for me.

Please elaborate. I for one am glad to have them back as their interface is more intuitive than the other ones out there, at least for me.
There is plenty on the webs about their underhanded dealings. But basically they have lobbied Congress in the past to give states the first 200' of the airspace for them to control. That would then give states a revenue stream where they could charge drone operators to fly and/or launch.

AirMap already has a system in place for that, and started working with the state of Kansas on a state run UTM (Unmanned Traffic Management) system. If Congress gives this power to the states, AirMap is poised to make a ton of money off the backs of drone owners across the country.

I have no problem with companies making money (obviously, since I own a couple), but don't spit on my head and tell me its raining. And that's exactly what AirMap does. On one hand they act like they support the industry, and then on the other they actively attempt to take that industry away from us.

And take a look at how they handled their removal from the LAANC system by the FAA. They didn't even bother to let their customers know. What kind of company shuts off their product and doesn't let their customers know? Also, their co-founders are vehemently anti-drone. One ran a company that would charge people to declare their home or business a no fly zone. It went out of business. Another worked on the ULC's tort reform committee that would have made uniform laws that forbid drones from flying over private property without permission. Many of us in the industry sat in on those meetings and told the truth about how this would kill the industry. It failed too.

AirMap sucks (the company, not the product), and if a drone owner supports the industry, they shouldn't use it.

They're data mining as well. They use the data from logged flights to continue their programs of airspace restrictions. If there are a large amount of flights in a certain area, they can go to that municipality and show them how much revenue they could be collecting if Congress gave them the power to charge for NAS access.

As I said earlier, AirMap is a cancer on this industry and no one should ever file LAANC with them. if they do, they're just feeding the dragon that could destroy their own industry.

Last edited:
You haven't for the last few weeks. They had been removed from the FAA's LAANC provider list.
I been putting something in the app, also I have been filling out a request online at Indianapolis international Airport. For the airport authorities. I talked to someone there weeks ago because I was a job at the end of the runway for one of Amazon buildings

I have been using the airmap all summer.

Reactions: RayKelly
Indianapolis Airport has an additional requirements for flying in any of the Indianapolis air space here in Indiana. A uas operator should fill out the form on their web prior to flying in any of their air. So that way an email get sent to airport authorities that a drone operator is operating in the airspace this is in additional to the lanaac

Reactions: Droniac
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_