DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airmap vs Hover Vs B4UFly Vs DJI Go App

Reactions
I'm a newbie if you haven't noticed., So which is the one to go with? Airmap shows more 'do not fly zones' and orange circles than others basically makes me feel like I should return my drone It includes every single airport in the area (large to tiny.
Hover gives me the most hope.
B4UFly is not user-friendly (IMO).
DJI Go App gives me the most hope nothing shown except the big airports and national parks, which is perefct to me!
Also, it seems like there differences in the range around airports. I'm in the Puget Sound (Seattle/Tacoma) area.

If there is someone from the Seattle/Tacoma (Puget Sound) area please chime in with any thoughts or hints or experiences, I'm all ears (eyes). Should I just return it and say I can't use this awesome thing because of all the regulations?

Airmap shows you a lot, because there probably are a lot. You have to notify every airport and heliport within 5 miles if you are flying for recreation, regardless of what any app shows. I've found Airmap to be the most accurate and complete. B4UFly is (or was) complete garbage.

Airmap shows you a lot, because there probably are a lot. You have to notify every airport and heliport within 5 miles if you are flying for recreation, regardless of what any app shows. I've found Airmap to be the most accurate and complete. B4UFly is (or was) complete garbage.
DJI go app and hover shows the only big airports, is it wrong? not me the small and heliport
UAV show me the 3 small airports and 6 heliports!! Should I call all of these?

DJI go app and hover shows the only big airports, is it wrong? not me the small and heliport
UAV show me the 3 small airports and 6 heliports!! Should I call all of these?

You have to call all airports and heliports within 5 miles regardless if they are in an app or not. Airmap has the most complete information in my experience, but again keep in mind that these are apps, not legal advice.

Reactions: architect.aliqais
You have to call all airports and heliports within 5 miles regardless if they are in an app or not. Airmap has the most complete information in my experience, but again keep in mind that these are apps, not legal advice.
So any suggestion to fly near my area my zip code is 98042

Covington or Kent? Not a lot of places to fly legally. Best bets are easy to Tiger Mtn area, or south to Puyallup, Fife, or Federal Way. I have flown some in Covington heading to Maple Valley but just low in neighborhoods as it’s too close to Crest Airpark.

Supposed to say east, not easy. There are places you can fly near the Cedar River in Renton, I fly around the Green in Auburn. There are a lot of small planes the Kent/Covington area that fly pretty low.

Covington or Kent? Not a lot of places to fly legally. Best bets are easy to Tiger Mtn area, or south to Puyallup, Fife, or Federal Way. I have flown some in Covington heading to Maple Valley but just low in neighborhoods as it’s too close to Crest Airpark.
The air map is full of orange circles! But I will double check these locations. Thankyou

Supposed to say east, not easy. There are places you can fly near the Cedar River in Renton, I fly around the Green in Auburn. There are a lot of small planes the Kent/Covington area that fly pretty low.
Yes, its crazy sky in this area, too many small airplanes.

Did you mean edit the radius of the app warning from 5 miles to less?

LOL.....no....not at all...I was responding to pjarvo18 because he made a separate post to correct a spelling error that he could have just hit the edit button to fix instead.

LOL.....no....not at all...I was responding to pjarvo18 because he made a separate post to correct a spelling error that he could have just hit the edit button to fix instead.

I didn’t even realize there was an edit button. Autocorrect loves to mess things up. Good to know I can go back and fix it.

Reactions: Drone_guy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada