DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alientech, Titan, Nanosync, 4HAWKs. Which for 2019?

Which of the Following Antennae would you rate the Wisest Solution. Please Elaborate :)

• Total voters
Thanks m8
Appreciate you sharing your collection there
I went with the Alientech Pro as you probably read.

Post a review if you do get one setup.
I'd be interested to see how it performs against the res

Reactions: Aumoe
Thanks m8
Appreciate you sharing your collection there
I went with the Alientech Pro as you probably read.

Post a review if you do get one setup.
I'd be interested to see how it performs against the res
I did read that after I posted lol . So how good is it ? And Would you buy it again ? Thanks bro oh here is a pic of a run I did this with maxx extreme
Screenshot_20190420-064446_YouTube.jpg

Reactions: Jamie Preston
Just tried my titan switch system boosted with the 5dbi whips. I'm getting pretty mediocre results - I can barely tell the difference between the stock controller and the boosted with the 5dbis. I also bought additional 9dbi whips, yet the 9dbis are too big for me to realistically take many places (going to NZ). I'm seriously hoping I can return the set up and have the controller returned back to its default state. The modded controllers without the whips attached no longer fit in the fly more bag. Needless to say super disappointed with the performance.

Who modded the controller?

You seem to be the exception MBP. The internet says nothing but great things about the Titan stuff.

Reactions: Jeffm912
I have to agree. Any amplified setup will far surpass a non amped stock controller in any situation, unless you're trying to save money!
There is either an issue with the amp, wiring, or connectors.

Jeff

I'll take your word for it. I'm going to try again tomorrow on different channels. For now it's not giving me any better range and signal performance than the stock Mavic 2 controller.

I'll take your word for it. I'm going to try again tomorrow on different channels. For now it's not giving me any better range and signal performance than the stock Mavic 2 controller.

Mavic 2 is dual band. The Titan switch is designed for 2.4ghz.

Obviously you chose the 2.4 setting in GO?

Reactions: Jeffm912
The slight rattling is normally the 9dbi whips due to the length/cable inside.
I would contact James at Titan and explain your performance issue.

Reactions: MavicFT1P
Just tried my titan switch system boosted with the 5dbi whips. I'm getting pretty mediocre results - I can barely tell the difference between the stock controller and the boosted with the 5dbis. I also bought additional 9dbi whips, yet the 9dbis are too big for me to realistically take many places (going to NZ). I'm seriously hoping I can return the set up and have the controller returned back to its default state. The modded controllers without the whips attached no longer fit in the fly more bag. Needless to say super disappointed with the performance.
earlier in this thread, i also mentioned i had mediocre results with the giant titan antennas. $6 Alfa ARS-NT5B (2.4ghz and 5.8ghz dual band) work better... and actually on my mavic 2 pro, i just tried them un-amped and they work almost as good as the stock antenna on 5.8ghz. I was pleasantly surprised range was approx 5% short of the original dji controller antennas through interference.
you're not alone.

i've got the alientech as well as a titan switch.
the alientech is the clear winner out of the two of them on performance, but the portability is also a huge bonus. on top of that, you can just carry around an extra set of 18650 batteries as opposed to worrying about recharging the unit itself.
the titan switch with the whip antennas they sell performed worse than the stock controller with FCC 1.5w boost mod (as in no hardware mods).
the titan switch with the panel was also disappointing. HOWEVER, it works GREAT with the new Video Aerial Systems 2.4ghz Crosshair Xtreme "patch killer" as the signal really penetrates with a nice wide beam.
even then... at longer ranges the alientech will go even further, albeit with a super narrow beam that is a little challenging to keep centered on the aircraft. the fix for that is using the compass/radar on the dji go app, but with my phones the remote control hall effect sticks interfere with my phone's compass always.

one design issue:
the weight of alientech unit is entirely supported by the QMA quick release and after putting about 500 miles of flight on it, i'm noticing some wear which was causing the left side to loosen up a little. i ended up replacing it with a cable off my mavic air's alientech pro 5.8G.
alientech sells replacements and a pair of these sell for $20 + $10 shipping. it is a just a male qma to male qma with one side being threaded that you could get elsewhere, but alientech's price seems to be the lowest i've been able to find for this connector.

So you did.
I agree, the "AnTI-BrEaK" system (per the manual description) on the AT PRO cuts both ways.

I disconnect/connect it now, if being transported, as the left side disconnected from the controller once.

Granted the combo had kind of been shoved/schlacked around in a backpack.
But yeh i find myself looking down at the left connector all the time now (especially when at a distance).

The beam is narrow depending I find. If you flying at 120m 4km away, theres not much real estate for that signal to Arch out.

The 18650's are awesome. I ordered some replacements on eBay expecting a higher drain, but even after 30-40 mins flying, I have 4 bars if they were full.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters