DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alientech, Titan, Nanosync, 4HAWKs. Which for 2019?

Which of the Following Antennae would you rate the Wisest Solution. Please Elaborate :)

• Total voters
The titan and alien come with boosted antennas already built in as well
If it was me I'd go with titan.
There are only a couple of blokes here that have tested a range of systems and could give a unbiased opinion. I have voted the titan system, but only because that’s the system I have and love it. But can’t really rank it against the others as I haven’t used them.
I use the titan tactical system

TIA
How's it, my bru
Have you got an extra smoke boet?
Listen here, my friend
You tell him to send in the dakadak
We stick it to dem Gummint huh

Titan cyclone switch and Titan controller those 2 are my choice check this guy video he was using the titan cyclone see how far his mavic going

That video is fake. Start on an android device, next you have the ios power meter. Someone should do a better job of editing. 20% battery at 3.7V, too many errors to even consider it plausable. Nice try though!

Jeff

Video looks fine to me.
That video is fake. Start on an android device, next you have the ios power meter. Someone should do a better job of editing. 20% battery at 3.7V, too many errors to even consider it plausable. Nice try though!

Jeff

Reactions: Aumoe

Jeff
I didn't know it fake video I Want to know how far is titan cyclone range

Video looks fine to me.

When have you ever started out on an android device (map on the left) then past midway you switch to an apple device with the power meter on the left instead? I'm curious because I fly with both and both have different screen orientations. Android has never had a power meter for me yet he claims to fly on a nvidia tablet. My ipad does though. Watch it switch half way through. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I see. Attention to detail.

Jeff

Reactions: Texas Mavic
These are easy enough to fake. Why someone would bother I dont know

I didn't know Mavic 2 had battery mods yet.

That was one of the reasons for me to enjoy still having my
trusty Mavic Pro

When have you ever started out on an android device (map on the left) then past midway you switch to an apple device with the power meter on the left instead? I'm curious because I fly with both and both have different screen orientations. Android has never had a power meter for me yet he claims to fly on a nvidia tablet. My ipad does though. Watch it switch half way through. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I see. Attention to detail.

Jeff
I2, android, power meter on left.Screenshot_20190413-011018_Gallery.jpeg

Nvidia Shield Layout GO 4.06

20190413_232209.jpg

*not taking sides re the video, just contributing to my thread :)

Lolo told me how to do it. I'm going to give it a try here shortly. Learning something new everyday. I'll be glad to get rid of the map view.

Jeff

Reactions: Aumoe
D: None of the above. The stock antennas are ~2 or 3db. The radiation pattern is an evenly distributed "bubble" but still puts the pilot in a relatively strong field of EM. Directional high gain antenna systems focus an intense beam forward in an enlongated oval and also a small but equally intense area behind it. The passive dual band coil antenna mod works awesome as advertised but I noticed headaches that I hadn't had or hadn't noticed before. Do any of the aftermarket antennas adress the back lobe of the radiation pattern? Its not difficult to redirect RF energy at those frequencies but does require a small physical plate to shape more of the radiated energy forward. An amplified ? looks and performs well but at what point is health more important than the range of a toy drone? The cheap reflectors that work with the stock antennas are probably the best choice because they somewhat shield the operator and somewhat focus the signal forward.

If you're worried about rf causing health concerns the computer and cellphone are out the window, as well as living anywhere in the world. RF is everywhere naturally. Those parabolic reflectors are proven not to work for range. Most wanting more range have to modify their existing controller to have a noticeable gain. You are never shielded from radio frequencies.

Jeff

Last edited:
Totally agree, it won’t matter much. However, the DJI manual covers rf dangers I believe.

Reactions: Jeffm912
Headaches lol

Sorry to break it to you Vanta, but According to WebMD you have Influenza, every type of Cancer. You have AIDS, some Malaria. U have *typing* er, you have TB...Polio? I thought we got rid of that, and...oops, You have Gonorrhea
which you may or may not have got for Free'a

Reactions: Jeffm912
Not prolonging a thread, just have most of the right people here to chime in.

So I was flying with 1.5W boost last night, Stock single Batt M1P and had an issue.
Which could have been either the below.

Anyone have an opinion? It's the second time ive had issue with boost, first time
with it at the AC. Controller was Fine.

D: None of the above. The stock antennas are ~2 or 3db. The radiation pattern is an evenly distributed "bubble" but still puts the pilot in a relatively strong field of EM. Directional high gain antenna systems focus an intense beam forward in an enlongated oval and also a small but equally intense area behind it. The passive dual band coil antenna mod works awesome as advertised but I noticed headaches that I hadn't had or hadn't noticed before. Do any of the aftermarket antennas adress the back lobe of the radiation pattern? Its not difficult to redirect RF energy at those frequencies but does require a small physical plate to shape more of the radiated energy forward. An amplified ? looks and performs well but at what point is health more important than the range of a toy drone? The cheap reflectors that work with the stock antennas are probably the best choice because they somewhat shield the operator and somewhat focus the signal forward.
Aluminum shielding should protect your pituitary gland from the increased rf. To maximize effectiveness, it is best to conform it to the shape of the top of the skull.

It's not the Pitutary Gland you need to be worried about
It's the Pineal..

Reactions: radman
Hi
I'm having my Mavic Pro controller modded to accept a Nanosync.
It has scored high marks with a lot of Members (Perhaps for it's form factor).
I've just been told they are on Backorder.

I'm told the modded controller will allow me access to all or most of these systems

So for those in the know. Which of these Antenna Brand/Systems would you rate the highest for

- Performance
- Value for Money
- Quality, Reliability
- Future alterations, boosting

Signal is paramount, But Value for Money is big aswell
I've had the titan switch, maxxuav evolite extreme with 4hawks XR , maxxuav with the boosted coils, all was 2.4ghz used them with mavic pro, mavic PP, and mavic 2. For distance the maxxuav evolite extreme is the best. The maxxuav coils is 2nd and the lightest 1 of all. My top pick for normal flying. Switch was ok the whips boosted worked best for me , the small directional panel was disappointing . Have not tried nanosync or alientech yet . Believe I'm going to try alientech next . But as long as it's boosted you will be see a big improvement just My 2 cents. good luck bro
20181114_111615.jpg

Reactions: MavicFT1P
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett