DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alternatives to DJI Goggles?

easyheimer

Reactions
Hello there. I’m looking to see if there are decent, cheaper alternatives to the DJI Goggles for viewing during flights. There are some DJI drone kits on eBay that come with these goggles:

Does anyone have any experience with these or another pair that I can use that won’t break the bank?

Thank you very much in advance!

If you want to go for cheap, then any of the vr type googles that use your mobile phone, work well with litchi

IMO there are no good goggle solutions on the market.

the DJIs are heavy, not well balanced and hot.
I tried a set of Fatsharks running off a CS HDMI output and they're just not worth the most-of-$1500 cost, along with all of the other problems the CS tablets have.
Moverios are a flawed solution because you have to use the Android device.

I've given up for the moment until something much, much better comes along.

This inexpensive headset and Litchi would give you a taste. You will have to download Google cardboard for the needed software.Utopia.jpg

Im running a set of cheap VR-goggles for smartphones and a phone with a high res display (S10+, or S7) and Litchi. This works very very well for the price. Sure the latency is pretty high, but as a Mavic Pro is hardly a racing drone I'm not finding this to be an issue. Resolution is more than decent and since I started using this setup I have not made a single flight without goggles, it's simply easier to see and plan shots. If you have a smartphone with less pixel density the screen door effect might become bothersome.

I would have to agee! I think I'm gonna get them only after I learn how to fly it well. I'm a newbie

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78