DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude & Distance limitation (new)

Reactions
Haven't flown for 6 weeks for many reasons. Today: "Warning - altitude & distance limited to 30 & 50 meters".

I thought perhaps it was because I hadn't done the no fly zone update. So I did. No change, even after rebooting IOS, RC, and Mavic.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jay

Perhaps if you stated your location, others may have feedback about TFRs, etc.

Santa Cruz, CA - not within 5mi of any airport. I don't think it's a TFR. I'[d love advice on what might be causing it.

Not. I saw that once months ago and found a workaround - turn beginner's mode on and then back off. Did that. Didn't change anything.

Have you tried logging out and back in again in the App ?

That didnt work for me
Well I have seen it work for some that and deleting the app and reinstalling it . You never know till you try .
What did work for you ?

Reactions: ElPocho
Haven't flown for 6 weeks for many reasons. Today: "Warning - altitude & distance limited to 30 & 50 meters".

I thought perhaps it was because I hadn't done the no fly zone update. So I did. No change, even after rebooting IOS, RC, and Mavic.

Jay

Which firmware version are you running?

Firmware 07. Logging out & back in didn't change the warning. I deleted the app and am trying to reinstall, but some app store hangup is delaying the download. The warning persists.

Firmware 07. Logging out & back in didn't change the warning. I deleted the app and am trying to reinstall, but some app store hangup is delaying the download. The warning persists.

Is that a dialog box and spoken message that comes up when you start the motors? If so then it is likely to be a known issue with the new DJI Go versions and older firmware. I get exactly the same thing every time. If so then you can just ignore it - despite what it says those limits are not real and will not restrict your flight.

Reactions: fbcx
Bingo. Yes, dialog box and spoken warning on motor start. I test-flew it to 90m without a problem. (BTW, I did delete & reinstall the app, which of course made no difference).

Problem now behind me. Thanks to all who responded.

Well I have seen it work for some that and deleting the app and reinstalling it . You never know till you try .
What did work for you ?

I did everything. I noticed toward the end of this thread that someone found a fix. >>edit<< that “fix” i just mentioned, didnt work for me. I could not fly beyond the restricted distances>>edit<< I updated to the most current firmware last night (before learning of this fix).

Everything works perfectly. Figured im going to have to update eventually one day so i bit the bullet. Went from 01.03.0400 to the most current version.

Reactions: dirkclod

Jay
Send it back

Jay
Restart everything, put it into beginner mode then back out of beginner mode. Solved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d