DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon batteries

I was kind of wondering the same thing...returning the battery after it falls out of your MPP in mid flight might be a little problematic! :)

I also wonder about insurance and warranty...

Good point. You should always purchase OEM if you have any doubt whatsoever just to make you feel more secure.

Reactions: Former Member
The only issue I’ve heard of was an inproper fit with the Mavic pro. Again, Amazon makes this no problem for an easy return.
Same as I have heard. Mine fits fine, but its case is a little higher than OEM's (by design). But for functionality, it has been perfect. If anything I have had more cases where, after a preflight battery check, my OEM batteries have fully "clicked in" whereas this never happened with the Power Extra (anecdotal, of course).

That said I don't think there is much incentive to buy a non-OEM battery for only 20% less than OEM (at current Amazon prices). Perhaps a "high capacity" version would be more attractive.

Mike

I have the powerextra battery, just got it. No issues so far, this weekend will be a full out test for it (I have 2 flights on it so far, got it last week and the weather here has sucked) The fit for my batter is tighter than OEM :) so it's nice and secure. Flight time has been the same in my so far limited test. I hope for good things :)

@Tinmania thanks for posting that video :)

Up in canada OEM dji batteries are 125+ tax so like 135ish. THe power extra battery was 89 no tax and free amazon shipping. I went to henry's cameras to buy an OEM and asked about the warranty they said as soon as it left the store that was it. I walked out. The power extra is cheaper by 50 bucks up here and I get full 30 day no issue return from amazon.

And a review from ready set drone

Last edited:
Reactions: Tinmania and ksmusa
Unless things are different in Canada, all DJI batteries are covered by a 6 month, limited warranty.

Ya I found that out DJI's warranty on batteries just a day or so ago, I assume its the same up here too, however from a brick and mortar store that sells drones and batteries I expected a better warranty even a 2 week warranty would have gotten a sale. DOA out of the box is not uncommon for anything. It was just the main reason I went to amazon.

The power extra batteries had been sold out for over a month too I was lucky to get an email saying it was back in stock and jumped on it to give it a test. so far I am very happy, and after this next week of solid daily flying I will likely buy one or 2 more from them.

I also want that nice big blue parallel charger :) I will need one after battery 3 so it's on my hit list of things to get next

Reactions: ksmusa
from a brick and mortar store that sells drones and batteries I expected a better warranty even a 2 week warranty would have gotten a sale

I have found that most brick and mortar stores as well as online retailers dont offer warranties themselves, only a return or exchange policy. The warranty usually comes from DJI.

I have found that most brick and mortar stores as well as online retailers dont offer warranties themselves, only a return or exchange policy. The warranty usually comes from DJI.

Henry's was neither. They said there was no return or exchange on any drone battery. I just found it weird.

I also found it even weirder that a flying aircraft R/c store that sells they sell drones not only won't sell DJI drones "Because of the new laws" ...but they carry other drones that do the same or more.. but they also would not sell the accessories for dji drones either. That made absolutely no sense to me even on a business level.

Stores up in canada are weird. :/

It seems to me that for the cost of USD $20 or so, you can have a lot of piece of mind. Is this a case of "penny wise, pound foolish"? I would say that, unless you have a cash-flow issue, always buy OEM. IMHO.

Other than cheaper cost are there any other benefits?
Unless your Mavic is out of warranty, the cost difference really isn't a benefit. If you crash while using one of these batteries and the incident is determined to be power-related (or the battery cannot be ruled out as the cause), you might end up paying for 100% of the repair/replacement cost.

Other than cheaper cost are there any other benefits?

Unless your Mavic is out of warranty, the cost difference really isn't a benefit. If you crash while using one of these batteries and the incident is determined to be power-related (or the battery cannot be ruled out as the cause), you might end up paying for 100% of the repair/replacement cost.

This is true for -any- 3rd party accessory you put on your mavic tho not just batteries, Even running a 3rd party app Like Litchi voids all your warranties. Everything you use is a risk during your warranty period, It's always best of course and recommended to do your research and follow a safe flying and break in process for any accessory you put on your mavic. I use my 3rd party battery for all my low risk flying and leave the risky stuff to my OEM gear until my refresh is done. This allows the best field testing under ideal conditions. Then if something goes wrong you have limited the possible damage or loss. :)

Even running a 3rd party app Like Litchi voids all your warranties
That's not always the case. If Litchi causes the problem or the problem requires reviewing flight data that doesn't exist (since Litchi keeps poor flight logs), DJI might choose not to honor their warranty.

Reactions: chazzm and ksmusa
That's not always the case. If Litchi causes the problem or the problem requires reviewing flight data that doesn't exist (since Litchi keeps poor flight logs), DJI might choose not to honor their warranty.

Agreed, I only meant if the app caused the issue. same for parts. It's like everything, it's up to the user to prove their cause along with the flight logs.

You most definitely can buy a DJI OEM battery from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Mavic-Battery-Intelligent-Flight/dp/B01LX3ZQG9/

Mike
I bought this one about a month ago as my third battery and it has been working just fine. The first two batteries I got with my MP from DJI last June, so though it was time to add another. I always rotate my batteries to give them equal time. I would only buy my MP accessories from the DJI store on Amazon or directly from DJI's web site.

I have bought OEM batteries from Amazon without issue. Bona fide dji Mavic Pro batteries.

I also purchased one of these, during a Prime sale for $45, and it has performed the same as the OEM batteries:

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Powerextra-Intelligent-Replacement-Platinum/dp/B077SLY3WK
Ewww no thnx......same as 3rd party props. Ya you may never have an issue with them but if anything does happen you won't be covered at all by DJI. If you like to gamble...go for it!

Ewww no thnx......same as 3rd party props. Ya you may never have an issue with them but if anything does happen you won't be covered at all by DJI. If you like to gamble...go for it!
"Ewww?" Are we twelve-years-old? I am an adult and can make decisions on my own. If you want to live in fear of your warranty, go for it. I have seen enough instances of DJI's "own" (they don't actually make them) batteries failing, to know they aren't some kind of battery sent down from heaven. I have also seen where DJI refuses warranty claims on "their own" battery.

In this thread the only people clamoring against the Power Extra battery are people that have never even seen one, let alone bought it. Not one of the people who actually own one said anything negative about it. Something to think about.

I also purchased Litchi. I guess that is a double-Ewww lol.

Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottster03