DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
And those amps are 12 volts, I may have missed someone clarifying that already. I use a 11.4 volt 3s 1000mah battery to power one amp. That’s what fixed my issue. I was powering two amps with the same battery. And not needing to power the right antenna, I fixed the same problem you are having. I use the same exact amps, same exact issue. 5 volts will not cut it.

This is from 20 minutes ago. My 1st actual test of Jeffm912’s advice. Super heavy WiFi area, didn’t phase the signal. This was with a dragon amp, on the left antenna, the right antenna unpowered. I used a 3s 11.4 volt 1000mah battery to power the dragon amp. Not one interference warning.

Reactions: Jeffm912
The amp you bought is under rated. They are very good amps for the price. I use one myself. They do run at optimal temp though when powered correctly. Mine stay at a nice toasty 120* F. Electronics all have an optimum temp before you reach diminished returns.
I also use a 3S lipo for mine because small gauge wire losses are larger when it is using more current. It is more efficient to volt up and amp down.
Jeff

What battery do you use with your Turbowing RY-2.4 amp?

Bob,
I thought you bought the black dragon amp? I remember the pictures from the first post. The turbowing amp is red but I'd be willing to bet the internal board is the exact same mass produced circuit as I looked it up on scamazon. ( I call them that because every sale I see I am conned into spending money.)

Tex,
Man that is some good range. Wish I could get that here. I miss living over that way. Even as far down as Webster off of Nasa 1. Decades long gone.

Jeff

Reactions: Texas Mavic
Bob,
I thought you bought the black dragon amp? I remember the pictures from the first post. The turbowing amp is red but I'd be willing to bet the internal board is the exact same mass produced circuit as I looked it up on scamazon. ( I call them that because every sale I see I am conned into spending money.)

Tex,
Man that is some good range. Wish I could get that here. I miss living over that way. Even as far down as Webster off of Nasa 1. Decades long gone.

Jeff

Jeff, man that’s exactly where I had to drive to get decent range before you helped me square away the power issue. And I could only get 17k from the Hilton on NASA to the Kemah Boardwalk, and would start getting choppy video return at around 15k. Well now I am limited by battery. What I get in urban is awesome, no need to drive to Kemah just to do a range test!! Thanks again!

Reactions: Jeffm912
Bob,

Tex,

Jeff

I actually have 2 Turbowing amps.. 1 of them is 4W and the other is 1W ... both appear exactly the same. (Purchased from diff sources.) It appears scamazon is selling the 4W version... but honestly there is no marking on either one that would make me think they are different. I started testing the 4W amp on the 7 volt 2s lipo with only the antenna connected. (actually runs at 8+ volts fully charged). I was able to maintain 8 volts for more than 2+ hours before the capacity alarm went off at 3.80v per cell; the amp only ever got warm to touch. I then ordered a 11v battery.. FLOUREON 3S 11.1V 1000mAh 20C Lipo to test with also. Still just guessing at specs and balance needed. I plan on using 9 db antenna on both left and right. I had some issues with my controller mod... apparently I pinched a wire during install last year and it finally failed... new parts coming and hopefully I will do it right this time. (I also ordered another controller just for comparison/backup reasons.)

Your guidance/information is much appreciated. Thank You.

I realized when using the Dragon boosters with the 4hawks Raptor SR, its drained the RC battery quite fast. Now I am flying with only Alientech Duo that the RC battery is normal.

I realized when using the Dragon boosters with the 4hawks Raptor SR, its drained the RC battery quite fast. Now I am flying with only Alientech Duo that the RC battery is normal.

How did it drain the rc battery? The amp should have a separate power supply. The two have no power interface with one another.

Jeff

Reactions: Texas Mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803