DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android 9 Pie with DJI Go

StokeyBry

Reactions
Hey, so after reading some reviews from the play store regarding the DJI Go app having issues with the beta version of Android 9, has anyone tried the full release yet? (It was only released yesterday mind)
But if anyone has any recommendations or is willing to try it please let me know, as I don't want to upgrade my software for it to be glitchy with DJI Go.
TIA

I just upgraded to Android pie on my pixel 2xl. Didn't think about it till it was too late. I will let you know if I find any problems.

I flew it this morning with LTE on and it worked perfect. Then I switched to WiFi and it still worked. Prior I had issues losing connection in the app in WiFi. It appears that is not a problem now. So I'm very happy with this

Does not work on my Pixel 2 XL... closes immed on start up... Litchi won't load either

Works just fine on my Pixel 2 XL running Android Pie. No problems whatsoever.

I had problems with Android P beta. Now and then the app would start crashing at the startup and I had to reinstall the app. Weirdly just deleting app data won't work.

It's closing on me too, it won't even load the app. Never had any problems on oreo

I have emailed DJI support, hopefully they are working on an update, be foolish if they weren't.

If I uninstall the app would I get my flight data back?

Last edited:
Flight data is stored online so yes.

Try factory resetting phones if it doesnt work. Settings, cache data and other things can get screwed up with OS updates.

After the upgrade to my Pixel XL (version 1) the app instantly crashed on startup. After uninstalling/reinstalling DJI Go 4 it seems to work fine. The flight records are working, but I haven't tried flying it yet

DJI Go works just fine on Android Pie, provided you are using the .21 release or higher. Earlier releases will simply not get past the initial splash screen.

However, the .21 release has horrible video pixelation and breakup problems, making the app almost useless (although highly effective for sharpening your "I suddenly need to fly using just the remote" skills). I wound up going back to the .16 release on my Yoga tablet running Oreo, which works fine.

I am hopeful that the forthcoming Mavic 2 announcement will include an updated app that supports the new Mavic 2 features and also fixes these video issues. We'll see...

What version? .16 on my 2xl closes immediately. Litchi too

Latest version 4.21. You must uninstall and reinstall DJI Go after updating to Android 9 in order for it to work. Memory structure is completely different with Pie and the app has to unzip the resource files and place them in the new memory structure.

Latest version 4.21. You must uninstall and reinstall DJI Go after updating to Android 9 in order for it to work. Memory structure is completely different with Pie and the app has to unzip the resource files and place them in the new memory structure.
I can attest that this works for the GO4 app. Any idea about Litchi though?

I didn't uninstall but mine did re-extract all the resources and restarted itself the first time. It signed me out of DJI as well. But it just "worked" after that.
I got no pixellation at all on the test flights.

I can attest that this works for the GO4 app. Any idea about Litchi though?

I have corresponded with the developer for Litchi and he told me that DJI needs to update the SDK (Software Developers Kit) to work with Android 9. Until that happens, Litchi will not work.

Reactions: sfessen
Update: Deleting the cache then the app and reinstalling seems to have worked so far for me... Only one short test flight though

After reinstalling the app it is working now, not flown anywhere yet but the app is working ok

For me it always worked once or twice after reinstalling the app on my Pixel 2XL with the Android 9 betas...so I'm not convinced yet. just did another reinstall and hope for the best.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98