DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Announcing the new MAVMOUNT SCOUT adapter for DJI top mount controllers... pics inside!

Aerial West

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Hey everyone! Bill here from Aerial West and MAVMOUNT.com

I’m really excited to share my next new product with you all first… the MAVMOUNT™ SCOUT adapter. Please, like always, ask me any questions you like.. I'll try to answer as best as i can!

P1000061-1-1.jpgP1000093-1.jpgP1000084-1.jpgP1000124-scaled.jpg

As many of you know, Mavmount started when I announced first Mavmount adapter for use with the DJI Mavic Pro 1 back in December of 2016. Since then we’ve been proud to see the Mavmount adapter is in use all over the world for professional film, search and rescue, police, fire and just about every industry you can imagine.. along with countless drone hobbyists.

And now I have an all new Patent Pending mount for top loading DJI controllers, and I think you’re going to love it. A short while ago I took a look at the new square form DJI controller for the Mavic air 2 that loads from the top. And while our 4.0 original mount works well with it, I decided to see if I could design a new mount from the bottom up that was lightweight, small and portable, amazingly strong and stable, and to do that I’d use the same principles I designed the original Mavmount adapter with.

First, Make it with 6061 aircraft grade anodized aluminum to exacting specs.

Second, make sure its perfectly balanced, with no screens hanging off the front (just like Thanos would want) so the hands are relaxed and fine movements are not hindered.

Third, take the time to make the part look as good as it is functional, with every surface finished, anodized, and milled to extremely exact tolerances.
And so the “Mavmount SCOUT” is born. Through dozens of revisions and 3d modelling, we’re proud to present a mount that is utterly functional: stable, strong, and can fit in your hand.

P1000074-1.jpgP1000062-1 - Copy.jpg

Here you can see how the AIRLOCK thumb screw further secures the mount into the body of the controller.

And when we say strong, we mean it. I can place a 9 pound brick of stainless steel on it and it will hold just fine.. which means a iPad weighing in at less than a pound is in good hands. The SCOUT base mounts directly INSIDE the controller, so all of the weight is on the controller… NONE ON THE ANTENNA ARRAY!

Here's a few facts about the new SCOUT mount:

-USPTO Patent pending design
-Fits in the palm of your hand
-Works with every size iPad from a mini to the iPad 12.9" with ease, and all android devices we've tested.
-Made from CNC milled 6061 aircraft grade anodized aluminum
-Available in 5 different colors: red, Black, Blue, Orange, and Gunmetal Grey.
-Kit Includes SCOUT base, v4 ballhead, AIRLOCK Screw, and Clamp
-Extremely Stable for even 12.9″ iPad tablets
-Includes Airlock screw to further secure Scout Mount
-Locks into Antenna well, does not stress antenna rods at all
-NOT 3D printed, NOT a cage design, NOT diecast aluminum.
-Can hold a 9 pound Stainless Steel brick... it's that strong! (ask me... i have pics!)

The SCOUT is built to such tolerances there’s virtually no movement is any direction, and it further snaps in using the controllers own spring loaded metal balls. And while that is enough for almost any use, we also include our AIRLOCK thumb screw to further lock the mount in.. and the AIRLOCK screw is made from the same 6061 aircraft grade aluminum as the mount base itself. The ballhead is the same celebrated 4.0 ballhead from the original Mavmount 4.0 adapter for folding controllers.

I just launched today… so you can order now at mavmount.com

slide-template-1_conts-only.png

Last edited:
Think I'll just stick with what I currently have as it packs neatly with the rest of my equipment.
Your looks way too bulky and certainly would not fit into my case which means purchasing yet another year case, no thanks.

I haven't had a chance to use the mount since I just received it, but it works great with my cell phone, Mini 5 and Air 2. By the way, I didn't take a picture, but the mount held the Air 2 when I flipped it sideways and upside down, probably the most secure stock device clamp I have ever owned. If anyone has ever had a tablet fall from their mount before, I think you will like this one.

Attachments

• mm1.jpg
    mm1.jpg
    687 KB · Views: 47
  • mm1 4.jpg
    mm1 4.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 45
  • mm1 3.jpg
    mm1 3.jpg
    597 KB · Views: 46
  • mm1 7.jpg
    mm1 7.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 51
  • mm1 6.jpg
    mm1 6.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 46
  • mm1 5.jpg
    mm1 5.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 44
probably the most secure stock device clamp I have ever owned. If anyone has ever had a tablet fall from their mount before, I think you will like this one.
Thats great to hear... we've been getting tons of great feedback. cant wait for people here to start getting them!

Reactions: Droniac
Hey everyone! Bill here from Aerial West and MAVMOUNT.com

I’m really excited to share my next new product with you all first… the MAVMOUNT™ SCOUT adapter. Please, like always, ask me any questions you like.. I'll try to answer as best as i can!

Hi - That mount looks nice. Question on the Lanyard Kit. Does the base mount include the loop for the Lanyard, or is that piece part of the Lanyard Kit (Wondering - I have a drawer of lanyards, just need the metal loop portion).

Hi - That mount looks nice. Question on the Lanyard Kit. Does the base mount include the loop for the Lanyard, or is that piece part of the Lanyard Kit (Wondering - I have a drawer of lanyards, just need the metal loop portion).
Hi there,

The lanyard kit comes with the CNC milled tab and the lanyard together as a set. The value of that is really in the custom clip, as the lanyard isnt too expensive.

I'm looking forward to receiving mine soon, thanks Bill!

Reactions: Aerial West
Hi Bill,
I currently have a Mavmount 4. Is it possible to just purchase the parts to convert it to a Scout seeing I have a a new Top Mount controller setup now?
Yes you can, the ball is removable and is transferrable. You just need the compatible bracket to work with the Mavic Air and Mini Series RC and use the existing ball :) The MacMount's are way beefier and better than the Lifthor in my opinion

Reactions: pchaps
Yes you can, the ball is removable and is transferrable. You just need the compatible bracket to work with the Mavic Air and Mini Series RC and use the existing ball :) The MacMount's are way beefier and better than the Lifthor in my opinion
Where do I buy one from? I only see the whole setup for sale.

Done what you said and I have to pay full price less $17 for just the scout bracket. So in reality better off buying the whole setup.
The paint on my scout adapter is flaking off, hopefully will get a solution soon

I thought they were anodised not painted
I believe it is painted in black on the outermost layer, a piece did flake off, I will post a picture soon :)

I would be most happy with an unpainted aluminum version. Not sure what the finish is, but raw aluminum would be my first choice ...if offered.

Reactions: pchaps
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54