DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another "Mavic 2" leaked image

nil

Reactions
Another leaked Mavic picture today, this one with "Mavic 2" branding.

074e3774a0a7b1e82e6bce33c0a2cc0230e6fff92dda1935cce2f609279fffb2.jpg

Source: Class1f1edLive on Twitter

Since I'm on my lunch hour, here's what I see and think:
  • removable gimbal and camera
  • side-mounted sensors
  • non-low-noise propellers
  • removable camera in the lower left, looks like a smaller sensor than is mounted in the Mavic
  • Apple Lightning connector on the removable camera in the lower left
  • new transmitter with removable sticks (middle of left edge)
  • new power button on battery
"Mavic 2" with smaller sensor, "Mavic Pro 2" or "Mavic 2 Pro" for the larger sensor? If they go this route, hopefully the only difference is the camera module. It would be a shame if some non-camera features were locked to the "Pro" version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maineiac
If it’s legit, I’m not a fan of rounded edges. But a easily replaceable gimbal/ removable for hand use like the Karma is interesting. Or it’s all malarkey lol

Another leaked Mavic picture today
Another... as in you know of more images? This is the only image I've seen that looks legit.

Another... as in you know of more images? This is the only image I've seen that looks legit.
No, just "another" in the sense that it's another picture. Though this is absolutely the only one with any credibility.

No, just "another" in the sense that it's another picture.
Ah, got it.

This one really looks DJI-like. It'll be interesting to see when it gets released though. Let's not forget that there were also photos like this of another Phantom floating around some months ago.

Ah, got it.

This one really looks DJI-like. It'll be interesting to see when it gets released though. Let's not forget that there were also photos like this of another Phantom floating around some months ago.
I disagree. This looks like a cheap Japanese knockoff. I really hope this is not a legit image.

Reactions: Forcecilia
I don't trust the picture... Looks more like a modified mavic pro 1 instead of having an unique look as a new aircraft.

I don't trust the picture... Looks more like a modified mavic pro 1 instead of having an unique look as a new aircraft.
Exactly my thoughts. Most fakes looks exactly the same, but they are never as sharp as the actual mavic. This to me just looks like another scenario where it is trying to copy the mavic, but fails. The one thing that is odd is the mavic 2 wording. With that being said, I feel like DJI would call it the II and not the 2 to help differentiate it from the phantom series

Were you expecting them to have started from scratch? The next generation of the Mavic Pro should build and improve on the original platform, no?

This does look legit, I see side sensors too. Looks like a hand held gimbal option like Karma and Q500. Ugg and have to wait another month and a half :(

Reactions: cmparks89
Another leaked Mavic picture today, this one with "Mavic 2" branding.

074e3774a0a7b1e82e6bce33c0a2cc0230e6fff92dda1935cce2f609279fffb2.jpg

Source: Class1f1edLive on Twitter

Since I'm on my lunch hour, here's what I see and think:
  • removable gimbal and camera
  • side-mounted sensors
  • non-low-noise propellers
  • removable camera in the lower left, looks like a smaller sensor than is mounted in the Mavic
  • Apple Lightning connector on the removable camera in the lower left
  • new transmitter with removable sticks (middle of left edge)
  • new power button on battery
  • "Mavic 2" with smaller sensor, "Mavic Pro 2" or "Mavic 2 Pro" for the larger sensor? If they go this route, hopefully the only difference is the camera module. It would be a shame if some non-camera features were locked to the "Pro" version.
great another gimbal just waiting to be ripped off. or easily damaged.

Reactions: KiterTodd
Maybe this is the reason they postponed the event. The camera was remove when it was tested 3:)

153093100555.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98