DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another newbie and retired pilot from Australia

G'day! I'm just starting to enjoy being able to concentrate on the views of Planet Earth from above, with a Mavic 2 Pro. Before that, I concentrated more on making sure I stayed above the ground while I was flying various types of aircraft.

My biggest buzzes were flying for an airline in New Guinea, where we landed up the sides of 10,000' or so mountains. Before that, I used to round up cattle on Australian Outback cattle stations. Legal fun!

Oh yeah, I also had a commercial helicopter pilot licence but always ended up flying "da plane!" I also used to instruct ultralight pilots during my holidays.

But jeez, what a BUZZ it is to go somewhere and just unpack a drone and enjoy the scenery! I'm hoping to learn how to film surfers. (I'm still surfing, but definitely not improving with age haha!)
Welcome to the forum. I flew Enstrom helicopters and the Robinson R22(death trap) and the R44. I have to say that I am having much more fun with the drones.

Greetings!

Welcome to da forum from in the briny to the right of you ??
We sure have full representation from the Southern Hemisphere. It's really great to make connections world wide.
The drone addiction reaches far. We could start our own United Nations of Drones. Probably get more done than the real thing.

Welcome to the forum. I flew Enstrom helicopters and the Robinson R22(death trap) and the R44. I have to say that I am having much more fun with the drones.
Thanks! I'm only endorsed on the Bell 47G but at least it had 2 more cylinders to foul up haha! And you're right, there's so much less drama flying drones.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup
Thanks, I realize there's a LOT to learn, but it's great that you can spend time learning from the experience of others here! :)

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful mountains of Colorado! Retired air traffic controller here. Happy and safe flying!
Thanks! Yes, and another useless thing is too much air in the fuel tanks. Applying that principle to drones, I decided to get an extra battery. ;)

Thanks! PNG always stays in your mind ... jeez, lucky you got over the malaria!

Sure does :)
Got the big M right on 18 months after we dropped by Gona, Buna, Sananada, Dobadura, Oro Bay.
That's the full incubation of the bug in the liver, after 18 month they die or they come out . . . they came out !!
Took 2 weeks to get diagnosed because I didn't think for a sec it was M, but after a blood test and confirmation, the docs killed it stone dead in the blood and liver.
11 years now and no recurrence, so think I'm safe enough :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0