DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another newbie tablet thread

Pinchecharlie

Reactions
So my new MA is en route and being old i dont have coolie tablets or phones . So...after exhaustive you tube and Google sh@te I've deceided it would just be best to buy s dedicated tablet for the mavic air and move on. So..if I buy a i pad mini 4 how much info does it need? I see several options and of course drastic price increases. I won't lie, I only know more is better but seeing as how I will disable all un wanted stuff (hopefully a tutorial ) how much is going to operate the nachine properly? If you are willing to litrrally spell it out for me I would be greatfull as my head has been spinning with all the new vocabulary and information just on the drone and iam just beginning! Thank you Charlie

The iPad 5th or 6th generation are both far superior to the iPad Mini 4. You're paying $300 for 2014 technology, which is absurd.

Reactions: aokusman
The iPad 5th or 6th generation are both far superior to the iPad Mini 4. You're paying $300 for 2014 technology, which is absurd.
Ok, well I didn't want to post " which should I buy" but.. I will take suggestions? This started for fun, I was naive about the cost. Now iam more concerned about giving myself the best chance of using it without major issues. I was going to buy from Apple's re furbished section to save as much as I could and STILL get something safe. Thanks

Ok so according to the " list" I pad mini 4 is number one? So why do you guys say it's not worth 300 bucks and if it's not number one why is it there and what is? Lol reads like my kids talk when I tell em what's uo

I am using an iPad mini 4 (with 3g and GPS) for a year now, with no issues.

Never had crashes, and it fits in the clamps of the RC.

I use it with all my 5 drones, have it only for flying, and I think its price is fair enough.

Reactions: newguy
Ok, well I didn't want to post " which should I buy" but.. I will take suggestions? This started for fun, I was naive about the cost. Now iam more concerned about giving myself the best chance of using it without major issues. I was going to buy from Apple's re furbished section to save as much as I could and STILL get something safe. Thanks

Like I said, the iPad 5th or 6th generation. They're about the same price, too. I've even seen the 5th generation ones close to $200. The Mini 4 is starting to have issues with CPU overload because it's slow, and it's only a matter of time before you spent all that money and have to sell it because it won't work as well as you want it to. Also, the Mini 4 is not as bright.

The only real advantage of the Mini is how it fits in the clamps and small size. That's pretty much it. The anti-reflective screen is not that good, screen repairs are more expensive, and it's just a slower device in general.

Reactions: kcrawfd
Like I said, the iPad 5th or 6th generation. They're about the same price, too. I've even seen the 5th generation ones close to $200. The Mini 4 is starting to have issues with CPU overload because it's slow, and it's only a matter of time before you spent all that money and have to sell it because it won't work as well as you want it to. Also, the Mini 4 is not as bright.

The only real advantage of the Mini is how it fits in the clamps and small size. That's pretty much it. The anti-reflective screen is not that good, screen repairs are more expensive, and it's just a slower device in general.
Fair enough and well spoken. I was only under the impression that they would not fit in the controller? That said I may have to buy a mount for it no biggie but iam a bit concerned about orienting the controllers features "line of sight" ? Iam sure this has been thought through too so now just to buy it all right. Ok thanks 5th or 6th gen or I phone 7 or better. Hope my wife doesn't see the credit card bill

On a separate note, someone should up date the link to the ohone/tablet list and post these same things. Otherwise us new guys just think " they must know"

I have a ipad mini 2 and it works fine with the video using the DJI app. Having said that, I would say that the ipad mini is working to the max. As an example, the video is fine if I am not running anything in the background, but when I use Litchi with screen record the video lags and is very choppy.

Where have you seen this? I can't find one under $500!
Buy iPad 9.7-inch

The new 2018 is $329 has the A10 processor. I just bought the "2017" model and it runs an A9, which is plenty powerful. Price wise, you would be better off getting the 2018 model. Walmart and Best Buy have the 2018 model for $329 brand new. Why would you spend almost as much for a mini 4 with ancient tech

Buy iPad 9.7-inch

The new 2018 is $329 has the A10 processor. I just bought the "2017" model and it runs an A9, which is plenty powerful. Price wise, you would be better off getting the 2018 model. Walmart and Best Buy have the 2018 model for $329 brand new. Why would you spend almost as much for a mini 4 with ancient tech
I guess I was just looking at the list on that link? I bought a new one yesterday from the apple store here in town for 329. Man it's nice! I ordered a mav mount for the 9.7 screen and a lanyard for it. I dunno , well see. I down loaded the dji go 4 and it's on there so now just have to wait for the mavic air to arrive. I read a post on configuring a I pad for better use but I haven't messed with it yet. Ok so basically what a guy needs to do is buy a new I pad and a mount or if you have a good I phone your done. There you go. Easy as spending any other money if you have it. Feel better knowing it's a good product and it should be luxurious to have. Ok onward and upward

Reactions: kcrawfd
Buy iPad 9.7-inch

I see now. Those are the prices for wifi only. Don't you need cellular for the GPS to work properly?

Ok so now iam confused again. So the Wi-Fi only I pad has no GPS according to apple. So the Wi-Fi +cellular has GPS but the cellular doesn't need a 'plan' so no monthly yada yada . So...the Wi-Fi + cullar I pad is $130 more . So ...whats best? Do you need gps ? Ive watched tutorials on the smart functions , they say gps has to be "strong". Is an extrrnal gps more affordable and or a better operating systm/s ? Seems like gps is a necessity?! Ok more research again

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu