DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another sUAS Checklist Template

TheoMatthias

Reactions
I have been using a sUAS checklist template that really didn't fit me very well. I wanted something I could use for both Part 101 & 107 operations. Then, I discovered a PDF checklist (originally developed by George Stowers) that came very close to what I was looking for. The only problem was that the checklist was in PDF format, which made it a bit difficult to modify.

After converting it to Excel format, I expanded the list, made some format changes and included the MP status light table. There are fields for the pilot name, FAA registration number, remote pilot certificate number and the MP serial number. The checklist is organized by sections as follows:
  1. General Information
  2. Flight Planning
  3. Site Arrival
  4. Motor Start-up
  5. Takeoff
  6. Landing
  7. Post-Flight
I have attached a PDF below and linked to the Excel spreadsheet HERE. Feel free to review the Checklist for accuracy, order and omissions. Also, please feel free to modify and use this template for your specific needs.

Thanks to George Stowers for the original document!

Attachments

• MP Checklist.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 159
I have been using a sUAS checklist template that really didn't fit me very well. I wanted something I could use for both Part 101 & 107 operations. Then, I discovered a PDF checklist (originally developed by George Stowers) that came very close to what I was looking for. The only problem was that the checklist was in PDF format, which made it a bit difficult to modify.

After converting it to Excel format, I expanded the list, made some format changes and included the MP status light table. There are fields for the pilot name, FAA registration number, remote pilot certificate number and the MP serial number. The checklist is organized by sections as follows:
  1. General Information
  2. Flight Planning
  3. Site Arrival
  4. Motor Start-up
  5. Takeoff
  6. Landing
  7. Post-Flight
I have attached a PDF below and linked to the Excel spreadsheet HERE. Feel free to review the Checklist for accuracy, order and omissions. Also, please feel free to modify and use this template for your specific needs.

Thanks to George Stowers for the original document!
Thanks for sharing, I love the format and will incorporate into my custom version.

I tried to follow this checklist, but by the time I ticked the last checkbox, the battery died. I'll recharge and try again. :D

Haha!

It is very detailed but, by now, much of it is in my memory. However, I am old enough to know that I am old enough to forget something important so, after each major section, I do a quick review of the detail to make sure I'm good to go.

Thumbswayup

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe