DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any cyclists who take their drone with them? How do you carry them?

Johnmcl7

Reactions
With the weather starting to get warmer I'm planning to get the road bike out more and want to take the Mavic Pro out with me. I normally ride with a small Evoc 4l backpack which is just enough to carry a few essential tools and additional clothing, I have tried packing the Mavic in using a small hard case (one for the drone and controller) but it's too thin for it making it a very right squeeze and no space for clothing.

When out walking with the Mavic I use a Lowepro Slingshot but it's not really much use for the bike as it doesn't fit the tools or clothing and the single strap means it moves around way too much.

I do have a larger backpack that can take the Mavic, DSLR and extras which I've been using on the bike but it's way too big and heavy.

I can find backpacks that are good for cameras/drones and some that are great for the bike but not really anything small that can do both so would appreciate any suggestions for those that have faced the same challenge.

I use an old backpack. The Phantom was tricky to pack in there, but th' Mavic's apiece of cake.

Reactions: Lit Gimbal
Amazon has a range of backpacks for carrying Mavic's ... e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lowepro-Dr...9469&sr=8-7&keywords=Backpack+for+MAvic+Drone
Just don't be seen on your bike near a major airport with one ... :eek:

That's similar to the big one I'm using but it's too bulky for cycling use, this is the current 4L one which sits mostly on the shoulders and isn't too sweaty for road bike use and narrow enough to be usable off road:

Glentress 7 - Johnmcl7

It looks like a slightly larger Evoc is likely to be the best balance although unfortunately no-one local stocks the range so I can't try them out for size.

The mavic pro fits in my camelbak mule in separate hardcases for the controler and drone no problem. Take it with me on occasion mountain biking

Reactions: Johnmcl7
Arkel pack attached to the seatpost carrier. That way the weight isn't on your bottom, insulting your sit bones. If your roadbike is a carbon unit, they make a carrier that's designed to attach to the seat and seat post. Watch their video all the way through and you'll see the one I'm talking about at the end.

Reactions: Johnmcl7
@mnis

You might be able to help out here;)
I do not think I can help here. Because I have on my touring bike a large aluminum trailer, which weighs 8 kilograms alone. In it, I transport all my Mavic stuff and much more when I'm looking for locations to fly. That's not what the OP is looking for...

Reactions: Johnmcl7 and Porky
The mavic pro fits in my camelbak mule in separate hardcases for the controler and drone no problem. Take it with me on occasion mountain biking

That sounds great, is that a 10L pack? I've been looking at either 6L or 10L as it looks like they should give a bit more capacity but without being too much bigger.

Arkel pack attached to the seatpost carrier. That way the weight isn't on your bottom, insulting your sit bones. If your roadbike is a carbon unit, they make a carrier that's designed to attach to the seat and seat post. Watch their video all the way through and you'll see the one I'm talking about at the end.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't want to attach anything to the bike, I use a variety of bikes on a regular basis and it wouldn't be suitable on the off road bikes.

I do not think I can help here. Because I have on my touring bike a large aluminum trailer, which weighs 8 kilograms alone. In it, I transport all my Mavic stuff and much more when I'm looking for locations to fly. That's not what the OP is looking for...

Yep, you're right. At the moment just wanting to do longer road rides now the weather is getting better. with the MTB it's easier as there's always the technical sections to aim for but I find it trickier with the road bike as there's not the same fun sections to look for. Hence I'm thinking if I could easily take the Mavic it would give me more of a reason to take the road bike out and also going off road means I can get to more remote spots ideal for the drone.

Reactions: mnis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk