DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Mavic pilots in the SE Michigan area?

Grosse Pointe Farms, MI. In the summer i fly out on Lake st Clair from my portable launch pad.

aaaaaaUntitled.jpg

take it on trips like Northern Michigan and when we go to Venice Florida in the winter

Last edited:
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI. In the summer i fly out on Lake st Clair from my portable launch pad.

View attachment 20482

take it on trips like Northern Michigan and when we go to Venice Florida in the winter

What mode did you use to follow the boat? Live in Spring Lake but heading to father in laws boat at the DYC this weekend and hoping to get some nice video like you posted and pics. Got my Mavic yesterday so still learning different modes, had a Blade Chroma previously. Thanks!

What mode did you use to follow the boat? Live in Spring Lake but heading to father in laws boat at the DYC this weekend and hoping to get some nice video like you posted and pics. Got my Mavic yesterday so still learning different modes, had a Blade Chroma previously. Thanks!
i use the Autopilot app. that was shot at 150ft at a 100ft radius or vise versa. with the speed to full. This is in their Orbit mode. That app makes it a cake walk. just read and watch the tutorials. make sure you set it to a moving operator and if you want you can offset the object you are filming. ie., Tubber or skier behind the boat. here is another one. Up at the north house with the ski boat.

Didn't know about the autopilot app, read up on it just now. You found it easier to use tracking modes than the dji go 4 app and it the app doesn't crash on you? Thanks!

I have been using the autopilot app before DJI. Incorporated their flight modes. I am not sure if you can orbit a moving object and/or offset like on autopilot. Autopilot seems to be a more stable platform and much more powerful with a lot more features. If they still let you sign up for the beta testing you can save $30. I have had no issues on the beta. I am a iOS user with mostly a iPad Air II or lately been usinging the mini 4

FYI black box on autopilot is for just flying around the rest are all the intelligent flight modes

What I do is open the DJI app make sure everything is good to go. Fly up 40ft or so. Close out the DJI app then open autopilot. You can't have both running at the same time. Do this in reverse when landing back on the boat.

Excellent thanks! Maybe I missed it but I assume it has a live camera feed to iPhone/iPad?
Yes of course. you have to have your mavic connected to see it. Its a bite harder on a iphone. i think you have to switch back and forth in landscape mode. I hardly ever use the phone mostly the ipad.

EDIT: i just checked and yes on a iphone you have to toggle back and forth. that seems like a pain but like i indicated i use a ipad.

Also i just discovered that the beta has a new optional look that looks like the DJI go app! looks promising!!

How do you get the beta? Only see the purchase option in App Store. Don't mind spending the money but nice to make sure it's something I'll use first and have had some issues so far with the mavic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78