DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody excited for Air 2S?

If the Air 2S works with the New DJI FPV Goggles this is going to be amazing.
As a business move it would make sense that they might do this to keep people wanting both Drones the Air 2 and the FPV and tempt those that already have the Goggles to Pick up the AIR 2S .

That S has got to me for Sport Mode and maybe and I really hope they Surprise us with that.
I just cannot fathom them not doing that since with Occusyn 3.0 were going to loose the Smart Controller support. UGH but they can make up for it with the Goggles at Least.

Fingers crossed on this one.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the RAIN and Land on the Water.

I was so excited I sold my M2P in anticipation of the MA2s! I typically buy used drones and then sell them to upgrade to the newer version. Haven’t lost money yet (on the drone at least, accessories is a different matter). Once I saw that the MA2s has a 1” sensor I knew I had to sell the M2P before the value dropped more.

If it's classified for the new EU rules I'm excited. Otherwise it's yet another drone not worth paying attention too. I have a Mini 2 on order because it's the only legal option for what I need it for. If the Air 2S is a C1 drone it's probably a better option given how bad the still photos from the Mini 2 are. I miss my Mavic 2 Pro.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Air 2S?
not really, I am still learning how to be a pilot on my Air 2.
The Camera is actually better than I imagined it might be, especially with filters and especially a CP filter(adjusted for the lighting). I'll read about it here if/when it appears. (I personally think I need to be more attentive to my pt 107 studies and keeping my drone out of trees)

Reactions: joeywestside
If it's classified for the new EU rules I'm excited. Otherwise it's yet another drone not worth paying attention too. I have a Mini 2 on order because it's the only legal option for what I need it for. If the Air 2S is a C1 drone it's probably a better option given how bad the still photos from the Mini 2 are. I miss my Mavic 2 Pro.
surely with new drones they should all be classified ? i know its a couple of years away but why would they not be ....

It could be a perfect Drone almost if it has ,1 inch sensor ,ADS-B outside of the USA ,ocusync 3.0 ,that could also work with the DJi FPV goggles and the new hand controller plus it would be very good if it had certification.....if it has all these and its not a silly price it will be a winner...

surely with new drones they should all be classified ? i know its a couple of years away but why would they not be ....
The FPV isn't. The rules have been active here for a couple of months now and still no C classed drones. I heard a rumor that EASA doesn't have the certification process ready yet and that they will this summer but I don't know if there's any truth to that. Ideally all drones released last year would have been ready for the new rules since they were supposed to be in place mid 2020.

I really hope that the Air 2S is, but I'm not very optimistic. It will be a nice surprise if it is.

The FPV isn't. The rules have been active here for a couple of months now and still no C classed drones. I heard a rumor that EASA doesn't have the certification process ready yet and that they will this summer but I don't know if there's any truth to that. Ideally all drones released last year would have been ready for the new rules since they were supposed to be in place mid 2020.

I really hope that the Air 2S is, but I'm not very optimistic. It will be a nice surprise if it is.
i agree totally.

I'll get exited when i see a Mavic with Ads-b Airsense, 1" sensor, that can to record in 4k@120fps and 8k or 6k@30fps at least with the option to select that codec to use. MA2's 4k@60fps only uses h.265 and that codec is too heavy for some computers...

I'll get exited when i see a Mavic with Ads-b Airsense, 1" sensor, that can to record in 4k@120fps and 8k or 6k@30fps at least with the option to select that codec to use. MA2's 4k@60fps only uses h.265 and that codec is too heavy for some computers...
I agree about the H.265 i upgraded my graphics card last year to manage this ,but yes you have no chance on a std spec computer.

Reactions: joeywestside
It looks like a spider with 4 eyes missing. Excited.... no..

It looks like a spider with 4 eyes missing. Excited.... no..
I dont give a flying F--- what it looks like as long as its a decent aircraft lol......;)

If I had a Mini or the Air I would think about it. But I have the Air 2 and it's just not worth it for me yet. (Until I start seeing videos and such) LOL

I was waiting for a new DJI camera drone hoping that it will carry the CE drone class marking (C1) to make it legal to fly from 2023 onwards in Open category A2 (EASA).

If this is not the case, combined with the fact that there are no side obstacle avoidance sensors, for me it makes no sense to purchase this.

I will go for the Air 2 on a discount.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
If I had a Mini or the Air I would think about it. But I have the Air 2 and it's just not worth it for me yet. (Until I start seeing videos and such) LOL
Good point, the proof is in the pudding.

you may get a combo for about £850 if you are lucky in the next few weeks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61