DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody excited for Air 2S?

Was planning to get an Air 2 and then saw the 2S rumors so I held off.

I can get the Air 2 with a 10% Education discount, which brings it to $890 USD for the Flymore.

Apparently the 2S is going to be $1299 USD (based on a unit appearing in BestBuy over the last couple of days). That's a $400 USD premium for me, and I'm not sure if the 2S is worth that much extra over an Air 2.

We'll have to wait and see what the real specs are on April 15th, but as of now I'm leaning towards the Air 2.

Was planning to get an Air 2 and then saw the 2S rumors so I held off.

I can get the Air 2 with a 10% Education discount, which brings it to $890 USD for the Flymore.

Apparently the 2S is going to be $1299 USD (based on a unit appearing in BestBuy over the last couple of days). That's a $400 USD premium for me, and I'm not sure if the 2S is worth that much extra over an Air 2.

We'll have to wait and see what the real specs are on April 15th, but as of now I'm leaning towards the Air 2.
Sit on your hands .if you decide to get the air 2 it will drop in the very near future.

No. I bought my MA2 last August, so I'll wait to see if the Air 3 is released next year (summer 2022) and if its RID compliant. I'm also hoping the Air 3 will have side obstacle detection sensors.

I did hear that the Air 2S may have something called "silent propellers" and I'm curious as to what that's about.

just found this on twitter .

5.4K30p, 4K60p, FHD 120p 12km range 31min flight time,also should work with the new goggles and the hand motion controller,,,, :)

If it can actually do both OS 2 & 3, that might be enough for me to upgrade from my MA2.

being able to use both SmartController andGoggles would be a nice upgrade.

not optimistic of that though.

It's a difficult one! My fleet now consists of the Mavic Mini, the Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller and the FPV.

• The mini I wanted to upgrade to the Mini 2 for the reasons of RAW photography and a greater range, but as it is really my hiking drone, it doesn't see to much use at the moment.

• I'm still in love with my Mavic 2 Pro with Smart controller, absolutely love that thing to bits, although it is a bit heavy to lug around

• The FPV has awoken a whole new joy for flying and FPV-ing, and both FPV and the Motion Controller are a blast!

Now, for the Air 2S to get on my list, it needs to
  • be able to be controlled with the smart controller (when not FPV-ing)
  • be able to be flown with the Goggles v2 (for that FPV fix, but then with great camera)
  • have to have a camera at least as good as the M2Pro's
  • Have a CE A1/A2/A3 mark for flying after 2023
I think that it will have a subset of these wishes, and tbh, I can't live with either of them, so I'll probably keep my two babies for the coming years and not worry about those in between upgrades. But then again, DJI has a habit of creating these amazingly desirable toys and I do jump on the "latest&greatest train" every now and then, so who knows! ;-)

1" sensor is a big upgrade by itself. If you don't have a Mavic Pro then this is worth getting.

This guy lucked up and picked his up today. Thought it wouldn’t be available until the 15th some Best Buy’s have them but supposedly not selling until the 15th. I think I’ll be getting it for the low light improvement. Besides that looks the same other then the sensors and camera look of it too

Last edited:
Reactions: ninja_geezer
Now, for the Air 2S to get on my list, it needs to
  • have to have a camera at least as good as the M2Pro's
  • Have a CE A1/A2/A3 mark for flying after 2023
I have a M2P; This is pretty much my list too. Suspect we won't get CE markings. Frankly that makes investing in a new drone a very short term proposition...

I have no plans to purchase the MA2s for my business, for one simple reason: As another commenter previously shared, my photo jobs are for the most part 98% lower res for inclusion in MLS listings and other collateral. Most videos are still requested for 1080 res for online usage. Friends and family fun and special event videos are shot higher, but real estate commercial jobs, for the foreseeable future, do not require the better camera capabilities from the MA2s. However, if I eventually begin to receive requirements for higher res missions, I will have to rethink that position. BTW, just an FYI: I still use my Mavic Pro as a backup. A solid, wind friendly quad that is still one of my favorites.

Reactions: JoostGT3
If it can actually do both OS 2 & 3, that might be enough for me to upgrade from my MA2.

being able to use both SmartController andGoggles would be a nice upgrade.

not optimistic of that though.
You would have to choose one or the other, correct? That is, not both at the same time?

Reactions: JoostGT3
Well, yes, but sometimes you want to fly fpv, sometimes not. Ideally, it should be able to do both. It shouldn’t be too much of a stretch; you can already connect your phone to the goggles and have it show the camera view on there.

When they say Fixed aperture can you still zoom in on things?

I bought my Air 2 last month on Amazon then bought the FPV after watching all the hype on YouTube. I really love the FPV flying with the goggles and the with the motion control is so immersive. I was instantly addicted. Then a few days later the internet posted that the Air 2S has Occusink 3, compatible with the goggles and motion controller. I was lucky enough to return the 2 S now I’m waiting a few days for the Air 2S release. I think this would be a great addition to those who own the DII FPV.

I just purchased the Air2 with Smart Controller package. I’m wondering if I should have waited for the Air2S???
I also bought that same package but now they say the Smart controller will not be compatible with 2S. So I returned my package. I was lucky that it wasn’t over 30 days in Amazon. I kept the extra two batteries I bought thought because they say, the 2S usua the same battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots