DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone balance their propllers?

serpa4

Reactions
I've had gimbal shake errors severe enough to freeze video while flying.
I have new MMP propellers that still vibrate. On my MPP, stock MP propellers are rock solid.
Has anyone attempted to balance propellers? If so, what did you use?
I'm sure centrifugal force makes them spin out symmetrically, but when it lands and stops, they move and thus cannot put them on a standard balancer I have for fixed blade propellers.

Reactions: pedroj
I've had gimbal shake errors severe enough to freeze video while flying.
I have new MMP propellers that still vibrate. On my MPP, stock MP propellers are rock solid.
Has anyone attempted to balance propellers? If so, what did you use?
I'm sure centrifugal force makes them spin out symmetrically, but when it lands and stops, they move and thus cannot put them on a standard balancer I have for fixed blade propellers.
iv never balanced centrifugal blades.
I do remember a post mentioning that the tips of the mpp blades bend at the tips when the arms are folded. I would set the 4 sets on a table and check visually that they are all the same.

Ya, I have noticed the bend when folded. Maybe that has deformed them. I found a couple youtube videos that I'll try to follow to balance.

I tried the "new" MMP props on my Mavic Pro. No real noise difference, maybe a weee bit quieter, but more the "tone" of the flight.

BUT, I did notice that my motors were running hotter than with the stock OEM units. A real scientific method of reading the temps, I used my cheek. With the "new" props" the motors were noticeably hotter. And they seemed flimsy, like, at the tips....

I tossed them......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aeronkat