DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else seeing large battery drain on iphone?

Hate to be rude. But not really sure why people are trying to still force using the 6s with the Mavic ... toss it out or forever live with a dead battery.

Reactions: alexanderguelph
On the topic Apple have kind of acknowledged they have an issue with how they handle heavy processing loads on the 6s and added something in 10.2.1 that's supposed to prevent the inadvertent shutdowns as well as a warning in the battery information screen if the battery's found to be in poor condition.
So updating should help.

I'm just glad I don't have to plan my flights around when I'll have enough time to charge my battery all the way up anymore. I used to cary around two 20,000 mah battery packs just to keep my phone charged, it was horrible. I tried a fresh restore on the 6s plus, no change, same issues. Same OS, restored from the same backup on 7 plus and problems are gone

They'll have a hard time ever convincing me the 6s plus battery isn't the issue

Reactions: Squamer
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I had an interesting behavior with iPhone 6+.

I started flying with 85% phone battery. After 4-5 minutes the phone warned me that battery is down to 20%.

I landed and plugged the phone with battery level 6% to a charger and it jumped immediately to 56% charged. Then I was able to fly again for another 5-6 minutes.

I realized that the iPhone switched in the charging icon when it was connected to the controller. We all know it doesn't charge, but the phone must have thought it is being charged.

Could be that this ha to do with the battery bug Apple has, however my phone serial doesn't qualify for an exchange of its battery.

I have switched off caching and was in flight mode. I did shot down other apps in the background and disallowed DJI GO to use GPS.

Weird. Very weird.

Not weird. Pretty common with the 6 which is why this thread is 6 pages of complaints. The phone will "pretend" it's charging when you plug it in with the controller off

I had the same problem btw with my iPhone. Ensuring before a flight you kill all background apps seems to ensure only 25-30% battery drain on my iphone 6s which is something I can live with. Prior to that I was seeing like 50-75% drain. I am not putting my phone in airplane mode for what it is worth and make sure screen brightness is not maxed.
Except you have to max out the screen brightness in order to see the screen which was not designed for this type of use.
I keep cellular on so the maps are constantly updated in background.
I like the app to know exactly where it is at all times.
it is very important to close all other apps though!
Just waiting for DJi to release the much awaited Chrystal Sky monitor in 2027!!

Hate to be rude. But not really sure why people are trying to still force using the 6s with the Mavic ... toss it out or forever live with a dead battery.

Tossing the iPhone 6s or living with a dead battery are not the only options. The iPhone 6s can be used with the Mavic if you take a few steps to optimize the battery. I have an iPhone 6 and a fellow local Mavic pilot has a 6s. We frequently fly together. With a fully charged 6s in warm temps it does fine (he doesn't leave it connected to the the RC when not flying but I'm not sure if that's really an issue or not).

I have been collecting tips on using the iPhone in cold weather and these tips have made a big difference:

iPhone Tips

Reactions: amstar
My 6s and Osmo mobile have this bug - hooks up find, records for a minute or so....then screen goes black and phone is dead. Phone needs restarted and phone is still black (display off).

Percentage for phone goes from 70% to 15% almost instantly.....

BUT, when I take the iphone home and plug it in to charge it shows a 50% charge! This is definitely an IOS bug
Weather was relatively cold - but 45 degrees shouldn't make this happen.

Oh, I used it inside the day before for long periods. No problems.

Reactions: 3kz
My 6s and Osmo mobile have this bug - hooks up find, records for a minute or so....then screen goes black and phone is dead. Phone needs restarted and phone is still black (display off).

Percentage for phone goes from 70% to 15% almost instantly.....

BUT, when I take the iphone home and plug it in to charge it shows a 50% charge! This is definitely an IOS bug
Weather was relatively cold - but 45 degrees shouldn't make this happen.

Oh, I used it inside the day before for long periods. No problems.

That's far worse that I have seen with my iPhone 6 and 7 but it's definitely worse at low temps. Try attaching some adhesive body warmers and leaving the iPhone on charge as long as possible. It also helps to reboot and put the phone in Airplane mode before using DJI Go.

That's far worse that I have seen with my iPhone 6 and 7 but it's definitely worse at low temps. Try attaching some adhesive body warmers and leaving the iPhone on charge as long as possible. It also helps to reboot and put the phone in Airplane mode before using DJI Go.
Phone was listen in recall in apple serial numbers - online.
Got a new free battery today....hopefully that will fix things!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme