DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone ever shopped on AliBaba?

So it'd be fairly simple to see if they're fake and return it would it not?
I guess it depends on how valuable time and effort are to you.

Reactions: BSauce955
Err.. DJI Agras MG-1 is like 9000 USD, here you can get it for 1000 USD. That sounds pretty great but I think I pass for now.

• Haha
Reactions: BSauce955
I've heard lots of comments suggesting that they may be fakes. Wouldn't they simply not be able to connect to the DJI Fly/Go 4 app? So it'd be fairly simple to see if they're fake and return it would it not?
I think it's far too much money to gamble on being able to return the item and get a refund since you're going to have no buyer protection on your side if you were buying something in your own country. That said even if it was through Amazon in the UK where I knew I'd likely get a refund I still wouldn't buy it since it's just waste of time and effort, those prices are so ridiculous there's no question they're a scam. There are some items that can be far cheaper from China but that is not the case with DJI drones.

Was it honggee2017.com you used?
I actually ordered a Mavic 2 pro with smart controller from them. They sell dji drones, apple products, tv's, etc.. from the greymarket. I don't know what to think, they said it would be 5-9 days to ship it to Belgium, but it has been 20 days so far.

I contacted Antony after 9 days about it, but it seems that he is lying to me. He told me to wait an extra 3-5 days because a lot of flights are being cancelled due to covid 19. I waited 8 days to contact him again, but he just said the same thing I had to wait another 3-5 days. I couldn't believe that carriers like DHL, Fedex and TNT take that long to send a package.

So I asked him what carrier they used and he said it was being shipped from a warehouse in the Netherlands. Belgium is located next to the Netherlands so it should only take 1-2 days to ship it here and they never do it by plane. So I contacted the local carrier in the Netherlands and the one here in Belgium and it still hasn't left China according to them.

I don't know what to think, they provided me with a tracking code, but it hasn't been updated since the 12th of January. They are a registered company in China, I got their VAT number and company number. You can check it on this site: https://www.ltddir.com/company?utm_source=honggee-industrial-co-limited

I'll keep you posted if it actually arrives or not.

Hi,
I also contacted them (Wholesale original and brand new sealed Consumer Electronics-) for a quote and prices are very attractive for all the DJI Drones including shipping and tax to UK. Even more if you buy several items.
As it is a bank transfer with no buyer protection, I am not sure if I wish to take the risk.

Jensieboy56 - Let us know what you think when you get the item. Hope you get it soon and that it is a genuine DJI one.

Hi,
I also contacted them (Wholesale original and brand new sealed Consumer Electronics-) for a quote and prices are very attractive for all the DJI Drones including shipping and tax to UK. Even more if you buy several items.
As it is a bank transfer with no buyer protection, I am not sure if I wish to take the risk.

Jensieboy56 - Let us know what you think when you get the item. Hope you get it soon and that it is a genuine DJI one.
I hope so too, I'll let you know

Alibaba has many offering the drone but none replied to me asking for a quote buying through Alibaba (as Alibaba offers some security).
The one that did answer asked to complete the purchase on their website 'honggee2017.com' with no security but very attractive prices.
This is where Jensieboy bought his and is still waiting for delivery. He will let us know when and if he receives it.
I wanted the 2S and the mavic 3 but was too scared to order without some references on the safety of the shop.

I am equally interested to know if there's any reliability associated with this wholesaler? Personally, if you take into account the cost of doing business, typically any retailer has at least a 45% margin in the cost of goods sold. So right off the bat, this translates to a wholesale price of 50% off retail. Now, purchasing from an unknown company in China next to production is going to yield a considerable discount, given the 50% example is buying from America or a home company inside your country. Now take into account that getting this type of product thru customs is going to take considerable time to arrive, no matter which Chinese company you go with. The bottom line is with these types of companies, you can forget about listing and selling this kind of inventory locally unless you want to make your customer wait weeks if not months. Otherwise, risking a large purchase on them to provide the capability of stocking local inventory begs the idea of putting a large sum of money at risk. Either way, risk is a reason why the prices are this low.

So, After a long time I got an email from the Belgian post office that the package is stuck at customs. I got a picture of the package, you can check for yourself. I ordered a mavic 2 pro with smart controller for 650 USD. The package says 20 sd cards with a value of 100 USD. I'm in discussion with alibaba and wise about getting my money back, but it seems I lost it all. So be warned, don't make the same mistake as me. It seems to good to be true because it is to good to be true. This is a real setback for me, I'm a still student hoping to make some money doing drone photography, but instead I lost 650 USD.1645029023132.png

So, After a long time I got an email from the Belgian post office that the package is stuck at customs. I got a picture of the package, you can check for yourself. I ordered a mavic 2 pro with smart controller for 650 USD. The package says 20 sd cards with a value of 100 USD. I'm in discussion with alibaba and wise about getting my money back, but it seems I lost it all. So be warned, don't make the same mistake as me. It seems to good to be true because it is to good to be true. This is a real setback for me, I'm a still student hoping to make some money doing drone photography, but instead I lost 650 USD.View attachment 143992
Sorry for your loss. Education is expensive no matter how you acquire it I suppose.

Hi,
Sorry it didn't go to plan.
Can't you just pay the tax and get it released from costume?
As you didn't buy on Alibaba but on the shop website, I don't know how easy is it to make a claim.
Good luck.
Boaz

I’ve ordered through AliExpress amd have always received what I have ordered….just took about a month to get my package. Sometimes with higher cost items, they will put “camera parts” or other low value vague items on the custom declarations to skirt the import fees. I get a laugh out of the descriptions some times. The package weight is 2kg or 4.4lbs….if I had to guess, that may be the weight of a Mavic 2 Pro and SC with box.

I’ve ordered through AliExpress amd have always received what I have ordered….just took about a month to get my package. Sometimes with higher cost items, they will put “camera parts” or other low value vague items on the custom declarations to skirt the import fees. I get a laugh out of the descriptions some times.

Same with me… I’ve also ordered from DHGate. Never anything over $150, so I go in it knowing that if I’m scammed it’s “only” $150

Reactions: PottyMouth312
Hi there,
I find it rude of such people. I also almost ordered an Iphon 12 pro max from Honegge, after getting the proforma invoice I was skeptical as the transfer name was someone very different from the company. I asked him what that name is and he said it's my boss's name. So I knew it had to be a fake. Important: as soon as another name comes into play, something is wrong.
Unfortunately, I fell for a scammer last week. Also on Alibaba the name is Alan Perkins. He offered an iPhone 12 pro max for 280USD, which of course seemed a bit cheap to me. In the end I thought yes ok for 280USD I'll do it. These are very professional scammers who even fake the shipping page. I could see exactly where my iphone appears to be. Then came the customs fees, I should transfer 150EUR customs fees to Western Union, then the iPhone will be delivered to me immediately. So I thought I'd do the 150EUR, but that's the end of it. After I transferred the money, the big highlight came:
Famous-Evergreenshipping needs a security of 800EUR for insurance and VAT, as soon as I transfer this amount, the package will be handed over to DHL. The scam is always that these scammers want to put a lot of pressure on you. It didn't go that far, I threatened to call the police. Then there was silence for two days and then he wrote again that I should transfer the money immediately, otherwise the iPhone will be sent back. Then I wrote to him asking him to give me the exact company address. It was this address: Sales Store LTD 332 Garden Oaks Blvd, Houston, TX
I googled it right away, got the exact house on the map confirmed by Alan Perkins, and lo and behold, it was a house that was for sale. So all fake!!!! It was also a lesson for me. Of course he wanted to come up with the scam at the beginning: Take 4 pieces and only pay for 3
But first I wanted to know carefully whether that could be the case. That's why I only asked for one thing, which of course didn't come.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3