DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone run into this?

CentralVAphoto

Reactions
I’m using an old iPhone 6+ to fly my Mini and getting cpu warnings. Coming from Mavic Pro, I’m not as familiar with the DJI Fly app and it seems pretty wifty. Also have a little red warning icon, bottom center, that looks like a device symbol, crossed through. See screenshots.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• 7B06128B-78FF-449E-A5E1-85CDCA2ECCDA.png
    7B06128B-78FF-449E-A5E1-85CDCA2ECCDA.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 82
  • 4F7D4060-45D0-40DB-931D-25E8E8895F23.png
    4F7D4060-45D0-40DB-931D-25E8E8895F23.png
    5 MB · Views: 77
it means you device is not powerful enough to run the app properly

Didn't search for similar threads before posting this. There were already a bunch of great suggestions for mitigating this in a related thread, so no need to reply to my query at this point. The problem has been intermittent, so it's not that the device isn't powerful enough. I simply didn't perceive the pattern that leads to the warning message, until reading the related thread. Now I'm certain it's because I screen record while flying. I'm able to fly and record using my dedicated iPad and DJI GO 4 with the Mavic Pro, so I just didn't make the connection at first.
Also, it was 100 degrees outside when I flew (~38 C) and the phone was hot. To top things off, I flew in my backyard, where the WiFi is very strong, after not using the setup for a week or so. The phone was therefore using a ton of power updating everything and anything in the background. Since I don't use the device as a phone anymore, it's time to remove all the apps and background processes that slow the device down.
Pretty short thread now, huh?

I would like to know what the symbology is supposed to depict in the bottom center of the app. Guessing it only appears when the cpu is fully loaded and the connection between the device and aircraft is tenuous.

Cheers.

Didn't search for similar threads before posting this. There were already a bunch of great suggestions for mitigating this in a related thread, so no need to reply to my query at this point. The problem has been intermittent, so it's not that the device isn't powerful enough. I simply didn't perceive the pattern that leads to the warning message, until reading the related thread. Now I'm certain it's because I screen record while flying. I'm able to fly and record using my dedicated iPad and DJI GO 4 with the Mavic Pro, so I just didn't make the connection at first.
Also, it was 100 degrees outside when I flew (~38 C) and the phone was hot. To top things off, I flew in my backyard, where the WiFi is very strong, after not using the setup for a week or so. The phone was therefore using a ton of power updating everything and anything in the background. Since I don't use the device as a phone anymore, it's time to remove all the apps and background processes that slow the device down.
Pretty short thread now, huh?

I would like to know what the symbology is supposed to depict in the bottom center of the app. Guessing it only appears when the cpu is fully loaded and the connection between the device and aircraft is tenuous.

Cheers.

It means there is issue with the gps on the phone, that's why it can't provide an AC position relative to the RC which uses the phone's gps readings for it's location.

Reactions: charliej
I use my old Motorola e4 as a dedicated phone for flying. Pared down to minimum ...no unneeded apps, no tying up my phone, no sim card & no cpu issues. Highly recommended.

Reactions: reaganbp
It means there is issue with the gps on the phone, that's why it can't provide an AC position relative to the RC which uses the phone's gps readings for it's location.
It's the phone's CPU, this has nothing to do with GPS.
The phone's brain is overloaded so it can't display the app properly in real time.

The phone's GPS data isn't used for anything in normal flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98