DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone try "Command" or "Control" from Titan Drones, Inc?

Not sure if I'm totally "on board" with these range extenders. Hell, the Mavic already has a 4 mile range not sure what more is needed. I do like the ground-station, but I don't think that it could be used with my FPV racing quads

In certain conditions I only get 3,000 feet or so of range (dense forest). So I could see a range extender coming in handy.

Using VAS pepperbox on my fpv quads was certainly helpful IMO

Well lookie here... another "range extender" antenna!
I ll cut to the chase: This " control" is the same type of "money maker BS" as other systems. I have tried many being " new" to drones, grew up fast.
The mavic stock system is near perfection. If you want to pull that apart and get 10% extra range with the " best" antenna out there? Go ahead.
Also manufacturers of these things do not take into account these " upgrade" antennae behave differently with CE output.
NOTE: in FCC region people are making close/over 10 miles with stock antenna's and battery modded mavics.
So IF you have issues: BOOST IT! it's the only way, sorry.

Now comes " conquer" with built in booster and battery..: Now this looks more like it. (I must say I do like your designs) But the specs do not mention mavic as compatible, why?

Reactions: AIRJORGE
I'm not a newbie here. I've been messing with many types of aftermarket mods (boosted, un-boosted, linear, CP, whip, etc.) for my P3P and have seen significant improvement in my signal strength for my area (wifi congestion, power lines, trees, houses, cellphone towers, etc.).

So just to be clear, I'm not looking for distance records in large open areas with little to no interference (which is where most of the claims of "my stock Mavic can go "x" plus miles" come from. I just want to be able to fly from my home, which is located in an area with the issues mentioned previously, to a river (just a few blocks away) which has landscaping that changes drastically after a severe storm (which unfortunately happens too often).

I'm not a newbie here. I've been messing with many types of aftermarket mods (boosted, un-boosted, linear, CP, whip, etc.) for my P3P and have seen significant improvement in my signal strength for my area (wifi congestion, power lines, trees, houses, cellphone towers, etc.).

So just to be clear, I'm not looking for distance records in large open areas with little to no interference (which is where most of the claims of "my stock Mavic can go "x" plus miles" come from. I just want to be able to fly from my home, which is located in an area with the issues mentioned previously, to a river (just a few blocks away) which has landscaping that changes drastically after a severe storm (which unfortunately happens too often).

Previous results based on the phantom series have let mavic flyers down. Period.
I remind that the mavic is a different creature. It's perfected, developed further than the p3p. So has its transmission and antenna system.
Im not bashing brands here, just trying to help. I have some money to waste and so i did also for mavic trying to get better signal. Tried many options. Only 1 thing really worked: amps.
Amps will help you through some obstacles at mid range but anywhere above 3km...forget it. Then you need LoS.
Downside is that amping means bulkier remote but with some creativity it can be still portable.
Yea...nature can be beautiful and cruel at the same time.
See below my set for an idea. This is a "medium bulky" version, i like it this way.

Edit: you can get a smaller antenna, smaller battery and smaller booster for a little less performance. With this one the signal goes through a brick shed, a full tree line and other foliage and only disconnects after 4km.
This was also stock/upgrade antenna unboosted in clear LoS.
Now with LoS i can go almost 7km (battery limit) with full signal on RC and 3-4 bars on HD.
Just to give an idea what a 1000mW booster does.

20170529_112416.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Blades and Vilco
Well lookie here... another "range extender" antenna!
I ll cut to the chase: This " control" is the same type of "money maker BS" as other systems. I have tried many being " new" to drones, grew up fast.
The mavic stock system is near perfection. If you want to pull that apart and get 10% extra range with the " best" antenna out there? Go ahead.
Also manufacturers of these things do not take into account these " upgrade" antennae behave differently with CE output.
NOTE: in FCC region people are making close/over 10 miles with stock antenna's and battery modded mavics.
So IF you have issues: BOOST IT! it's the only way, sorry.

Now comes " conquer" with built in booster and battery..: Now this looks more like it. (I must say I do like your designs) But the specs do not mention mavic as compatible, why?

Because the Conquer has magnets and is quite large. I'm sure you know magnets don't belong near the Mavic. If you feel a 360 degree radiation pattern is perfect for penetration and of course range then I'd say you're good to go. We disagree. There are many many people who don't get anywhere near the max range capabilities. Everyone flies in different environments. We are working on numerous solutions for all kinds of environments. Take a look at Tracktenna from DJI...does it have amps? The answer is most certainly no. As many are aware, or you are now, antennas are 70% of the battle when dealing with penetration and range issues. You are taking the radiation and focusing it in front of the RC. Amps help more for penetration in highly congested areas. We will be switching the Conquer to the t lock as well so it can be used with the Mavic but we will have better solutions. If you want to use a harness then go for it I will add it today. I appreciate your feedback and the fact you like our designs. Stay tuned for more. :)

Because the Conquer has magnets and is quite large. I'm sure you know magnets don't belong near the Mavic. If you feel a 360 degree radiation pattern is perfect for penetration and of course range then I'd say you're good to go. We disagree. There are many many people who don't get anywhere near the max range capabilities. Everyone flies in different environments. We are working on numerous solutions for all kinds of environments. Take a look at Tracktenna from DJI...does it have amps? The answer is most certainly no. As many are aware, or you are now, antennas are 70% of the battle when dealing with penetration and range issues. You are taking the radiation and focusing it in front of the RC. Amps help more for penetration in highly congested areas. We will be switching the Conquer to the t lock as well so it can be used with the Mavic but we will have better solutions. If you want to use a harness then go for it I will add it today. I appreciate your feedback and the fact you like our designs. Stay tuned for more. :)

The antennas and mounts look great. We just need someone around here to post some real-world results. Getting on the range leader-board should help your sales greatly. Regarding the stock setup, it is pretty amazing given that it's omni-directional. We had a member fly nearly 46,000 feet out (battery limited) at 60ft altitude. Of course in areas of interference and obstacles, you need a more directional and perhaps boosted antenna such as yours. We look forward to seeing a Mavic compatible boosted solution along with some test results.

Let's agree to disagree on some things, no problem with that. A lot of people having issues with range is keeping LoS. The mavic is amazing stock if it is utilized correctly.
And yes, the DJI Tracktenna is boosted...

You are correct about the mavic remote and magnets. We do want to keep those seperated...
Some things to consider for your designs:
- less wide than conquer (maybe max 18cm) but thicker is ok because amps and battery.That would be an awesome all in 1 solution.
-quick release connectors: not sure about those. The system seems to be very picky when it comes to connectors. Have not used before.
- A mount that can fold the panel against the back of the controller using flexible coax (rg316 or high grade rg58 flex) would reduce the need to detach it.
Lots of us (that do not mind sacrificing) have modded with sma already, personally im not a fan of opening this remote over and over again.
As said, the designs are slick. Really like it and willing to buy and try if you have a boosted mavic panel.
I grew into liking this antenna stuff. Was always scared of boredom getting into drones \)

Edit: it also would not be bad to deliver some test results from a CE region. Here we suffer the most from reduced output..

Let's agree to disagree on some things, no problem with that. A lot of people having issues with range is keeping LoS. The mavic is amazing stock if it is utilized correctly.
And yes, the DJI Tracktenna is boosted...

You are correct about the mavic remote and magnets. We do want to keep those seperated...
Some things to consider for your designs:
- less wide than conquer (maybe max 18cm) but thicker is ok because amps and battery.That would be an awesome all in 1 solution.
-quick release connectors: not sure about those. The system seems to be very picky when it comes to connectors. Have not used before.
- A mount that can fold the panel against the back of the controller using flexible coax (rg316 or high grade rg58 flex) would reduce the need to detach it.
Lots of us (that do not mind sacrificing) have modded with sma already, personally im not a fan of opening this remote over and over again.
As said, the designs are slick. Really like it and willing to buy and try if you have a boosted mavic panel.
I grew into liking this antenna stuff. Was always scared of boredom getting into drones \)

Edit: it also would not be bad to deliver some test results from a CE region. Here we suffer the most from reduced output..

I will make you a boosted one. We do all the design and manufacturing in house. Email me your contact information and I'll let you know when it's ready. You can be our first tester for that. :)

Reactions: Vilco
Yeah a boosted version would be good.

I agree the one thing I hate about the DBS antenna is that it doesn't fold flat for storage and it would have been so easy to do

image.jpg Not hijacking thread but: nanosync unboosted, see below.
I can flip the antenna 180 deg for a more " flat" solution but then the antenna will stick out more on the top side.
image.jpg

Only saves you a couple of cm though. Yet it's easier to squeeze it in a bag.

Reactions: newguy
I bet you'll see some exciting news from Titan Drones in the very near future.Thumbswayup

The issue is while they claim to have all this testing done, I can't find anything that proves otherwise.

@TitanDronesInc - Do you have any mavic customers with video(s) of the Control antenna in use?

I really like your design, but am hesitant to pull the trigger because I'd hate to tear-apart my Mavic controller (not as simple as Phantom remotes) only to find out they don't do much when compared to stock antenna. How much do you charge to install mod if I send you my remote?

Reactions: Cj10488
@TitanDronesInc - Do you have any mavic customers with video(s) of the Control antenna in use?

I really like your design, but am hesitant to pull the trigger because I'd hate to tear-apart my Mavic controller (not as simple as Phantom remotes) only to find out they don't do much when compared to stock antenna. How much do you charge to install mod if I send you my remote?

I've sent out numerous units to unpaid unbiased testers including at least two from this forum and we have sold quite a few. I'd understand your concern so I'd wait until the reviews trickles in before you make your decision. We charge $99 to mod the RC

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22