DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone try "Command" or "Control" from Titan Drones, Inc?

That looks awesome. It doesn't look too big like the original Conquer. This not my picture but somebody else's one and it's a monster....
FB_IMG_1501474306957.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1501474306957.jpg
    FB_IMG_1501474306957.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 51
First impression on product:
- pretty as always
- breeze to install mod (if done other install before)
- Heavy...600gr+. You might wanna sit down for long range flights which i will do.
But the remote holds it well.
- i have no hands-on with the quick-connectors. I will have to see how they last plug-unplug cycles.
- quick swap with dipoles is great. Especially more fail-safe if boosters/battery fail.

More to come.
Let us know how it goes. Im very interested in getting boosted...

Titan rep said he thought these would be going on sale this week. He said there are 5 beta testers (Maclak must be one of them. [emoji3]) Let us know what you think of it as soon as you can as I need something like this and if it works, I'm definitely going to get one. I wish I could of been one of these beta testers as my business is electronic in nature and I'm an amateur radio operator. I have much time to test as I own the company.

Reactions: UBCNME
Titan rep said he thought these would be going on sale this week. He said there are 5 beta testers (Maclak must be one of them. [emoji3]) Let us know what you think of it as soon as you can as I need something like this and if it works, I'm definitely going to get one. I wish I could of been one of these beta testers as my business is electronic in nature and I'm an amateur radio operator. I have much time to test as I own the company.
Waiting on my last battery to charge fully. After that goin to field. Im as excited as you are really. Hoping this is going to be success.

Me too! What kind of terrain will you be testing in? City? Any interference around you? Country? Tall trees around you? Any feedback like that will really help me.

Let me put it this way: i ve tested different boosters and different antennas along this profile. Tonight will be clear LoS long range with predictable sources of interference (which proved to be stronger than congested area). No trees for now, i might do that tomorrow. Cities i do not do anymore. Paranoid agressive crowd in EU.

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
Screenshot_2017-07-31-20-53-12.png

Ok done 3 flights, was dark when finished. Full of bug-bites.

Performance: 8/10. It is a good long-range system and performs well. The rc signal can go well over 15km my guess but i could not test this because of battery and....the downlink (HD). It became unstable at distance (8350m) and dropped from 40% to the red bar when making shallow turns, see attached pic. This behaviour to me is normally showing that i should not rely on a linear deterioration of downlink signal but rather exponential.
I might have been able to stretch it a bit by gaining altitude to have less interference from celltowers but max 70m is my benchmark testing the stuff.
The HD signal is generally stronger (1 bar avg) than FCC stock system and outperforms CE mode greatly.
The RC signal is just super.
Other flight over congested area (sorry will not post any visuals on that) showed supreme performance over stock as in: had mostly 80-100% RC and 60-80% HD signal where mav would have kicked-in RTH stock.

Ergonomics:
Heavy. I have tweaked the gps speed and with the titan on my lap it was hard to precision control the right stick (mode2) to keep speed around 45km/h.
A lanyard would be good but exact location for good CoG depends on what you have as interface.
It clicks well into the mount and plugging the connectors is very functional.
The amp battery still showed 74% after 80 mins of flight.
The shiny system gets full of greasy fingerprints. James normally includes a microfiber cloth to get rid of these, so no worries there.
Overall it's a kickass looking system that performs well. All in 1 and no messy cables.
I am curious about other tests and what the findings will be.
If any questions please feel free to ask.

View attachment 18518

Ok done 3 flights, was dark when finished. Full of bug-bites.

Performance: 8/10. It is a good long-range system and performs well. The rc signal can go well over 15km my guess but i could not test this because of battery and....the downlink (HD). It became unstable at distance (8350m) and dropped from 40% to the red bar when making shallow turns, see attached pic. This behaviour to me is normally showing that i should not rely on a linear deterioration of downlink signal but rather exponential.
I might have been able to stretch it a bit by gaining altitude to have less interference from celltowers but max 70m is my benchmark testing the stuff.
The HD signal is generally stronger (1 bar avg) than FCC stock system and outperforms CE mode greatly.
The RC signal is just super.
Other flight over congested area (sorry will not post any visuals on that) showed supreme performance over stock as in: had mostly 80-100% RC and 60-80% HD signal where mav would have kicked-in RTH stock.

Ergonomics:
Heavy. I have tweaked the gps speed and with the titan on my lap it was hard to precision control the right stick (mode2) to keep speed around 45km/h.
A lanyard would be good but exact location for good CoG depends on what you have as interface.
It clicks well into the mount and plugging the connectors is very functional.
The amp battery still showed 74% after 80 mins of flight.
The shiny system gets full of greasy fingerprints. James normally includes a microfiber cloth to get rid of these, so no worries there.
Overall it's a kickass looking system that performs well. All in 1 and no messy cables.
I am curious about other tests and what the findings will be.
If any questions please feel free to ask.

This guys stuff is really nice. BUUUT, he don't let the public test enough. Glad to see he has you.

Overall I hear mediocre results from his stuff. The video of the tactical case who's very little gains.

This guys stuff is really nice. BUUUT, he don't let the public test enough. Glad to see he has you.

Overall I hear mediocre results from his stuff. The video of the tactical case who's very little gains.

Actually i did not know about Titandrones before i ran into it here. I know for a fact that these guys are passionate and no popup company trying to make quick bucks.
Not many companies let the crowd test like this, these are no $100 units!
There should be more people checking in soon that tested these. Im curious too.
The product is very high quality and also inside nicely done (again mentioned i have mark ll. ).
James actually tested Mark I and figured that the boosters were getting warm inside the case so room was increased.
I can confirm that, after almost 1.5 hr of continuous ops the rx booster feels slightly warm (on the side where attached to case) but well within limits. Need to figure a good location for neckstrap but this will be different for everyone depending on interface used.

Thank you for the in depth test. What kind of distances were you getting over congested areas? Still would like to see same test height over wooded areas. I know you are limited by the kind of terrain you have available. You did a great job and the mosquitos appreciate it! [emoji6]

Reactions: MacIak
Thank you for the in depth test. What kind of distances were you getting over congested areas? Still would like to see same test height over wooded areas. I know you are limited by the kind of terrain you have available. You did a great job and the mosquitos appreciate it! [emoji6]

Beaming through trees is tricky. Depends also hoe thick the line is and the kind of trees. Very little chance someone can come up with reliable performance. That s why i omit doing this kind of test.
Congested areas give more or less the same as open field but need to go up to 100m agl.
Also depends if you can push thru strong interference areas. The signal will be a bit more twitchy but it holds strong up to 6km.
You have to see it like this: at longer distance interference will effect the signal more severe, especially the downlink.
With any kind of antenna/booster in this freq range: keeping radio LoS is the key.

Last edited:
Gotta love American "go big or go home" engineering

Can you guys make the ultimate battery for Mavic also please?

Actually i did not know about Titandrones before i ran into it here. I know for a fact that these guys are passionate and no popup company trying to make quick bucks.
Not many companies let the crowd test like this, these are no $100 units!
There should be more people checking in soon that tested these. Im curious too.
The product is very high quality and also inside nicely done (again mentioned i have mark ll. ).
James actually tested Mark I and figured that the boosters were getting warm inside the case so room was increased.
I can confirm that, after almost 1.5 hr of continuous ops the rx booster feels slightly warm (on the side where attached to case) but well within limits. Need to figure a good location for neckstrap but this will be different for everyone depending on interface used.

No offense Maclak, but it's hard to be honest about a company when they send you free stuff. Even if the performance isn't that good, it's nearly impossible to be honest. Especially defending what kind of guy he is.

The video of the case with the guy gushing over its quality first, and results second, was an employee or something. The guy setup a YouTube account and that was his first video. Then he setup a MavicPilots account and started gushing here. Something doesn't add up. I asked the guy, on YouTube, and he freaked out. Started defending "James" and what a good company they are etc.

In a world where the Mavic system gets more range than Battery, and external Batteries will allow, this solution isn't a solution, but rather bolting a toaster on the front of you compact remote. IMO

His antenna makes a lot more sense on the Phantom series. It needs antenna help.

No offense Maclak, but it's hard to be honest about a company when they send you free stuff. Even if the performance isn't that good, it's nearly impossible to be honest. Especially defending what kind of guy he is.

The video of the case with the guy gushing over its quality first, and results second, was an employee or something. The guy setup a YouTube account and that was his first video. Then he setup a MavicPilots account and started gushing here. Something doesn't add up. I asked the guy, on YouTube, and he freaked out. Started defending "James" and what a good company they are etc.

In a world where the Mavic system gets more range than Battery, and external Batteries will allow, this solution isn't a solution, but rather bolting a toaster on the front of you compact remote. IMO

His antenna makes a lot more sense on the Phantom series. It needs antenna help.
Hey bud,
I totally understand your point of view. I do not have similar experience like you.
Getting stuff to test i do not see as "free". It takes me a lot of time to prepare, mod and test. And my time is not particularly cheap. Not to mention the follow-up. Does not mean i will use all stuff. When i offer to send back im usually told i do not need to, i give it to someone. I am being objective and honest, trying what's out there to help community to choose.
Hoe many antenna's are out there promising 3x stock range unboosted?
I started using different antenna's because in my area i ran out of signal 3km out, it was frustrating. I opted to mod antenna and not a single one would fit my stock mavic bag. So i bought a slightly bigger one and my criteria is also that any tested system fits in there. Still portable and unlimited by signal (note: in CE region).
Different (boosted) systems to fit different needs. This one has no cable mess and the hotswap with dipoles is gold. Performance overall good.
Price/quality (looking at the "conquer" price of $ 299) still good.
I would not regret having bought the production version as i know it will be good quality.

Bought the conquer for my P4P and the distance will go as far as the battery will last. I have lots of trees and hills and cuts thru very nice as compared to stock. Then I bought the control for my mavic and could not believe the penetration it had compared to stock. I went over 1.5 miles thru heavy wooded hills in southern Ohio and could not believe it made it that far. James and his employee's are great to work with and discuss all options. From what I understand they are coming out with a boosted antennae for the mavic in a few weeks and I will be one of the first to order. Can't wait.

Bought the conquer for my P4P and the distance will go as far as the battery will last. I have lots of trees and hills and cuts thru very nice as compared to stock. Then I bought the control for my mavic and could not believe the penetration it had compared to stock. I went over 1.5 miles thru heavy wooded hills in southern Ohio and could not believe it made it that far. James and his employee's are great to work with and discuss all options. From what I understand they are coming out with a boosted antennae for the mavic in a few weeks and I will be one of the first to order. Can't wait.

I talked to them yesterday and they said they thought the Mavic boosted antenna (Cyclone) would be for sale this week. We'll see....

Reactions: UBCNME
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661